Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as the Hiring process is concerned it goes like this.. I took the last exam back in 2014 and waited few months to have the list established. I didnt score as high as I wanted to so my initial call for the hiring pool was not unitl a little over a year from taking the exam. so may 2014 exam 2046 I took and Cuny stated they tried to contact me in October of 2015. I moved and never got that letter. So fast forward to present time. February I called CUNY and asked for information in regards to being hired. long story short I was invited to the last hiring pool in March..

So I was giving the conditional offer of employment from CUNY, four days later I had my agility test. afterwards the agility test you are giving the package to prepare for the BACKGROUND investigation portion.. Good thing about CUNY is you can not proceed forward without passing the previous part.. Had the psych written exam last week and now next week we have the psych interview. after that is the medical and academy is probably the last week of may or the first week of june.

Comment

• Knightwolf
      Knightwolf commented
      Editing a comment
      What was the physical test like? I'm hoping to get in better shape by the time it comes around what should I expect?

As far as the training goes its 16 weeks in the CUNY public safety academy which is in Jamaica queens by York college.. I do not think officers in the academy are getting fire arms training . they do get firearm safety training but not the qualifications like NYPD or NYC DOC in use on duty firearms or off duty.. I did see some officers and supervisors carring. Not that I am a firearm guy. i just dont understand how the colleges dont have armed throughout the whole public safety department. .how some Officers carry and some dont makes no sense to me. It should be they all carry across the board but thats just my honest opinion.

Comment

• Bravo16
      Bravo16 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's up the college president.

• Bravo16
      Bravo16 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's up to the college president if they want the peace officers to be armed.

Good stuff Stroby,
    Im just gonna add a little input, for those taking the test your gonna want to score a high score around 90-100 the starting process is six months after you take the exam with that score range! 80-89 is going to be a one year period until they call you or space becomes available. 70 -79 two years to three year wait period. But you may be called faster based upon availability and retirement.
    Stroby since your gonna be in this upcoming academy class you will get firearms training, as well as the classes that come after you. CUNY is shifting to become more law enforcement oriented. One of the main reasons is do too all these school shooting, active shooter that's happening across the country. The CUNY union from what I was told is trying break off so they can have similar benefits or at least close too NYC sheriff's & NYC DOC

As I mentioned before only Supervisors and officers that are assigned to high crime areas carry within CUNY. But a memo came out stating that theres gonna be a change within the upcoming year.

Sources: uncle (CUNY SGT), family friend ( just graduated)

Comment

• Bravo16
      Bravo16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not true cuny is forever going to be union local 237.

Originally posted by Dallasg15 View Post
    Good stuff Stroby,
    Im just gonna add a little input, for those taking the test your gonna want to score a high score around 90-100 the starting process is six months after you take the exam with that score range! 80-89 is going to be a one year period until they call you or space becomes available. 70 -79 two years to three year wait period. But you may be called faster based upon availability and retirement.
    Stroby since your gonna be in this upcoming academy class you will get firearms training, as well as the classes that come after you. CUNY is shifting to become more law enforcement oriented. One of the main reasons is do too all these school shooting, active shooter that's happening across the country. The CUNY union from what I was told is trying break off so they can have similar benefits or at least close too NYC sheriff's & NYC DOC

As I mentioned before only Supervisors and officers that are assigned to high crime areas carry within CUNY. But a memo came out stating that theres gonna be a change within the upcoming year.

Sources: uncle (CUNY SGT), family friend ( just graduated)
    ok cool man ..thanks for the heads up Dallasg15. Where is your family assigned too.. what college

Comment

• Dallasg15
      Dallasg15 commented
      Editing a comment
      My family friend is assigned to City college, and my Uncle is assigned to a school in the Bronx I'm not gonna post his exact school on here for safety reasons. But you can DM me for his info.

anyone know what time the schedule for the shuttle bus in Main st. flushing? depart?

Comment

• Bravo16
      Bravo16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Every 20 minutes

It's on main street and Sanford ave the bus stop.

Comment

Thanks you guys!see ya there

Comment

Good luck for all that are taking the CUNY exam. As a candidate going through the process I will keep you guys updated on the steps I have been taking and will be taking.. Score as high as you can.. answer all the questions and go through the exam again. if any blank questions are left please guess on them. You never know.

Comment

Ugh the wait on this exam is killing my lower back ! Lol how many of you guys are here already?

Comment

Memory part was a headache other than that not a hard test. I'm sure I got a high 80 would have liked a 90 or above. Afterwards a detective told me to focus on running to prepare for the physical and it would be a few months till then at least there is time to prepare.
            I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

I heard this exam was pretty difficult. A lot of people taking this exam looked disappointed. Glad to help everybody today.

Comment

Did not see this exam coming. That memory part was pure trickery. There were a few questions in the exam that threw me off as well. I totally think I did not do as well as I would have liked to do...Time to wait...I'm sure it was discussed in the past but what is the wait like till lists come out.?

Comment

• Bravo16
                  Bravo16 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  About 3-5 months.

The exam was pretty intense. I hope I pass. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

I have a question, were we suppose to fax our HS diploma? If so, then I forgot. Though, I do have my associate's degree and soon to be my bachelor's degree.

Comment

Thats what it said on the examination notice

Originally posted by OBIE24 View Post
                    I have a question, were we suppose to fax our HS diploma? If so, then I forgot. Though, I do have my associate's degree and soon to be my bachelor's degree.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8277 users online. 300 members and 7977 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X