300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bravo16 View Post
    Cuny needs officers bad. If anybody scored a 70 on this exam you will still be called however keep in mind cuny fail 3/4 of candidates on psych exam alone.
    I scored a 79 and my list number was in the 300's All I can say is be patient and im sure the list will be exhausted.. I heard from a buddy of mine that only 500 people signed up and took the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroby24991 View Post

I scored a 79 and my list number was in the 300's All I can say is be patient and im sure the list will be exhausted.. I heard from a buddy of mine that only 500 people signed up and took the test.
      Think alil more then that, my candidate number on my admission card was 511

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_cas View Post

Think alil more then that, my candidate number on my admission card was 511
        many people sign up for the test and do not take it.. waste their money by doing that. but the reality is even if there was about 550 people taking the exam a lot of people do not take it. look at the civil service list for campus peace officer. look towards the bottom and you will see scores in the upper 80's and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroby24991 View Post

many people sign up for the test and do not take it.. waste their money by doing that. but the reality is even if there was about 550 people taking the exam a lot of people do not take it. look at the civil service list for campus peace officer. look towards the bottom and you will see scores in the upper 80's and etc.
          That's true

Comment

True but cuny not the union will ever give us the contract we deserve.

Comment

A lot of people didn't take this exam i saw for myself. Also cuny don't want A lot of people to know about this job.

Comment

A lot of people didn't take this exam i saw for myself. Also cuny don't want A lot of people to know about this job.
                I felt like the only one in line who wasn't a CSA lol

Comment

60 % of the test takers were csa. I tell everyone get into the csa title first you will have better chances of becoming a peace officer.

Comment

60 % of the test takers were csa. I tell everyone get into the csa title first you will have better chances of becoming a peace officer.
                    Will coming from a public safety background help? I basically do the same job now but without peace officer status and way less pay lol! It's crazy they put us in a carbon copy police uniform, don't properly equip us, won't give us the power to really do anything useful, then tell us run headlong into a crime in progress, or a domestic dispute, your brother officers standing there looking stupid while you get jumped, or even a fire! ( true story tho happened to me and my partner). yeah, try running through a burning hallway knocking on doors and draging people out of bed and down the stairs with no real training and barely above minimum wage without so much as a pat on the back. Now, i dont do this job for praise or to get rich, but there comes a point when a change needs to be made. Hoping going to cuny will be the right one...
                    Last edited by Knightwolf; 05-11-2017, 11:26 AM.
                    I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

• Yes. However it depends on the college that will give you conditional offer of employment.

Comment

• Forgive me for this idiotic question, the passing score is a 70 correct? Anything below a 70 is a failed? I'm just double checking.

Comment

• Originally posted by OBIE24 View Post
                          Forgive me for this idiotic question, the passing score is a 70 correct? Anything below a 70 is a failed? I'm just double checking.
                          Yea 70 is the minimum passing score... There was 100 questions so I'm guessing each question is worth one point, gotta have 70 questions right to pass

Comment

• New York State does not want to pay high.. it has nothing to do with CUNY. CUNY did not have a contract for like 5 years. The union I feel has a huge part to do with it as well. I mean if i was local 237 id say listen these guys are equipped with weapons, status and some of them carry firearms. you either pay them a decent living wage salary or you will keep on having a huge turnover rate. Start off with 50 percent increase salary .. obviously you we wont get the 50 percent but would like to have a nice salary.. I mean compare us to SUNY police ..what really makes them different then CUNY peace officers.

I dont know .. thats just my two cents.

Comment

• Local 237 is one of the worst unions in this city next to dc 37. Cuomo said not to long ago how cuny officials make to much money he's write to a certain degree, however the peace officers and csa get paid like crap and treated badly. Local 237 is a joke also cuny is anti-law enforcement it's been like this sense the inception of cuny public safety.

Comment

• im not disagreeing with you on the union.. I agree that the union could do alot more in terms of protecting its members especially the law enforcement division.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11413 users online. 393 members and 11020 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X