Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about possible class size?

Comment

• I ran into a buddy of mine this past weekend who's been a nassau officer for about 3 1/2 years. He told me 105-110 officers for November

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow thats a big class

• NCN_90
        NCN_90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any indication on start date?

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hearing November 8th is swear in but unknown

• NCN_90
        NCN_90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info

• hows everyone holding up that completed both phases?

Comment

• I’m pretty excited. Only thing I’m worried about is the $36,000 starting salary. It’s gonna be hard to get by with that based on Long Islands cost of living.

Comment

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Does anyone know if villages are on the same pay scale as nassau?

• Blackdevil77
          Blackdevil77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah for sure. I have a (relatively) new mortgage as well, so that's going to be excruciatingly difficult.

• solo1
          solo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it 35 in the academy or when you first get on the job?

• NCN_90
          NCN_90 commented
          Editing a comment
          We can only hope that the PBA decides to come to the bargaining table in the near future and works out a contract similar to what Suffolk got.

• I guess we will see , I know Long Island is expensive I hope you guys been saving your pennies !

Comment

• Yeah I don’t see home ownership being an option until year 6 or 7. That’s with national guard pay, VA home loan, and my fiancé’s salary. Still worth it though

Comment

• Originally posted by Max99 View Post
            Yeah I don’t see home ownership being an option until year 6 or 7. That’s with national guard pay, VA home loan, and my fiancé’s salary. Still worth it though
            I already bought a house though, about a year and a half ago. Looks like I’ll have to take the pay cut with a mortgage. I’ll find a way through.

Comment

• Max99
              Max99 commented
              Editing a comment
              You’re with a village though right? From what I saw from their canvassing they had higher starting salaries than the county.

• Blackdevil77
              Blackdevil77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I have village preference. If I do end up with the village, my situation should be a little better, although I have no idea what the pay scale looks like for the village I have residency in.

• Nhayes91
              Nhayes91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Blackdevil77, you can view Nassau's contract and every village contract on Seethroughny website. Click contracts, filter by police and check the box for village or town. Most villages start significantly higher than the county, but every village has it's own pay scale.

• Did anyone hear anything after finishing phase 2? Or no news is good news?

Comment

• solo1
              solo1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cjguard no news is good news

• For all thoose who hopefully are getting the call for november we should meetup before the academy maybe do a run or just a meet and great

Comment

• Quick question about the stuff that has to be submitted. I just read a post in a thread about NYS court officers and somebody in that thread was eliminated because he failed to submit a summons he received when he was younger. Reason this concerns me is because there were a couple of things I absolutely could not get records on to save my life. One was a speeding ticket and the other was an accident report from when I was 18 years old. DMV has no records of it, and the local precinct couldn't find anything on it either. Do I have anything to worry about in that situation?

Comment

• Royalty9290
                Royalty9290 commented
                Editing a comment
                As long as you disclosed it your fine, I had a speeding ticket years ago but no proof to show but I disclosed it so you’re not withholding info

• Originally posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
              Quick question about the stuff that has to be submitted. I just read a post in a thread about NYS court officers and somebody in that thread was eliminated because he failed to submit a summons he received when he was younger. Reason this concerns me is because there were a couple of things I absolutely could not get records on to save my life. One was a speeding ticket and the other was an accident report from when I was 18 years old. DMV has no records of it, and the local precinct couldn't find anything on it either. Do I have anything to worry about in that situation?
              Maybe. Where was the ticket returnable to? Traffic Violations Bureau or a local city/town/village court?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
                Quick question about the stuff that has to be submitted. I just read a post in a thread about NYS court officers and somebody in that thread was eliminated because he failed to submit a summons he received when he was younger. Reason this concerns me is because there were a couple of things I absolutely could not get records on to save my life. One was a speeding ticket and the other was an accident report from when I was 18 years old. DMV has no records of it, and the local precinct couldn't find anything on it either. Do I have anything to worry about in that situation?
                If you received a COE then that means civil service approved your background check. As long as you reported the ticket to your BI previous to that then you’re good. Did you take the POLY yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Max99 View Post

If you received a COE then that means civil service approved your background check. As long as you reported the ticket to your BI previous to that then you’re good. Did you take the POLY yet?
                  Backgrounds sometimes do not get fully completed until after hire date. I've seen people get fired in the academy for stuff that came up in their background.

Comment

• Max99
                    Max99 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Makes sense. That’s why it’s best to disclose everything from the get go

• Originally posted by HighwayBob View Post

Maybe. Where was the ticket returnable to? Traffic Violations Bureau or a local city/town/village court?
                  I believe it was a Nassau County ticket. That's all I remember, it was so long ago I don't remember any details about it besides it was a speeding ticket and the street name.

Originally posted by Max99 View Post

I haven't received a COE, I haven't even started phase 2 yet. I have no problem telling them everything, the only problem I have is finding the records of these things. There's no way for me to get them.

Comment

• solo1
                    solo1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Blackdevil77 you can get the information at nassau pd headquarters i believe
                    Last edited by solo1; 10-23-2019, 01:41 PM.

• Blackdevil77
                    Blackdevil77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    solo1 thanks, I’ll give that a shot. I had only tried the precinct that the officer worked for that issued the summons.

• Originally posted by HighwayBob View Post

Sounds like you mean the city. I was in the same boat when I went through my background. I had two old red light tickets that I did not have dispositions for.

I went to the Traffic Violations Bureau on Rector Street (now it's moved) and I was able to speak to a supervisor and explained my predicament. She explained that there were no records back that far but she did for me all she could do - she wrote up a letter that said that DMV has no records back that far but that she could say that I have no convictions on my record, no suspensions, nothing outstanding or pending. She was kind enough to print it right there and gave it to me. It satisfied my investigator.

Comment

• Tmin
                    Tmin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This happened to me as well with my NYPD app. I was unable to get the info in a ticket I received last year so I left a comment about it on the app. Because of this post I called the justice department today and they gave me all the info on my ticket. So I guess I’ll just bring it with me on my medical and interview?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10068 users online. 369 members and 9699 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X