Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does any one know what score they are hiring until? I got an 89.9. Congrats everyone who got called and good luck!

Comment

• Josel1992
      Josel1992 commented
      Editing a comment
      93 and up for now

• Originally posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    I recieved the physical fitness test email as well. I got an 89.4xx
    I received a 89.4xx as well, I did not get an email because I thought they only contacted 93 and up?

Comment

• TrunkS3
      TrunkS3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct. You got some time before they start calling 89 and above.

• Does anyone know the length of the indoor track at NCC in the field house? Is it 15 laps for 1.5 miles?

Comment

• Any other “old” applicants? I’m giving it a go at 35, 2.5 to go before 20 years in the Coast Guard.

Comment

• SBLI
        SBLI commented
        Editing a comment
        35 here - still been working out all these years. Just need to start running again. Got an 85.xxx here, no call or anything yet.

• nypobx3
        nypobx3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Going to be 35 this year. Been NYPD for 5 years.

• Originally posted by nypobx3 View Post
      Does anyone know the length of the indoor track at NCC in the field house? Is it 15 laps for 1.5 miles?
      Don't quote me on it, but most indoor tracks a lap is 200 meters. Meaning 12 laps for 1.5 miles.

Comment

• nypobx3
        nypobx3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea the indoor track at the NYPD Academy in College Point is 12 laps for 1.5 miles.

• I got an 88.125 on old test almost 6 years ago now. I got a call today from investigator. If you already processed for lst test you are still in the game!

Comment

• nypobx3
        nypobx3 commented
        Editing a comment
        If this is true, this could mean they are putting in one more class in May or June. Which would push the first class of the new test to 4th Quarter this year at the least.

• Originally posted by bcallday View Post
      I got an 88.125 on old test almost 6 years ago now. I got a call today from investigator. If you already processed for lst test you are still in the game!
      What did your investigator say? Are they putting in another class from old exam

Comment

• mleoman
        mleoman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes they are they believe in 6 weeks

• bcallday
        bcallday commented
        Editing a comment
        my investigator said they are putting one more class in off the old test but have no idea when the academy would actually start.

• bcallday
        bcallday commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont think they will be able to put a class in that soon(6 week) it takes a month just to get approved my civil service. Then start phase 2.

• Originally posted by Nhayes91 View Post
      Don't quote me on it, but most indoor tracks a lap is 200 meters. Meaning 12 laps for 1.5 miles.
      Lol I wouldn't say that's a guarantee. When I did MTA a few years ago it was at Lehman college and we had to do 21.5 laps on the indoor track

Comment

• rb1152013
        rb1152013 commented
        Editing a comment
        He did say most. Overall the number of laps is irrelevant it’s the total distance you ran that matters. You likely still ran 1.5 miles

• SBLI
        SBLI commented
        Editing a comment
        12, 15 laps for 1.5 miles? What is this held in someone's office? Sounds like a small track to me Lol

• mleoman
        mleoman commented
        Editing a comment
        When I took the physical 3 years ago it was I believe 10ish laps

• I believe they’re looking for applicants for the towns from last test. I could be wrong but that seems to be the trend. Nassau PD is prob taking from new test

Comment

• TrunkS3
        TrunkS3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Incorrect.

• Dawson1632
        Dawson1632 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hence why I said I believe and probably. They are calling people from last test for villages and NC is testing 93 and above as it’s been stated. Feel free to offer your opinion or facts if you know any that would help anyone.

• Hi everyone., I’m from, N.Y.C, and took the exam. Generally, how is the hiring process? Is it quick, do they hire a lot of candidates? etc.

Comment

• JoeyBots9180
        JoeyBots9180 commented
        Editing a comment
        Go to their website and read the fine print under “recruitment”. You will get a better idea.

• I got a 92.3xx and just got my physical scheduled. Does anyone know the order in which the pushups, situps, and run are performed and if there is time in between each task?

Comment

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure about Nassau, but most state agency's and the counties I've taken are sit up push up and then run

• 92.9xx here. Just got my physical scheduled for next month. Anyone know if Nassau accepts a passing score from Suffolk's physical? I literally just passed it and I know Suffolk accepts Nassau's.
      MTAPD
      Physical: 6/4
      Panel: 6/15
      BI: 8/24

SCPD
      Score: 95
      Lotto: 24xx

Comment

• TrunkS3
        TrunkS3 commented
        Editing a comment
        And a month later you’ll have to do it again. I’ve never heard of that.

• cam36
        cam36 commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured as much. Not worried about passing, was just wondering if I could skip it haha

• TrunkS3
        TrunkS3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on getting called though. I would opt out of Nassau and wait for a village if you’re going through Suffolk.

• cam36
        cam36 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, man. I only have a slight chance to make the last academy for Suffolk since I'm at the back of the list, so I'm just going to take whatever I can get haha

• Hey does anyone know how it works if you get called for a village and you are already NYPD? I heard you don’t have to do that academy again but it’s just a month long refresher course on the laws and what not ? Anyone have any info on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ctb3892 View Post
        Hey does anyone know how it works if you get called for a village and you are already NYPD? I heard you don’t have to do that academy again but it’s just a month long refresher course on the laws and what not ? Anyone have any info on that?
        Certain villages you do not, but not all.

Comment

• So if you have village residency and you get contacted to begin process with a lower score , is that speciafically only for that village? Say that the village hired someone else or doesnt need anyone anymore , do you then continue with Nassau county since you already have the process done? Or do you have to wait ?

Comment

• Ctb3892
            Ctb3892 commented
            Editing a comment
            cam36 oh okay gotcha thanks bro

• Ctb3892
            Ctb3892 commented
            Editing a comment
            So you’re kinda takin a big risk if u start going through the process because of village preference? Like let’s say I get the physical email right now with an 85 on the test because I live one of the villages with preference . If I do the physical and all of the other processes could I decline to do the village and then essentially be considered for Nassau right off the bat ?

• terapins111
            terapins111 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you would have to wait until the county gets down to your list number even if u were fully processed because of village residency

• TheGreatBambino
            TheGreatBambino commented
            Editing a comment
            If you are a village resident and got an 85 on the test, you basically scored a 100% for the village. For example, if you scored a 70 and someone who doesn’t live in the village scored a 125, you would get hired before that person. Score takes into effect for the county and/or other villages. If another village wants to contact you, they would have to wait until county reaches that number.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8010 users online. 309 members and 7701 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X