Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow they’re moving fast down the list.

Comment

• Does anyone have any idea around when the next academy might be? I’ve been hearing April but the sources are not very reliable.

Comment

• HighwayBob
        HighwayBob commented
        Editing a comment
        It's probably still up in the air to an extent. We were supposed to put 75 or so recruits in the NCPD Academy in July but now I'm hearing it'll be May.

• Mansour331
        Mansour331 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your input highway bob. Good to know. I’m currently list number 34x and have already met my BI in December, do you think I have a chance to be in the next academy?

• Does anybody know if on this test local(village,towns etc.) PDs will be canvassing through email or sending a letter to your home?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mansour331 View Post
        Does anybody know if on this test local(village,towns etc.) PDs will be canvassing through email or sending a letter to your home?
        Letter to home

Comment

• bluelinerjr
          bluelinerjr commented
          Editing a comment
          Is there a certain point when the canvass letters are sent? Or can they come at any point during the process?

• Dadjokes
          Dadjokes commented
          Editing a comment
          They will come by email right before the county gives you a COE. That will happen when your background check is completed successfully.

• Scores are now down to 86.80.

Comment

• How long after they reach your score do they schedule you for the physical?

Comment

• Nhayes91
            Nhayes91 commented
            Editing a comment
            You should get scheduled by email immediately after they hit your score. I think mine was the same day, if you're talking about the fitness test. You have about 3 weeks notice from email to the test.

• Need some advice! I scored a 85 on the exam and with processing down to scores 86.8 and above, I should be getting a call soon. I have 4 1/2 years with nypd. If it came down to staying with nypd or going to Nassau what would you do? Thanks

Comment

• Mansour331
            Mansour331 commented
            Editing a comment
            NCPD hands down!!
            1) work schedule 12 hr shifts, 2 on,3 off,3 on,4 off
            2) higher top pay around 122
            3) better quality of life
            4) and for me it’s local so no commuting to the city.

That’s just my opinion but depending on your situation you’d have to take those things into consideration and see what’s best for you. I like the scheduling because on my days off with the huge pay cut and all I can still work HVAC part time. Hope that helps.

• Dubs123
            Dubs123 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m in the same boat as you, 4 years on scored a 90.3 but when that time comes I’m leaving and not looking back all for quality of life reasons. More time off, closer commute and higher pay. Sure the starting pay is low but hopefully the next contract raises it a little. The city is just ran like trash and never going to get close to the top pays of any of these agency’s.

• 02/23 Physical examination: passed
          03/12 need to go to NCPD HQ for finger prints
          moving quickly, good luck to everyone today.

Comment

• Still waiting to hear from an investigator, list number #5xx. Just to give everyone an idea where they are at regarding list numbers.

Comment

• Hey just a heads up to those who had met with their BI back around December, DQ letters will be going out till the end of February, so if you don’t hear anything by the end of the month you should be in the clear. Good luck.

Comment

• isle_b
                isle_b commented
                Editing a comment
                Where you hear this?

• Mansour331
                Mansour331 commented
                Editing a comment
                Civil Service Commission

• I should be in the NYPD April academy and I’m just starting the NCPD process (physical test in March). Is everything for Nassau’s process on the weekends or will this be problematic for me going through the process while I’m in the academy?

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
                NYPDpoQNS commented
                Editing a comment
                You will have to report to somethings on weekdays but your investigator will work with you regarding scheduling

• Tmin
                Tmin commented
                Editing a comment
                Does anyone have personal experience with this ?

• NYPDpoQNS
                NYPDpoQNS commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, they will work with you

• Looking for some advice & insight. I scored an 86 so I should be getting called soon. I’m ready to buy a house with cash on hand for a down payment. Will the investigator take my financials into consideration and see my mortgage as a negative?
              Last edited by sp2323; 02-26-2020, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• Nhayes91
                Nhayes91 commented
                Editing a comment
                I can't say for sure but I couldn't see that being a disqualifying factor. I think they want to see if you are bad with money and have poor credit, loans in collection and that sort of thing.

• cam36
                cam36 commented
                Editing a comment
                Negative, you'll be fine. I bought a house 3 months before I got sworn in. Definitely assess and reassess the affordability of your house before you do anything. I assume you'd be taking a huge pay cut, like myself, if you're in the position of buying a house, so make sure you're ready to keep up with all your expenses on the peanuts we get paid for the first few years.

• sp2323
                sp2323 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you! That's a big relief.

• Scored 87 with veteran points. Got an email to attend the physical on 3/22/20. Going through with the process but most likely going to decline this job.

Comment

• ZooKeeperOEF
                ZooKeeperOEF commented
                Editing a comment
                k9works yes this is a forum where people keep each other updated of whens the next physical and how far down the list they're currently at.

• Royalty9290
                Royalty9290 commented
                Editing a comment
                Just saw this , I’m already on the job. Have some respect.

• ZooKeeperOEF
                ZooKeeperOEF commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here 6yrs OTJ and 13 yr military service. Have some respect

• Royalty9290
                Royalty9290 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m with Nassau... like I said have a little respect. No need to be bitter. Don’t post anything you don’t want a response too. Check your ego at the door.

• I have a vacation booked for may 13th i am freaking out. Does anyone think that a score of 88.6 list num 8** will get called for acadamy? If so anyone know when acadamy is being put in for?!

Comment

• Nhayes91
                Nhayes91 commented
                Editing a comment
                No one knows at this point. However people hundreds of names lower than you haven't even met their BI yet, and no one knows for sure when the next academy will be OR if your list number will even make it.

• Jinesis
                Jinesis commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks appreciate it!

• Mansour331
                Mansour331 commented
                Editing a comment
                Go on vacation. They are still processing people in the 300’s for the next academy and they might not even be in the next one. You’ve got nothing to worry about.

• I scored an 89.7 (list # 4**) passed the fitness test, did prints/BI packet/and drug test. Havnt heard anything for the next step. Anyone have information on time frame?

also I'm already OTJ with another agency in NYS. I'D love a village. Can someone tell me if they'd reach my grade and how this works?

Thank you.
              Last edited by Patriot91; 02-27-2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Dubs123
                Dubs123 commented
                Editing a comment
                From what I was told village wise it’s at random. Once the county sends you the letter and you sign with them your no longer eligible for the village spots so it’s definitely something to think about.

• Patriot91
                Patriot91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Strange how it works - any idea how long you have to make the decision to sign the county COE?

• Dubs123
                Dubs123 commented
                Editing a comment
                My investigator told me once you packet is approved it’s usually two weeks till they send you a COE letter, the only thing is you don’t know when it will be approved. The investigators just have a timeframe to submit your packet after that it’s just whenever they get to it they get to it sort of thing.

• Royalty9290
                Royalty9290 commented
                Editing a comment
                Villages are small so they don’t take a lot. It’s risky, they can interview you and if you sign their COE and you don’t get picked your on the wait list for that village only and you turn down Nassau which is guarantees .... idk if that helps you

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5508 users online. 322 members and 5186 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X