300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuny peace officer exam 2017

So the exam for CUNY Peace Officer is coming up this May. Filing is until the 30th of this month so get on board free college at your chosen work college plus get valuable peace officer experience that can translate over to other Law enforcement careers like NYC Corrections. Quick question for those who might know, how long before you can apply to the S.A.F.E. team? What are typical rookie schedules and rdo' s. And which colleges have armed officers? I know most aren't but which ones are? And of you currently work as a Public Safety Officer, does it look good on resume? Any info would be helpful, as no one else has posted anything for this year and would appreciate some updated info.
    I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

After finish probation which is one yr then you can apply for safe team. Colleges that carry are all the bronx. City college. Kingsborough. Cuny job is a good stepping stone. Rookies usually get rdo on weekdays until your seniority move up then you will get weekend off

Comment

Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post
      So the exam for CUNY Peace Officer is coming up this May. Filing is until the 30th of this month so get on board free college at your chosen work college plus get valuable peace officer experience that can translate over to other Law enforcement careers like NYC Corrections. Quick question for those who might know, how long before you can apply to the S.A.F.E. team? What are typical rookie schedules and rdo' s. And which colleges have armed officers? I know most aren't but which ones are? And of you currently work as a Public Safety Officer, does it look good on resume? Any info would be helpful, as no one else has posted anything for this year and would appreciate some updated info.
      can you post th elink so i can sign up for the exam in ?May thanks bro
      NYPD Exam #7323

List number: 1,0xx - 10/3/17
      CAS-5: 10/5/17 - Done ✅
      Medical: 10/19/17 - Done ✅
      BI: 11/14/17 - Done ✅
      Written Psych: 11/18/17 - Done ✅
      JST: 11/20/17 - Done ✅
      Oral Psych: 12/4/17 CLEARED! ✅
      Mini-Med: 12/12/17 Done ✅
      Hired Email: 1/8/18 GOT THE EMAIL!!

Phil 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.

Comment

https://portal.cuny.edu/cms/id/cuny/...E/examsTOC.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Almonte19 View Post

can you post th elink so i can sign up for the exam in ?May thanks bro
          https://portal.cuny.edu/cms/id/cuny/...E/examsTOC.htm
          I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

Originally posted by LAWSON09 View Post
            After finish probation which is one yr then you can apply for safe team. Colleges that carry are all the bronx. City college. Kingsborough. Cuny job is a good stepping stone. Rookies usually get rdo on weekdays until your seniority move up then you will get weekend off
            Cool makes sense. Kingsborough is my first choice with queensborough my second cause it's right by me.

Comment

This is a FYI for everybody if you get selected for a college, and want to transfer college you have to be on the job for two years.

Comment

Anybody know which colleges need the most officers?

Comment

City college and queens college.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo16 View Post
                    City college and queens college.
                    Nice. Which areas are they in?

Comment

City college is located in Spanish Harlem, queens college is in flushing queens.

Comment

All Cuny schools,need people badly most likely if you score high enough on the exam city college and the 2 years schools will get to you first.

Comment

Queens college needs people but never hire anybody.

Comment

Good morning to all. How steady are their shifts? I wouldn't mind working on the weekends, I just hate graveyard shift, but I wouldn't mind doing it.

Comment

I Started the process a couple of weeks back with the hiring pool. Then the same week we had our agility test. Now its the background portion of it with this month the both psych exams and then next month the academy. I really wanted this position few years back but new proceeded with it. I can't wait to get the ball rolling.

Comment

• Pete_cas
                                Pete_cas commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hey what's up stroby24991? I remember seeing you on the special officer posts. After taking the exam how long did it take before you got contacted ? I heard cuny moves alot quicker than dcas with special officer

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4058 users online. 194 members and 3864 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X