300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Special Officer HHC

Does anyone know how long it takes to get called back to process to be a Special Officer? I'm considering doing it to earn my Peace Officer Status. What do you guys think? Thanks everyone!

No one can answer this question. Last I've heard HHC isn't really hiring right now. Should of taken the regular DCAS to. More opportunities

Comment

Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
      No one can answer this question. Last I've heard HHC isn't really hiring right now. Should of taken the regular DCAS to. More opportunities
      I looked on the website and the exam is open for months now. Both for HHC and for something under the DHS jurisdiction. That's what it says under the announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

I looked on the website and the exam is open for months now. Both for HHC and for something under the DHS jurisdiction. That's what it says under the announcement.
        No you read under DCAS jurisdiction.

Comment

Originally posted by The hopeful View Post

No you read under DCAS jurisdiction.
          What does that mean? Also, how long does it take to get called back and go through the process? Thanks

Comment

What does that mean? Also, how long does it take to get called back and go through the process? Thanks
            Dcas jurisdiction is any city agency that employs special . Once again no one can predict when they'll call you. It can be months it can be years

Comment

OK there are two special officer exams. 1st) Under DCAS jurisdictions meaning only mayoral agencies.. eg.DHS POLICE, HRA POLICE, ACS POLICE, DCAS POLICE, JUVENILE JUSTICE POLICE, DISTRICT ATTORNEY SPECIAL OFFICERS.

2nd) HEALTH + HOSPITALS. (NON-MAYORAL AGENCY)

Both have their pros/cons.

I was with H+H Police for over three years. The hiring process was pretty quick. took about a few months. We received the packet from DCAS to start the background investigation portion And If my memory serves me correct that was in march and then April we had both of our psych exams and June sworn in.
              The academy was only 6 weeks and was administered by CUNY Public Safety. Great experience can not say anything bad about CUNY. H+H was a good choice for me because the endless amounts of Overtime. It wasn't easy work. It was tough. Constantly fighting with Psych patients. A lot of Drama in the work force with your fellow colleagues and H+H staff.
              Your paid by H+H so you receive a paycheck from them

City of New York agencies under Mayoral Jurisdictions are under city of new york payroll.

DCAS JURISDICTIONS I can't speak on. But I'm pretty sure its academy's are the same. required to have the 100 mandated hours by DCJS of NYS.

Any questions in regards to H+H Police PM me.

Comment

Health and hospital psychology one on one is similar too nypd psychology

Comment

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This thread has been dead for close to 3 YEARS. What's the point to your comment??

Necroposting and grammar issues.

Please don’t post again.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10371 users online. 319 members and 10052 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X