Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard last week from multiple villages while on interviews that the list was being extended

Comment

Just got an email from the county about verifying my veterans point..dont know if that means the list will be coming out soon
      8132-103.0% with residency-special military list
      7332-list #233
      fdny exam 2000-list number 60x
      scpd-95% list 15x
      mtapd-?
      nycdoc-7323-list #01

Comment

Originally posted by kremecheze View Post
        Just got an email from the county about verifying my veterans point..dont know if that means the list will be coming out soon
        Well, at least it means that they are still aware that we took the test in January.

Comment

I emailed them all they could tell me is the results will be out by the end of the year.

Comment

• david negron
            david negron commented
            Editing a comment
            What is there email? I have a question about my veterans points as well.

When i took the last exam in dec2012 we didn't get our results till november2013. Being that this test was in january dont expect the results till december or end of november going by the last exam time frame

Comment

Its just amazing how a computer test could take 10 months to grade...

Comment

Originally posted by solo1 View Post
              Its just amazing how a computer test could take 10 months to grade...
              My thoughts exactly. What was the purpose of the iPads? Judging by how long it's taking, definitely doesn't seem like it made things easier. Just another waste of money.

Comment

• rb1152013
                rb1152013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably made things easier on their end, but it certainly doesn't speed up their ability to actually get things done lol

I Heard a rumor that the test will be thrown out due to ‘iPad glitches.’ Can anyone confirm or deny?

my friend from the 2012 test had his list expire and then they re-opened it, went for his first background investigation meeting last week.

Comment

Originally posted by NCOwait View Post
                I Heard a rumor that the test will be thrown out due to ‘iPad glitches.’ Can anyone confirm or deny?

my friend from the 2012 test had his list expire and then they re-opened it, went for his first background investigation meeting last week.
                Only the county will be able to confirm or deny. However, that is the rumor spreading throughout the department. The 2012 list does not die until the actual scores come out for the new test. It was not "re-opened".

Comment

• rb1152013
                  rb1152013 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't see how or why they would be contacting people to verify their veterans points if they had the slightest idea they would be throwing the test out due to iPad glitches. It's a rumor, nothing more.

Originally posted by kremecheze View Post
                I was confused on the test regarding the National guard/reserve question. I think it asked if you were a veteran, or national guard/reserve. And being that Im both because Im former active duty a veteran and now currently in the Guard. I put National guard. Cause that's my current status. Anyway, Im curious if Ill still get my veterans points. What was the email address that they hit you up with???

Comment

Originally posted by david negron View Post

I was confused on the test regarding the National guard/reserve question. I think it asked if you were a veteran, or national guard/reserve. And being that Im both because Im former active duty a veteran and now currently in the Guard. I put National guard. Cause that's my current status. Anyway, Im curious if Ill still get my veterans points. What was the email address that they hit you up with???
                  You will still get the points..all that matters is that you served on active duty for purposes other than training at one point
                  8132-103.0% with residency-special military list
                  7332-list #233
                  fdny exam 2000-list number 60x
                  scpd-95% list 15x
                  mtapd-?
                  nycdoc-7323-list #01

Comment

"
                    Today, 08:32 AM
                    I don't see how or why they would be contacting people to verify their veterans points if they had the slightest idea they would be throwing the test out due to iPad glitches. It's a rumor, nothing more"

My department wants to hire residents off the new list, however the county got back to them and told them to wait on it. They stated the reason was due to test being possibly thrown out. They don't stop the process of the exam until the official order is out.

Comment

• rb1152013
                      rb1152013 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Do you see how odd it sounds to say, they are thinking of throwing out the exam but in the meantime they're gonna spend resources to make sure the people who claimed points are claiming them correctly?

Not saying you're wrong. But until an exam is actually thrown out it's nothing more than a rumor. And if the reason for the exam being thrown out was due to faulty/glitched iPads, it should have happened already.

"Do you see how odd it sounds to say, they are thinking of throwing out the exam but in the meantime they're gonna spend resources to make sure the people who claimed points are claiming them correctly?

Not saying you're wrong. But until an exam is actually thrown out it's nothing more than a rumor. And if the reason for the exam being thrown out was due to faulty/glitched iPads, it should have happened already."

No I don't. This is New York. I am literally telling you what we were told at our PBA meeting. Nothing stops until an order is released. This is with any department. You don't think units have previously been shut down mid-day? Or how about the last hiring freeze where people were continually being processed even though they were not hiring? Everything done in New York is extremely slow compared to other states. It took me 3 months in a different state to go from taking the exam to the conditional offer. Like I said previously, it is a rumor.

Comment

• rb1152013
                      rb1152013 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      True. You had me at "This is New York"

According to civil service this is just a rumor and there is nothing wrong with the exam. They informed me this yesterday when I called and also informed me that the results will be published by the end of the year.

Comment

The test is not being thrown out my uncle is SGT and is friends with chief of police and director of internal affairs. This is a false rumor, grades will be posted around December

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11489 users online. 513 members and 10976 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X