Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this helps anybody, but I was contacted by my investigator. Took my fingerprint march 12th. I haven't heard of anyone else being contacted, but I am a LEO, Vet and scored a 94. I had to differ due to a deployment. I'm assuming others that are close to the top of the list will be contacted as well. I am a little curious as to why i'm the only person I've heard of being contacted (also stoked). Reason i'm curious is that I heard they've separated prior LEO in the current academy to their own class. Possibly fast tracking people due to COVID-19!?!? Anyways, has anyone else started there background from the March 12th group? just wanna keep track with the rest of y'all for timelines etc. Good luck boys and girls!

Comment

• isle_b
      isle_b commented
      Editing a comment
      What have you done so far? Just prints or poly/psych?

• Good to see the prior post. Has anyone else heard from anyone from civil service or background the last few weeks. Are they still processing through the virus or shut down.

Comment

• Dubs123
      Dubs123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I emailed them last week and they said they were still processing people. They have a bunch of emails on the civil service page right now that you can use.

• Spoke with someone on Monday and just as Dubs123 said, the processing hasn't slowed down. The investigator I spoke with said he was just processing an application for someone who scored 88.9 on the test.

Comment

• Has Nassau Resumed physical agility test?

Comment

• Tmin
        Tmin commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine was postponed and I haven’t received an email to reschedule

• Anyone under 43*list number hear anything ? Did everything over the summer. just been waiting. Wondering if the virus slowing stuff down? 90 on the test did physical... urine test... prints/photo... never got a BI or anything.

Comment

• Low 4’s . Got B.I. But didn’t get scheduled for psych or anything after. Expected that with what’s going on.

Comment

• Justwaiting1
          Justwaiting1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im 42x. No BI yet. I guess it will come soon? Fingers crossed. Good luck!!

• congrats to the city cops that were in the academy. maybe Nassau will finally make it better for guys with prior time

Comment

• Hey guys I have a bi interview in may, do we think it will still be on or postponed? How do they expect us to get paperwork with everything shut down. Thanks!

Comment

• Baileyfeder1
            Baileyfeder1 commented
            Editing a comment
            12xx. Passed fitness test in March

• Jackson2240
            Jackson2240 commented
            Editing a comment
            And you got a meeting with b.i.? I’m low 400 and spoke on phone but haven’t been called in. Town preference ?

• Baileyfeder1
            Baileyfeder1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wasn’t assigned a bi or anything. I haven’t done anything except fitness test, this is just the beginning of the background investigation for me

• hopefullyin26
            hopefullyin26 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you get emailed that online portal/packet?

• Wasn’t assigned a bi or anything. I haven’t done anything except fitness test, this is just the beginning of the background investigation for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Ctb3892 View Post
            Hey , was wondering if anyone had info regarding transferring from OTJ in NYPD to a village? I’ve heard from a couple people that you need 3 years on the job in the city to be able to transfer to a village without having to go through the academy ? Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I thought it didn’t matter at all and you can just switch over if you sign a COE with a village .

They like to put you through an academy to get rid of that city mentality. Nothing worse than a know it all hair bag city cop with 2 years OTJ thinking he’s gonna change the world.

Comment

• Ctb3892
              Ctb3892 commented
              Editing a comment
              Seems like a waste of thousands of dollars to do that. Unless the Nassau style of training is that much different compared to NYPD academy and they really feel it’s necessary. I don’t know many hair bags with 2 years on the job that think they know everything but I’m sure some are out there .

• Originally posted by Haywood16 View Post

They like to put you through an academy to get rid of that city mentality. Nothing worse than a know it all hair bag city cop with 2 years OTJ thinking he’s gonna change the world.
            lol the villages actually love to hire city cops. they do not want to pay to send you to the academy unless they absolutely have to. they will interview tons of people until they find someone with 3 years on. the city has a weird thing where they will sue the village or town that hires a city cop with less than 3 year on. once they find that person they will try and hire them. it happens all of the time.

Comment

• Ctb3892
              Ctb3892 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I heard about that weird rule. It would still be cheaper for them to hire someone with less than 3 years vs someone never OTJ correct? I read the law somewhere and say you have 2.5 years on the city can only sue the village for a much less amount than say someone that just graduated the academy a month ago in which they can sue for they full training costs .

• yes it technically would be cheaper but I guess the villages and towns might not want to spend time and money in court. that's why they interview until they find the guy with at least 3 years on. I know for a fact that some villages will not hire anyone until they find a city cop. I know 3 people that interviewed for Lloyd harbor and the chief flat out told them that they will not hire them and they are looking for someone with prior time.

Comment

• Ctb3892
              Ctb3892 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow that kinda sucks . Why even get peoples hopes up and interview them if they only want someone with prior time lmao

• TheGreatBambino
              TheGreatBambino commented
              Editing a comment
              To get to who they want. If someone they want is #3 and you're #2, they will interview and pass on you so they do not get sued.

• Trust me every city cop before you thought doing another academy was ridiculous. They could do a shortened academy. But they want to teach you silly things like twist lock cuffing (which you will never use on patrol). Speed cuffing for life!

Comment

• Anyone know what’s going on? Are they processing people that are due to report to meet investigator , take psych and medical? Or all is on hold?

thanks

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.c...-tax-extension “Curran said she is directing all county department and agency heads to find cost-saving opportunities. The first of those is an immediate freeze on new hires and non-essential purchases.”

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6233 users online. 339 members and 5894 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X