Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brittmarie25
    commented on 's reply
    Heyyyy i took The test October 4th , I’m from the paper that printed out it said 64 out of 85 ; is that still a passing grade ?

• team1991
    replied
    Selling all academy equipment. Only missing baton. Was $810. Selling for $500. Also have uniforms. The belt is a size 38, comes with all equipment. Gym shorts are a large. Also can throw in uniform if you can fit it. (No extra price) pants are a size 12 and shirts a size 32. Comes with insignias

Leave a comment:

• S.R2495
    commented on 's reply
    It all depends how high you are on your list number, how fast is your investigator, how many people are being hired for a class. It all depends. And while in the academy the salary is $42,500. You will make this after graduating, which is ****.

• HighwayBob
    replied
    Originally posted by nj1993 View Post
    Those that went through the process, how long is it from the day you receive your CAS 5 to the day of hire (before entering the academy)? ..... and how much do you get paid while in the academy?
    https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/caree...-benefits.page

Leave a comment:

• nj1993
    replied
    Those that went through the process, how long is it from the day you receive your CAS 5 to the day of hire (before entering the academy)? ..... and how much do you get paid while in the academy?

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    replied
    Originally posted by MadameAshley View Post
    How long the academy usually is per day?
    The same as a regular work day. 8 hours and change.

Leave a comment:

• MadameAshley
    replied
    How long the academy usually is per day?

Leave a comment:

• HighwayBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Wa1rior View Post
    People can't understand it a police academy.
    Well, NYPD has been hiring a number of immature kids for many years.

Leave a comment:

• Wa1rior
    replied
    Originally posted by DDR1050 View Post

Yes during the EKG you and around 12 other guys go into a room, get behind a curtain and take your shirts off/roll up your pants. That's the only part you remove clothing. As long as your blood pressure isn't over 139/89, you'll be fine. There are some bigger guys in this academy, as long as you pass all their tests you're fine.
    my Blood pressure was around 160/110 a bit high. The main doctor had to clear me. I was fine just nervous. They made us do 5 push up outside because some of the guys were playing around -_-. People can't understand it a police academy.

Leave a comment:

• Duke89
    commented on 's reply
    Duly noted! Haha thanks

• DDR1050
    commented on 's reply
    Sure! Not anymore, You do all that part lined up clothed in front of the police surgeon. A guy in the group actually ripped his pants doing it, so make sure you have some room in yours.

• Duke89
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for reaching out! I know about the EKG, I found something about going into a room for a bend over touch your toes and some other things with just boxers on so I was wondering if that’s a real thing

• DDR1050
    replied
    Originally posted by Duke89 View Post
    Hey all! Quick question, during the initial medical did you guys get thrown into a room in groups stripped down to underwear for an exam by the doc? Had to do some balance checking and stuff? I’ve seen it on older forums not sure what is done now. As a chubby guy people might get a kick out of it, a little nerve racking to have to think about doing lol. Got mine in a few weeks jw. Thanks! Best of luck to all of you
    Yes during the EKG you and around 12 other guys go into a room, get behind a curtain and take your shirts off/roll up your pants. That's the only part you remove clothing. As long as your blood pressure isn't over 139/89, you'll be fine. There are some bigger guys in this academy, as long as you pass all their tests you're fine.

Leave a comment:

• Duke89
    replied
    Hey all! Quick question, during the initial medical did you guys get thrown into a room in groups stripped down to underwear for an exam by the doc? Had to do some balance checking and stuff? I’ve seen it on older forums not sure what is done now. As a chubby guy people might get a kick out of it, a little nerve racking to have to think about doing lol. Got mine in a few weeks jw. Thanks! Best of luck to all of you

Leave a comment:

• S.R2495
    commented on 's reply
    I’ll explain it again, I am currently in the academy and will be graduating Thursday. If by some reason you can’t complete the academy bc you couldn’t pass the mile, JST, range or academics. You will be forced to resign by recruit operations. They will then tell you or anyone that you can come back again in 12 months. But you will have to call your investigator and do the whole academy all over again. You can do the academy up to three total times.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8046 users online. 266 members and 7780 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X