Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone here take two polys?. I had trouble with one today that I was scheduled for today apparently and they want me to retake it . I’ve literally done nothing wrong

Comment

• When filling out the CSX does that need to be printed and filled out or can you type in responses and sign?

Comment

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jackson2240 either or just on the items you sign id obviously sign by hand but i typed my answers and had no issues

• Going for fingerprint tomorrow. Do I need any documentation or just the letter and the money order? How long is the process for this step? Is it just finger print and drug test?

Comment

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jackson2240 believed they collected the general release form at mine. Its fingerprinting drug test and they take a picture of you all depends when you get called i was there for probably 4 hrs

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        All depends how many ppl you have it with and when they call you up i was there forever bc i was one of the last ppl called up

• So you need to bring those printed forms with you ? It doesn't say to bring that?

Comment

• NCN_90
        NCN_90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Best piece of advice, bring everything that was sent to you that required a signature with you. Can never go wrong.

• Max99
        Max99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Listen to NCN_90. Best practice is to build a binder with all your paperwork and bring it with you. When I went through, more then half the applicants had one or something similar at the fingerprinting.

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jackson2240 the form they give you for the apptment is very vague most ppl brought everything better to be safe than sorry

• Any guesses when people with score in the 1300’s will get called ??

Comment

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tmin unfortunately too early to guess id say you got at least another yr or more im village but am late 6xx and my score wasnt even reached for county

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tmin unsure exactly just keep looking at the site for scores when your score gets close just start training hard for the fitness bc its one shot so gotta be in shape

• I got an email for the nypd January 2020 academy, is it worth doing that while I wait for Nassau to contact me? Is it easy to move from nypd to Nassau? How will pay work if I made the switch? Any thoughts, ideas or info on this would be great! I’ve already been working for the city for almost a year with a pretty good salary so I have a big decision to make soon.

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tmin nassaus obviously a better job by far but if i wanted to be in the city id take the NYPD gig. It might be difficult for you to get over with nypd bc in phase 2 you need to take a bunch if days off for processing

• Nhayes91
        Nhayes91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would take it just incase Nassau doesn't work out or who knows how long it will be before they hire you. You will still start at Nassaus starting salary even with prior LEO.

• cs333
        cs333 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tmin All depends on your view of the NYPD job. The morale of the job is really low but if i were in your situation id probably take the job its a one in the hand vs 2 in the bush scenario nassau is a superior job but you never know with civil service processing

• If anyone had to see the psychiatrist did they let you know right after the oral or were called/emailed later?

Comment

• H702329881
        H702329881 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty sure a dude I was processing with said that it was on the spot they gave him a date for the psychiatrist

• When do you think they’ll call ranking numbers up to 4000? Mine is 38XX

Comment

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry man i dont know if theyll reach that number for this exam if they do its going to be a while

• How long after prints/urine test did BI get assigned and reach out?
      Nassau County PD Exam #2018

List number - 3xx
      Physical Fitness - 8/25/19 (✓)
      Prints/Drug Screening - 9/19/19 (✓)
      BI assigned - ???

NYPD Exam #7323

List number - 8xx
      APD - 10/26/17 (✓)
      Medical - 11/10/17 (✓)
      BI Interview - 12/4/17 (✓)
      Written psych - 12/14/17 (✓)
      JST - 12/19/17 (3:05 ✓)
      Oral psych - 12/18/17 (✓)(cleared review - 4/15/18)
      Mini-Med - 12/15/17 (✓)
      Mini-Med 2 - 3/9/18 (✓)

E-mail - 4/23/18

Comment

• Mansour331
        Mansour331 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m right there with you, my list number is 34x. A buddy of mine who knows people on the inside said they are backed up with background investigations. If you processed back in June waiting for BI, we’d be lucky if we get something in October and just make it for November academy, but it’s a slim chance right now.

• solo1
        solo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mansour331 Not to be a downer but tbh the processing for this upcoming academy is done youd probably be looking at the next academy. Took mine in april and just literally finished the process a few days ago.

• isle_b
        isle_b commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured as much...I'm 34x also.Had to postpone my first physical fitness test because of a death in the family and I guess that pushed me back. Nassau usually does one academy a year or is it solely based on how many cops retire?

• Mansour331
        Mansour331 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I had a that feeling as well. But look on the bright side at this point it’s just a matter of time before we get the call and we will probably be somewhere near the top for village PDs once the academy is in.

• Do we think they will have it around the 2,500 range?? I know it’s going to be sometime but just curious

Comment

• Okay, now I am really confused. I just got an e-mail to report for the physical fitness screening on October 27th at 830am at Nassau Community College. I already did my physical fitness screening with the first wave of people, I did my drug test, pictures, fingerprints, did all the paperwork, spent hours in getting all the information, waiting in line at the social security office etc. Why would I be getting this e-mail again? Could this be in error or do I have to do everything all over again? I e-mailed them and tried calling, couldn't get through so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask here. Happen to anybody else?

Comment

• Max99
        Max99 commented
        Editing a comment
        They might have reached your list number for the county. You were originally called due to your residency preference with a village. I would assume you were automatically emailed by civil service and won’t have to repeat everything

• Blackdevil77
        Blackdevil77 commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Max99 Yup, you're right. I just got a call back, I had left a message. They told me I can disregard and I'm already in the system as completing all of that. They said I was originally contacted for my village preference as you said. Not sure why I didn't finish the rest of the process, but apparently my village is currently looking to hire a few PO's and when they asked Nassau County for people, they said the process wasn't done yet. But I was never contacted for phase 2.

• 89.6xx, just got notified for the physical.

Comment

• I got the email for the physical. List #6xx score 89.2X
        Last edited by Nhayes91; 09-30-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Nassau Civil Service ..... just updated calling everyone with an 89.00 and above

Comment

• Good luck everyone on your fitness tests. If any of you need any advice on it dm me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8161 users online. 370 members and 7791 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X