Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nassau County Deputy Sheriff Exam

Hello everybody,

I signed up for the Deputy Sheriff exam a couple of weeks ago and the test is on October 14th. I've been trying to find a study guide everywhere and can't seem to find one for this test. I want to prepare for this exam the best I can, anybody have any advice for me or what I should do to prepare?

It's similar to any other police exam just no memorization.

Comment

When was the registration for the exam? Is it Nassau residents only still?

Comment

• Blackdevil77
        Blackdevil77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Registration ended on August 31st, the test is on October 14th. I believe so.

Originally posted by SHINYBADGE View Post
      It's similar to any other police exam just no memorization.
      Thanks, I had a feeling it was something like that. I keep getting mixed information on what's gonna be on this test.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Arousing
        Nassau deputys do patrol right like police officers?
        Negative

Comment

Took the test, wasn't bad at all. Only one thing concerns me. The proctors had no idea about the rules or about the proper instruction to give. Apparently there were 75 questions on the test. According to the instructions, we were supposed to answer questions 1-45, then skip 46-60, then start again from 61 to 75. None of the proctors told us this so my class room took the whole test. I have 4 friends that also took the test in separate class rooms. 2 of them took the entire test as well, and 2 of them had test takers in the class that noticed the instructions and pointed it out to the proctor. Upon pointing it out, the proctors instructed the class to not answer questions 45-60.

What happens in this situation? Is there anything to worry about? The proctors were the most uniformed I have ever seen for a civil service test, they barely instructed us on what to fill out on the top of the scantrons, they just gave out the booklets and said start.

Comment

Where were the instructions about skipping the 46-60? Were they on the cover sheet of the exam book?

Comment

Originally posted by arista5 View Post
              Where were the instructions about skipping the 46-60? Were they on the cover sheet of the exam book?
              There was a Green packet (2 Pieces of paper/front and back) that was given to every person, and on the 3rd page it listed all the tests given on that date (10/14/17) and under the corresponding County/Test (nassau & Deputy Sheriff) it said the test plan, and on the page before this (Page 2) it showed a chart with the blocks of questions (I.E. 1-15, 1-30, 45-60 etc) and there were X's marked in each section that was required to complete, You were supposed to do 1-45, skip 46-60 and complete 61-75. Pretty standard for a Civil service test.

Comment

Originally posted by arista5 View Post
                In the green test booklet as Pisky mention. Only thing is we weren't given much time to read anything, we came in, filled out the paper work with the booklet number, building, location etc, then the proctor said to put the current time as the start time and start. At that point, everybody started taking the test, nobody in my classroom, including myself thought to take some of that time to read the green booklet carefully so everybody in my class answered the entire test, along with my friends classroom. It seems as if some classrooms answered the whole test, and those classrooms with somebody in it that read the green booklet and brought it to the attention of the proctor, didn't do the whole test.

My question is, if we answered the entire test, do we lose any points or anything, or do those questions just not count, answered or not?

Comment

when do you think they will establish a list?

Comment

Originally posted by KRAE15 View Post
                    when do you think they will establish a list?
                    Not sure, I was wondering the same thing today. Hopefully by summer.

Comment

Just for my grade td

Comment

Anybody else get their grades? I got mine via e-mail today. No list is made up yet

Comment

90 test sc

Comment

• ikebrav
                            ikebrav commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Same here 90

Got mine today. 95. Good luck guys. Probably wont hear from them for a year or so.
                          Last edited by FVET58; 05-13-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10045 users online. 480 members and 9565 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X