Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guess if u go back for tb read you good? do they tell u if u are clear after the reading?
    Last edited by Concetto08; 06-08-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Stroby24991
      Stroby24991 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well if you had your medical you have to go back to see if there is any skin reaction from the TB test.. But with that you can ask them a week or two later to get the results and then you can know by then that you for sure will start the academy..

• yea I should know everything real soon. drug test will be there already with results.. that's quick..it was FedEx next day air. so well c when I go

Comment

• does anybody know for the medical for the first part, if the only thing said to me was to lose weight and got to go back for tb test reading, I guessing I'm good?
      Last edited by Concetto08; 06-10-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Concetto08 View Post
        does anybody know for the medical for the first part, if the only thing said to me was to lose weight and got to go back for tb test reading, I guessing I'm good?
        The only ones who would know are you and them.

Comment

• Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

The only ones who would know are you and them.
          I wasnt told anything but to lose little weight.

strby or for those who are on the job, after you get your arm read for tb test, do they tell you if your clear for the medical?
          Last edited by Concetto08; 06-10-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Stroby24991
            Stroby24991 commented
            Editing a comment
            no they dont tell you if you are cleared.. it takes a week for the urinalysis to be sent to california and etc.. be patient . you are on the home stretch. cant wait for you to start the academy..

• yeah, I'm good
          Last edited by Concetto08; 06-11-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Concetto08 View Post
            stroby my thing is this, I see on the YouTube videos of certain people being over weight, and they made the academy... my BP was little high 146/89 and my ekg was normal. I got BP machine and when i did it my BP is normal.. there machine must not be reading right maybe, but all the doc said was to lose some weight. And I have to go back for them to read the Tb test, which I know its negative nothing came up. so I hope she clears me.
            I don't think you are trained to take BP. Why would you assume the machine they have is off and the one you have is right on target? I'm assuming a doctor of P.A told you to lose weight right? Why are you fighting them on this. YOU want to go to academy...not them. Anyways....we are pretty much there man...just keep working at it.

Comment

• Did they retake your BP? When I processed for other agency my first reading was high because of being nervous so they retake it and it was fine

Comment

• Don't worry about the comment about your weight, there is no weight requirement and as long as you pass the physical and medical

Comment

• Originally posted by SO911 View Post
                  Don't worry about the comment about your weight, there is no weight requirement and as long as you pass the physical and medical
                  yeah I'm good, just waiting on the academy start date
                  Last edited by Concetto08; 06-11-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Well my In-Service dates are for next week so ill see you all new recruits in the academy.. Hope you all make it and can not wait for your graduation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stroby24991 View Post
                      Well my In-Service dates are for next week so ill see you all new recruits in the academy.. Hope you all make it and can not wait for your graduation.
                      in service dates? the academy is next Friday?

Comment

• Stroby24991
                        Stroby24991 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        wait you got the date of the academy already.. that means you made it no? and we have in-service once a year for two days where we go for re certification in asp baton and O.C spray.. they inspect your body armor and go over stuff that is mandated by the state and city and federal government.. active shooter training as well.. plus it gives you a chance to catch up with your fellow academy recruits..

• I don't think we have a start date yet. Everyone is doing there medical this week. The earliest can be next Friday the academy can start. Is it true the academy only starts on a Friday. And what's the hours of the academy?

Comment

• Stroby24991
                        Stroby24991 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Academy starts on Friday because its a day to just get the misc paperwork out of the way.. You get fitted for your Bullet Resistant Vests , Academy Uniforms and stuff. The academy starts 7-3 with a two days working the 3-11 tour for the DWI Course and then A full weekend tour also 7-3 for the Emergency Vehicle Operation Course.

• Almost there ladies and gents. Just a matter of days now.

Comment

• On that note I better take a quick staycation considering I haven't had one since 2015.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8474 users online. 215 members and 8259 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X