Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are we supposed to receive the score by mail or email?

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post

Bro if you took the test for a job that doesnt necessarily give firearms worry about getting the job first before worrying about getting a firearm
      Not worried simply curious. Figured since we had someone going through the academy I would ask. Having a gun ain't a DEAL breaker for me I'm taking the job regardless
      I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

• The scores would be mailed out but CUNY makes the scores public and just go to exam and look for your name to see what you got

Comment

• NYC01
          NYC01 commented
          Editing a comment
          do you have a website on that to check out the score for the exam?

• Can anyone remember if there was a question on the application regarding ever being arrested or have you ever been convicted?

Comment

• it's on the cuny website by exams section

Comment

• it's on CUNY website.. On the website when the list gets established it will be on classified civil service and then o. last choice you will see Established list and then look for the exam number 2053.

Comment

• NYC01
              NYC01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Concetto08!

• it's on CUNY website.. On the website when the list gets established it will be on classified civil service and then o. last choice you will see Established list and then look for the exam number 2053.

Comment

• Originally posted by David0608 View Post
              Can anyone remember if there was a question on the application regarding ever being arrested or have you ever been convicted?
              Do you want me to spoil it for you and say every law enforcement position you apply for is going to ask said question or let you find out the hard way?

Comment

• David0608
                David0608 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe you should try reading THOROUGHLY before typing. I never asked you if they were going to ask those questions. I was asking which question was it that was asked on the application. Don't spoil your intelligence by not reading thoroughly.

• Originally posted by David0608 View Post
              Can anyone remember if there was a question on the application regarding ever being arrested or have you ever been convicted?
              Every law enforcement job will ask you this. He'll most jobs ask you this. Usually they just want to know about any convictions but some will ask about arrest. If you just have arrest on your record it's usually ok because you may have been arrested for any number of reasons (wrong place wrong time, fit a description, ect). Rest assured, they WILL find out so disclose everything. Hiding something WILL DQ you.
              I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

• Only a limited number of occupations are allowed to ask about an arrest record. The vast majority of employers can only ask about convictions for crimes.

Comment

• I'm asking because I do have an arrest record where the case was later thrown out. I'm just not sure if it was asked on the initial application or not. I want to email cuny and let them know. I was given an email address that directly connects me to the application processors. I'm not trying to get around it guys. I know every law enforcement agency asks about conviction but I just couldn't remember whether it was asked on the application or not. It's obvious that none of you remember, which is fine, I'll just email cuny about it.

Comment

• Can't see your arrest record not coming up. Be ready to give a fully detailed explanation of the circumstances surrounding the arrest and the dismissal. Your BI will have the details.

Comment

• David0608
                      David0608 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Okay thanks. I was asking because I did not want to lie about it and I didn't remember if there was a question about it on the application or not. I'm thankful for your help.

• Strboy how is the academy going?

Comment

• Academy is going good man.. the graduation date is scheduled for September 1st. tomorrow we will receive our academy uniforms. tomorrow we have our first exam which is on Article 35 physical force and deadly physical force.. next week is the penal exam. also tomorrow is our first day of PT.

Comment

• glad is going well for you.. do they do a review on the material before the exam?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6373 users online. 345 members and 6028 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X