Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well my fellow candidates and future recruits. I received the email last night to be appointed on June 2nd 2017 to start my Journey as a CUNY Campus Peace Officer. The process was met with nothing but professionalism from the start at the Hiring pool to the very end. I will periodically post on this forum any information pertaining to the upcoming hiring pool and or topics from academy. Remember the hardest part of this process is the agility test so please start to run and build up that cardio. Again Goodluck to all going forward with CUNY.

Comment

• Best of luck Stroby..

Hopefully one day I will experience the same as you are about experience. I hope I did well on the exam so I can come aboard faster. Please inform us any information that may be useful. thanks

Comment

• I appreciate it Concetto08. Stay positive and I hope you all score really well to be called ASAP.

I will post the first day of appointment and let you know how it went. I can not wait, Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Those who waiting for exam results; who ever finds out first to know please let us know when they can be viewed online .. 6 to 8 wks from May 6th

thanks

Comment

• I was there for the exam. I was just waiting to be approved on this forum so I could post. So many people did not finish that exam. I didn't see this type of exam coming, it was pretty thorough. There were over 530 people there and half were still taking the exam at 2. I walked by, looking at answer sheets and a lot of them were still on the 50's. I attend York College and the recruiter there told me that their so understaffed with CSA's and peace officers that they use an outside security company (summit) to help with day to day post. He also said the running is the most important part, my is that it's the agility test. There's supposedly a short timed sprint and a 2 mile timed run. To the poster that didn't fax his HS diploma, I faxed my degree and they told me it was acceptable. They also gave me an email to contact cuny directly about the exam and application. If anyone wants it, I can give it to them. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here so just pm me.

Comment

• David0608 thats great to hear for those that took the test and yes I agree the test was pretty thorough. The public safety department is extremely low staffed due to the fact that the salary is so low and that officers on the job need money.. I just cant figure out how the Governor can allow an extreme viable public safety department be paid so low.

The agility test is as follows.. starts with the 300 yard run. Not a two mile timed run.. please keep in shape by doing cardio. that run isnt easy even tho its a 300 yard sprint. I mean on paper 300 yards is pretty much nothing but it is running 3 football fields... We had 75 in the agility test and all but three passed. Then the psych exam dropped us down to 50 and we will see first hand how many recruits are in the start of tomorrows academy class.

I say this, Keep being positive and be honest during the hiring pool take what ever college is willing to pick you up and pass that agility test.. be truthful and honest during the background investigation and the rest will be down hill.. pass both portions of the psych exams and the medical and boom your in the academy.. Hope this helps in anyway..

Any questions PM me.

Comment

• how was the first day, how was it like?

Comment

• First day was great.. From 70 candidates to now 43 recruits in the academy.

Its a Paramilitary structure. We were there at 8 met with Assistant Chief of Public Safety who praised us for being there and to enjoy the academy.We were fitted for our Academy Uniform, Photo was taken for or Identification Cards , Giving some paperwork to fillout then fitted for our Bullet resistant vest.
                  Had meal , met with the Union and introduced us to the instructors. Class was yelled at a few times for not closing the bathroom doors. I have to say it is a nice facility. 3 and half months until graduation. Our first exam is next friday.

Comment

• yeah sounds like what I expected to be... it's gonna go by fast... The academy is in York college in queens?

Did you get a shield number yet?

Comment

• The Academy use to be in York College now they opened up their own facility by York College which is by Union Hall street. No we did not receive our Shield Numbers yet. I am pretty sure that isnt going to happen any time soon. Monday we will receive our books to start the learning process. All the guys selected for the College I was assigned to are pretty solid. The class for the most part seem very professional and are adults.. No one wants to do extra bull crap.. The instructors are awesome.

Comment

• yeah .. well just keep us posted of how its like and and all and about any future hiring pools .. good luck

Comment

• Thank you Concetto08, hope to see you soon.. As far as the next hiring pool or anything related to the next class I will definitely keep you posted.. Take care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stroby24991 View Post
                            Thank you Concetto08, hope to see you soon.. As far as the next hiring pool or anything related to the next class I will definitely keep you posted.. Take care.
                            Let us know about any pt we should be preparing for as well as any subjects we can study now to get a leg up. No test answers or anything just general info. Also if you can confirm or deny rumors going around about firearms training. I'm skeptical it's happening myself but I could be wrong.
                            I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

• Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post

Let us know about any pt we should be preparing for as well as any subjects we can study now to get a leg up. No test answers or anything just general info. Also if you can confirm or deny rumors going around about firearms training. I'm skeptical it's happening myself but I could be wrong.
                              Bro if you took the test for a job that doesnt necessarily give firearms worry about getting the job first before worrying about getting a firearm

Comment

• if someone here receive your scores, please let us know

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5576 users online. 218 members and 5358 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X