300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ctb3892 View Post
    So if you have village residency and you get contacted to begin process with a lower score , is that speciafically only for that village? Say that the village hired someone else or doesnt need anyone anymore , do you then continue with Nassau county since you already have the process done? Or do you have to wait ?
    Yes, you will specifically be processing only for that village. You would have to get a COE from that village to be locked in. If you didn’t sign one, you will then remain on both the village and county list until one of them contacts you to sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatBambino View Post

Yes, you will specifically be processing only for that village. You would have to get a COE from that village to be locked in. If you didn’t sign one, you will then remain on both the village and county list until one of them contacts you to sign.
      If you sign a COE with a village, are you guaranteed to be hired given you pass all of the steps? Or do they offer multiple people and then pick between them?

Comment

• cam36
        cam36 commented
        Editing a comment
        Negative– nothing is a guarantee. That's why it's called a CONDITIONAL Offer of Employment.

• Nhayes91
        Nhayes91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right, it's conditional. The conditions being that you pass the background, physical and psych portions you get hired. If you get a COE from the county, you get hired as long as you pass all of the steps. They will not pass over you for no reason. You WILL be hired, given the list does not expire. Can the same be said for a village position?

• Anyone take their physical this past weekend? How did it go?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjguard View Post
        Anyone take their physical this past weekend? How did it go?
        Yea it went well, make sure to keep running and practicing the pushups and sit-ups, make sure ur form is good for the sit-ups

Comment

• boconnor
          boconnor commented
          Editing a comment
          What's the form for the situps. Arms crossed or hands behind the head?

• cam36
          cam36 commented
          Editing a comment
          boconnor behind your head. There is a video on YouTube that shows you exactly how you will take the test.

• Went good for me also. I misjudged how quickly a minute goes by with the sit ups, I was concentrating on my form. I had to put it into overdrive for the last 30 seconds to make it.

Comment

• LukeSW
          LukeSW commented
          Editing a comment
          How far off the ground would you say the platform is off the ground for the push-ups? Based on the video, the platform looks less than 6 inches which is more than just getting 90 degrees with the elbows.

Also, does the mechanism just have to lift off the ground or does it have to reach a certain height?

• cam36
          cam36 commented
          Editing a comment
          No disrespect, but if you're that concerned about the pushups, you should probably focus on training a bit more. It's about a 90degree at the elbows– everyone's arms are different lengths, so it varies.

• terapins111
          terapins111 commented
          Editing a comment
          For the pushups you go down until your chest hits the sponge and u you go back up until your arms lock out that counts as one rep

• Blackdevil77
          Blackdevil77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Like Terapins said, you go down until your chest hits the sponge. They hold the end of the stick attached to the sponge to keep it from moving and to be able to feel if you hit it, from what it seemed like. Even if you're in halfway decent shape, 29 push ups should be a breeze.

• How much time does one get in between the three tests?

Comment

• Blackdevil77
          Blackdevil77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Plenty of time to rest and catch your breath. If you’re in shape and exercise, you’ll have no problem.

• Cjguard
          Cjguard commented
          Editing a comment
          They said 4 hours in the email, that time frame sounded pretty excessive lol

• Blackdevil77
          Blackdevil77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was there for about 3. An hour was waiting, processing paper work, watching a video. The actual time spent doing physical activity is probably under 14 minutes, depending on how long it takes you to run.

• What kind of paperwork do you have to have ready for them for the next step?

Comment

• Stupid question anyone know of a indoor track i can practice on. Ive been running 1120s on the treadmill on a 2 percent incline but want to do a track before my test.

Comment

• Originally posted by solo1 View Post
            Stupid question anyone know of a indoor track i can practice on. Ive been running 1120s on the treadmill on a 2 percent incline but want to do a track before my test.
            Just go to a high school track and use that. One lap is a 1/4 mile so bang out 6 laps. If you can do that, you can do it on an indoor track.

Comment

• Originally posted by solo1 View Post
              Stupid question anyone know of a indoor track i can practice on. Ive been running 1120s on the treadmill on a 2 percent incline but want to do a track before my test.
              Dress warm and hit the track. There's no public indoor tracks.

Comment

• Civil service website updated today. Down to 91.770. I’m interested to see the list, seems as if they are moving way quicker than 2012.

Comment

• Anyone hear anything about a new class off the old list or was that just a rumor

Comment

• bcallday
                    bcallday commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They are processing people off old test now for new class.

• To those who took it how many laps is it for the 1.5? Also how many people run it with you at the same time?
                  Last edited by solo1; 03-08-2019, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• rb1152013
                    rb1152013 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Some of you guys ask the most ridiculous questions

• Anybody else on here get their fingerprints, picture and drug test done on the 6th? If so, what is the next step? We just wait for an e-mail for further instruction?

Comment

• terapins111
                    terapins111 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I took it the 6th I think we’re just waiting for an email, they said last day for paperwork is going today so hopefully hear something in the next week or 2

• Scored in the 90's
                  Last edited by JohnConnor26; 06-29-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• TrunkS3
                    TrunkS3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dude, it took them a couple months to get down to that score. The test results just came out. You aren’t missing the cut lol they’ll be going down the mid 80s off this test if they keep it up.

• cam36
                    cam36 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lmao what he said ^ everyone needs to chill. Nobody knows a time frame, nobody knows what they'll call up to. They list isn't even officially out yet and they're down to 91. Just wait and see what happens

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10325 users online. 466 members and 9859 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X