Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nyc96
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2017

Your good to go. No need to take the next exam. Also I would assume your process will be quicker then mine was.

Occupy your time by taking other tests. PAPD, Nassau, etc. when they come out

Comment

• Ishraq87
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by nyc96
      Your good to go. No need to take the next exam. Also I would assume your process will be quicker then mine was.

Occupy your time by taking other tests. PAPD, Nassau, etc. when they come out

possibly ( i have done the APD5A but for a civilian position for the nypd... i later Respectfully Withdrawal because, it was provisional.. its crazy cause, i did the medical, met with my physiologist.. hopefully, when i see another Civilian position open up.. ill apply again. my investigator was like.." wow, u work for DCAS, this will be an easy Process for you.. but again, i withdrawal. my next test is the Environmental Police.. however, i would love for them NYPD to call me.lol. ( Good Luck on your process, you got this!!

Comment

• nyc96
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2017

U as well!

Comment

• tfnsylmz
          Forum Member
          • May 2014

I did %84 on #7323 and today i did %88 on #7326. I have to say that i'm an immigrant from a country that people doesn't speak english, so i'm still learning english. There was some words that i didn't even the meaning. I'm not the citizen yet and taking the tests for experience.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Ishraq87
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by tfnsylmz
            I did %84 on #7323 and today i did %88 on #7326. I have to say that i'm an immigrant from a country that people doesn't speak english, so i'm still learning english. There was some words that i didn't even the meaning. I'm not the citizen yet and taking the tests for experience.

Good luck everyone.
            good luck to u

Comment

• WomenBlue_
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Ishraq87

( i feel bad, discouraged my friend. i scored a 70+ 5 extra points = 75 on the NYPD EXAM 7326. i was aiming for an 85. however, would it be possible if i took it over to score better? also, is it wise to do so? would my 75 count or not? would they go with my new score, or both from 2 different NYPD EXAMS. i am 29 years old. i just dont want a call when im 33 or 34. i took the DCAS Police exam 2 times and scored an 81, and 85; im also waiting on them. The thing is, if i cant make it to be a cop, ill try as a Civilian. i was getting hired by the nypd as an evidence clerk, but i respectfully withdrawal, the position was provisional. i currently work for DCAS right now. but i just want the nypd to call me again.
              How did you get a job in DCAS?

Comment

• Ishraq87
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by WomenBlue_

How did you get a job in DCAS?

WomanBlue.. i used to work at JFK Airport for 6 years as a warehouse cargo agent, and security officer . One night i was so frustrated with my job, i went online to Indeed.com; i started searching for City warehouse jobs, i applied for DCAS Warehouse agent. i didn't know there was such a thing for the city. little did i know, about 3 weeks later.. " hi, this is so and so from DCAS Logistics, did well on the interview, now, it's been 2 years i been working for the city. bittersweet, because i still had my job at JFK, and i was working at Mount sinai hospital also, which i had to leave. However, i got hired as a Temporary Provisional DCAS City worker, around April the Stock Worker City exam came out, I took it and passed it with an 81, list number 671.. So, now my position/ job is safe. Since then, i have been getting calls from FDNY stock worker, DOT, stock worker, Corrections Stock worker; basically all the City Stock worker, but none from the NYPD stock worker, still waiting on them. It's been a long journey for me to get into the City...But, i still want to be a Cop, after passing my exam 7326 score 75, i told 2 of my police officer friends, they told me give it about 2 years...how ever, back in April 2016 i took 3 Special Officer exams for DCAS POLICE, Homeless Services Police, and Hospital Police, which i all passed.. Now, i'm just waiting. My Job working as DCAS warehouse agent is pretty great. I deliver/ pack, and prepare Supplies to the NYPD stations, FDNY firehouses, Corrections, DSNY, DOT, and more.

(check the website out)

https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=dcas&l=New+York%2C+NY

also

https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ ( it will be beneficial if u create an account, upload your resume, and start searching.

Comment

• Ishraq87
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2012

So do you think people in the low 80's wont get hired? or Am I reading it wrong?
                  you also have to remember, all those who scored a 100, 99, 98,97, 80,85, 70, 75... even though they score high, that's the first step... However, Some candidates might say " forget it, i'm not going to be a cop anymore, forget it, i got a better job, some my be DQ," or fail the Psych, or medical, even paper work... making your list number appear faster.

Comment

• Ishraq87
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2012

Just remember we all took it, and all passed it whether its 105- 70, after the next exam 7328... they probably wont have another NYPD exam for a long time... hopefully everyone who took exam number 7323, 7326, 7328 will get a chance to get called

Comment

• WomenBlue_
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Ishraq87

WomanBlue.. i used to work at JFK Airport for 6 years as a warehouse cargo agent, and security officer . One night i was so frustrated with my job, i went online to Indeed.com; i started searching for City warehouse jobs, i applied for DCAS Warehouse agent. i didn't know there was such a thing for the city. little did i know, about 3 weeks later.. " hi, this is so and so from DCAS Logistics, did well on the interview, now, it's been 2 years i been working for the city. bittersweet, because i still had my job at JFK, and i was working at Mount sinai hospital also, which i had to leave. However, i got hired as a Temporary Provisional DCAS City worker, around April the Stock Worker City exam came out, I took it and passed it with an 81, list number 671.. So, now my position/ job is safe. Since then, i have been getting calls from FDNY stock worker, DOT, stock worker, Corrections Stock worker; basically all the City Stock worker, but none from the NYPD stock worker, still waiting on them. It's been a long journey for me to get into the City...But, i still want to be a Cop, after passing my exam 7326 score 75, i told 2 of my police officer friends, they told me give it about 2 years...how ever, back in April 2016 i took 3 Special Officer exams for DCAS POLICE, Homeless Services Police, and Hospital Police, which i all passed.. Now, i'm just waiting. My Job working as DCAS warehouse agent is pretty great. I deliver/ pack, and prepare Supplies to the NYPD stations, FDNY firehouses, Corrections, DSNY, DOT, and more.

(check the website out)

https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=dcas&l=New+York%2C+NY

also

https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ ( it will be beneficial if u create an account, upload your resume, and start searching.
                      Thanks !!!! Im definitely going to look into it. Im tired of my job now lol

Comment

• Ishraq87
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2012

Thanks !!!! Im definitely going to look into it. Im tired of my job now lol
                        thats not a problem.. we only want to do better in life... just keep in mind.. most city jobs will only hire u if u have taken a test.. some do, some dont.

Comment

• Souf186
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Chris89

Yes your right.. The better advice is to just wing it.. You stand a much better chance.

If you didnt read my other post, everyone is different.

And I personally havent heard of anyone scoring in the 70's or low 80's and getting hired.

But whatever.. I think a 95 is a decent score.
                          I know more then enough people who have gotten hired with low 80's

Comment

• Juice555
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Behindthewalls88
                            FYI... like Steve88 said don't take a backup exam unless if it's going to be 1-2 years apart doesn't make sense to take another right away. You need the 1 year gap in case things come up and your exam expires you have a year to get it going again instead of 1 month.. Dont play into the scores because you will get canvassed it's just going to take longer to get to your name if you scored lower. I scored a 97.6% and I will get residency added on to that so I'm sitting at 103% but all that says is I get a canvass letter sooner.

I never took a back up exam which I should have because I thought I wouldn't have a issue going thru the process and received a letter stating I wasn't selected for hire on my exam but yet I passed all my steps BI, Agility, Psych, Medical, etc.... I was never disqualified just not selected for hire so I had to retake the exam which I took this one. So give it some time and every be easy this process is not overnight. If you have any questions regarding any of the steps just ask I can give my insight on what I experienced thru it..

Did they tell you why though?

Comment

• rip612
                              Forum Member
                              • Feb 2017

anyone here with tattoos?

Comment

• steve88
                                Forum Member
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by rip612
                                anyone here with tattoos?
                                No one cares about tattoos unless they display some type of racial, ethnic, gang affiliation but I think I remember having to write a statement on what it means, and when/where I got it. Actually they probably care about hands, neck, face tattoos but I don't know

But the offical policy is that tattoos will not be visible in uniform and will be covered by a long sleeve shirt, or nude/black sleeve.

They make you sign a form basically agreeing to that

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20519 users online. 55 members and 20464 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...