You do realize that passed right.

Comment

April 2018, sorry
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• thebigsnapple
        thebigsnapple commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the heads up on the announcement though.

Can you post a link to the job announcement ? I can't find anything online or on the Federal Reserve hiring page.

Comment

Nevermind I answered my own question haha

Comment

Hey Orlando,
          Since you seem to know a lot about all these positions, would you happen to know the pay scale for NY officers? I'm not applying, but I have an inexplicable curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuerza View Post
            Hey Orlando,
            Since you seem to know a lot about all these positions, would you happen to know the pay scale for NY officers? I'm not applying, but I have an inexplicable curiosity.
            Each district plus the BoG seem to have different pay scales but the entry level salary seems to be 38-45

Comment

Anybody know about how many officers are expected to be hired ?

Comment

Originally posted by Josel1992 View Post
                Anybody know about how many officers are expected to be hired ?
                Did anyone get called in for interviews yet?

Comment

• Dooooky
                  Dooooky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nope not yet, hopefully soon though.

Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

Did anyone get called in for interviews yet?
                The position is still open although it closes tomorrow if I am remembering correctly. I think I they stated the academy would be in April so we can reasonably assume processing may start quickly.
                Academy is only 7 weeks from what I read on the notice. No idea where academy is though, maybe someone could tell us. I don't think they are looking for a lot of people.
                Last edited by thebigsnapple; 11-19-2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Dooooky
                  Dooooky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I always thought that they use the FLETC academy for federal officers in Glynco, VA. Might be wrong though.

• thebigsnapple
                  thebigsnapple commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you talking about Glynco, GA???

• Dooooky
                  Dooooky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah Glynco, GA. Sorry for the typo.
                  Only reason I say FLETC is because when I applied for the position in DC a few years ago, the announcement said FLETC in Glynco, GA. Might of changed though, not too sure.

They sometimes run an academy class with the BoG folks in DC

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                  They sometimes run an academy class with the BoG folks in DC
                  Jeez D.C...so much for taking the subway to academy.

Comment

• Dallasg15
                    Dallasg15 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LMAO.. I know when I did the process for Amtrak Police they gave us a variety of options, you can chose to go to the FLETC or your local reginoal approved Police Academy I know a lot of guys went to NYPD Academy because of distance. But if you have option go to the FLETC its a lot easier to switch on the Fed side if you already went to their Academy. But I believe Federal Reserve might have there own in-house academy in the NYC area, if not share it with another NY agency most likely NYS Courts! (Due to the nature of the job it makes the most sense.)

• thebigsnapple
                    thebigsnapple commented
                    Editing a comment
                    From what I read its only 7 weeks. They might just hold it at the NYPD academy but who knows? IT would make sense to send NYC applicants to NYC based academy.

DallasG15, you're wrong on Amtrak. If you live in NYS and work for Amtrak, you must go to a state academy. Anyone else can go to FLETC but Amtrak has been sending folks through a NYS academy just so that everyone is on the same page.

Comment

• Dallasg15
                    Dallasg15 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    IDK where you got your information... I went to Rockland County Police Academy some guys in my company were from AMTRAK Police. I have a family Friend who is MTA police both him and Recruits from Amtrak went to the NYPD Academy. When I did the process for them since I'm a PO in NYS I do not need to repeat an Academy for them ( Both Hr and personnel OTJ explained this to me.) if any case i might be sent to a Post-Academy which is something entirely different.

Does anybody know where they send NYC applicants for this position?

Comment

They either run an academy at their facility or they send folks to DC for their in house academy.

DallasG15, as someone who has worked for Amtrak, I can tell you that your info is incorrect. Metropolitan division (which is what NY is) is only required to send NYS residents through a NYS academy (NYPD academy fulfills this requirement). The only reason why they've used NYPD and Rockland was to have all at the same level of training. Amtrak can send folks to FLETC if not state Certified. The NY Federal Reserve Bank does not send anyone to FLETC or any sort of training that is FLETC certified.

Comment

• Dallasg15
                      Dallasg15 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for Correcting me, brother. Are you still with Amtrak or you left?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12062 users online. 480 members and 11582 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X