300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stroby24991 View Post
    I Started the process a couple of weeks back with the hiring pool. Then the same week we had our agility test. Now its the background portion of it with this month the both psych exams and then next month the academy. I really wanted this position few years back but new proceeded with it. I can't wait to get the ball rolling.
    Hey whats up Pete_cas , Ok well I took the exam back in 2014 and was deseperate for this job. I believe it was april 2014 exam was taking . list was established and got called originally in September 2015 as they stated. I always wanted CUNY. but at the time with buying a house and moving i needed to keep my current job with HHC for the Overtime, So fast forward about two years later I called CUNY in the beginning of March of 2017 and asked them to be restored. To be honest I was never called for the job and was curious on to why I never received a hiring pool date. Any way with proving to CUNY i changed my address they said they mailed me out a hiring pool date in november of 2015 which to no avail i told them i never received it because I moved in October and changed my address in september. So to answer your question I contacted CUNY civil service commission in march and had my hiring pool date and was offered the conditional letter of appointment at the end of march.. yes the process so far seems quick.. Academy is slated to start May 26 But might be pushed ahead to the 19th. Sorry I hope this helps in any way..

As far as special officer is concerned the process for HHC special officer was quick as well .. received the packet in april and was hired in june but DCAS Special officer is a different beast..

Comment

• OBIE24
      OBIE24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good evening, is the Cuny Campus Peace Officer exam common sense? Can I use the Police Officer Exam to study? Thank You.

• Pete_cas
      Pete_cas commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea it definitely helps thanks for the reply, basically they called you back a year and some change later, you just didn't receive the letter. I'm really hoping for cuny as well hopefully I score high on this upcoming exam. Speaking of hhc I called up the number to check my list number and the girl told me they are taking ppl off my exam as provisional since they didn't establish the list yet. I took the hhc exam the same day as the regular special officer exam that was back in September or October of 2015 so hopefully I get a call from them soon I would gladly take hhc. Congrats on owning a house especially if its in NYC That's a accomplishment with the way prices keep going up.

Thank you Pete_cas . All my accomplishments are a credit to my wife. She's the backbone of our 16 year relationship. HHC police is a great start. I would use it as a stepping stone into law enforcement with a career with NYPD or NYDC or even other law enforcement titles such as CUNY or TLC inspector. I always wanted CUNY. I know alot of officers that work for CUNY Public Safety and say nothing but positive things about it. The money is there you just have to work hard and get promoted. Hopefully all goes well and I start in May.. Have my fingers crossed.

Comment

Thank you Pete_cas . All my accomplishments are a credit to my wife. She's the backbone of our 16 year relationship. HHC police is a great start. I would use it as a stepping stone into law enforcement with a career with NYPD or NYDC or even other law enforcement titles such as CUNY or TLC inspector. I always wanted CUNY. I know alot of officers that work for CUNY Public Safety and say nothing but positive things about it. The money is there you just have to work hard and get promoted. Hopefully all goes well and I start in May.. Have my fingers crossed.
      That's a wonderful thing bro god bless. Yea every cuny officer I know loves the job I'd rather go with them over dcas agencies. when I took special officer exam I got a 86 really looking to score in the 90's for the cuny exam. I heard the special officer exam is similar is that true ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pete_cas View Post

That's a wonderful thing bro god bless. Yea every cuny officer I know loves the job I'd rather go with them over dcas agencies. when I took special officer exam I got a 86 really looking to score in the 90's for the cuny exam. I heard the special officer exam is similar is that true ?
        It is similar in a way but I think the CUNY exam is more difficult..

Comment

It is similar in a way but I think the CUNY exam is more difficult..
          Damn that sucks. But thanks for letting me know hopefully I still score high

Comment

Anybody on here taking the upcoming exam receive their card in the mail yet that tells you the time and room number to take the test ?

Comment

Anybody on here taking the upcoming exam receive their card in the mail yet that tells you the time and room number to take the test ?
              I didnt get one yet...?
              NYC Deputy Sheriff Exam
              Score: 93.XX (2/8/2017)

Suffolk County Park Ranger 2016
              Score: 90

NYPD Exam #7323
              Score: 92.XX

Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff Exam 2016
              Score: 100

Suffolk County Court Officer Exam 2017

Comment

Originally posted by LB_4 View Post

I didnt get one yet...?
                I read were supposed to get it 3 weeks before the exam date. Hopefully we receive it soon

Comment

I filed to take this exam last month and also did not receive the notification card in the mail yet. I checked my email as well and I never got an email from them. All I have is the printed receipt. Is that the same for everyone else? Also does anyone know how long the hiring process from exam to entrance into the academy is?

Comment

Originally posted by russ_52 View Post
                    I filed to take this exam last month and also did not receive the notification card in the mail yet. I checked my email as well and I never got an email from them. All I have is the printed receipt. Is that the same for everyone else? Also does anyone know how long the hiring process from exam to entrance into the academy is?
                    We're in the same boat. I didn't receive the admission card in the mail nor did I get a email from cuny. All I did was print out the receipt for the exam fee but I know two other ppl taking the exam who didn't receive theirs either so hopefully we get something by tomorrow or Saturday.

Comment

Wait when is it supposed to be?
                      I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post
                        I have down May 6th
                        NYC Deputy Sheriff Exam
                        Score: 93.XX (2/8/2017)

Suffolk County Park Ranger 2016

NYPD Exam #7323
                        Score: 92.XX

Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff Exam 2016
                        Score: 100

Suffolk County Court Officer Exam 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post
                          The exam is may 6th but we're suppose to receive a admission card in the mail three weeks prior to the exam telling us what time and what room number to take it

Comment

Got mine today everybody should have them today or tomorrow
                            I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

The exam is may 6th but we're suppose to receive a admission card in the mail three weeks prior to the exam telling us what time and what room number to take it
                              Should be in your mail today I just got mine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9574 users online. 366 members and 9208 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X