X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mines it's at queens college @ 10am

Comment

Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post

Should be in your mail today I just got mine.
      Thanks for the update ! Hopefully I get mines today

Comment

Originally posted by Federalemp View Post
        Good luck on the exam

Comment

Same here where is that?
          I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

Just received mines in the mail, same thing 10 am at queens college. Good luck to everyone taking the exam

Comment

It's located in queens @ 65-30 Kissena Blvd, Flushing, NY 11367

on may 6th.

Comment

It's located in queens @ 65-30 Kissena Blvd, Flushing, NY 11367

on may 6th.
                Thanks. Anyone know the tours? I'm sure there are evening and night classes but where would a rookie end up his first day, mid week rdo' s and second shift or what?
                I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

Thanks. Anyone know the tours? I'm sure there are evening and night classes but where would a rookie end up his first day, mid week rdo' s and second shift or what?
                  I don't think anyone could answer that for you, depends what school you get hired by. The college I used to work in whenever they hired new p.o's they would have em do a week of each tour so they know what to expect if they ever have to do that tour, also depends if the school you get picked up by is short staff cause that means you could get hit with mandatory o.t. usually when you're new your days off are weekdays and you're working weekends. But then again you never what shifts you could get, might get lucky.

Comment

Any idea about off duty status? Some places say you aren't a peace officer once you clock out. Not looking to play cop on the streets just curious. And how tough is the physical test? Starting the gym now to try and drop a few pounds before the test comes.

Comment

Any idea about off duty status? Some places say you aren't a peace officer once you clock out. Not looking to play cop on the streets just curious. And how tough is the physical test? Starting the gym now to try and drop a few pounds before the test comes.
                      You'll be a 24/7 NYS peace officer by the CPL. The agency will have it's own determination on how your on and off duty is conducted just as anyone else. No firearm without the proper permit though

Comment

Thanks. I'm still waiting for the 6335 special officer to call so I figure if cuny takes me first, I can always change over if the right agency calls with the right schedule. Like if HRA or DA Police calls. Plus it only helps to have prace officer status before hand.

Comment

If im already a law enforcement officer with a personal off duty firearm will I be able to keep it?

Comment

Originally posted by nycapd View Post
                            If im already a law enforcement officer with a personal off duty firearm will I be able to keep it?
                            Im not a cuny peace officer. I've heard in NYPD you have to turn in everything during the academy. IDK how that might work with cuny. I know some universities carry on duty but since you require a permit from 1PP because of the CPL from my understanding idk exactly how that works. I've only seen sergeants carrying even though I've also heard you're trained with firearms during the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by nycapd View Post
                              No. Get an unrestricted carry permit so you can at least carry off duty. Unless you go right into the SAFE Team or are on an armed campus, you won't be carrying at CUNY

Comment

Good luck to all those taking this CUNY CPO exam this upcoming saturday!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9889 users online. 365 members and 9524 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X