Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the test was in Dec. 2012 and the list was not established until June 2014

Comment

I called civil service last week after taking my exam and was told it'd probably be a year. I took it with a grain of salt, since she's probably guessing, same as the rest of us. Hopefully it won't be that long, but either way, gotta be patient.

Comment

Does anyone know if you happen to get called but have no college credits would they give you time to get your credits completed?

Comment

One would think since everything was done on an iPad that the results would be a lot faster. Hell you take a city exam and you know your score before you walk out.

Comment

Originally posted by SDC1983 View Post
            One would think since everything was done on an iPad that the results would be a lot faster. Hell you take a city exam and you know your score before you walk out.
            All based upon how many retire/quit or if additional officers are administered.

Usually when a list goes faster compared to other departments, that means the retention rate is bad as common sense would indicate.

Comment

But it took forever for the 2012 list to come out because they extended the 2007 list. Assuming they don’t extend the list then this will come out quick, along with the nice fact that we took the test on iPads

Comment

As annoying as it is, it seems best to just forget that we even took the test for now because counting down the days is gonna be agonizing.

I'm kicking myself in the ***** for not taking this test back in 2012, and for not taking NYPD when I got called. I was a criminal justice major in College, me and two of my friends wanted to be cops. I got a job opportunity that seemed very promising at the time, so I took that and at the time it was great. All 3 of us (my two friends and I) got called for NYPD. They both took it, I turned it down because I just started a full time career elsewhere that was supposed to be very solid. Fast forward to now, they're both loving being NYPD cops, and my job turned to s*** If I had taken the test back in 2012, there's a chance I could of been called later on down the road after my job took it's turn. Now I'm 28 years old and trying to start over. Still young enough to do it, but old enough that it's very annoying and a set back.

I know a lot of younger guys must read these forums. My advice is, take every test you can and don't close any doors. *Venting over*

sorry for the rant

Comment

• Max99
                  Max99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know what you mean man I’m 26 and most starting salaries for Patrol Officer jobs, especially Nassau with there starting salary, is a serious pay cut compared to what I’m making as an Army Officer. I know officers in the NYPD who are miserable. Nassau and Suffolk are definitely some of the best Agencies to work for out there and are worth the transition for both the excitement, schedule, upward mobility, and pay

• moh95abdel
                  moh95abdel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I believe your exam is still valid you can still open ur investigation if it didnt expire and resume the process

Any updates? Any one “hear” anything? Any one out there speak to someone who knows someone who knows someone who might know what they’re talking about? lol

Comment

Any one know when grades are going out?

Comment

I called the other day. They said before the end of the year.... also that the grades will be emailed

Comment

Originally posted by ekmull14 View Post
                      I called the other day. They said before the end of the year.... also that the grades will be emailed
                      Before the end of the year. Gee, thanks civil service, that helps. It’s insane that it takes THAT long, just to get grades. So many other agencies, can test, grade, process and hire in 90 days, and yet a county agency in NY needs 5 years on a single exam. Smh.. Guess we’ll all be talking this time next year, asking when we are going to do physical exam. Good luck every one, stay strong!

Comment

Originally posted by New_guy4LE View Post

Before the end of the year. Gee, thanks civil service, that helps. It’s insane that it takes THAT long, just to get grades. So many other agencies, can test, grade, process and hire in 90 days, and yet a county agency in NY needs 5 years on a single exam. Smh.. Guess we’ll all be talking this time next year, asking when we are going to do physical exam. Good luck every one, stay strong!
                        This thread is more active. We're still trying to decipher to see if the exam may have become "invalid" as someone stated before when they called up the civil service department.

There's a lot of fake news going around concering this exam...

Comment

Comment

NCPDhopeful

Out of curiosity... what does that have to do with this test?

Comment

Originally posted by rb1152013 View Post
                              NCPDhopeful

Out of curiosity... what does that have to do with this test?
                              Means that this list expires so they should be establishing the new one in the near future.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11976 users online. 544 members and 11432 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X