300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryan13157 View Post
    Coming from out of state. I have my exam on the 30th in Brooklyn. Plan on just flying in the day of the exam then flying home that night. Is the JFK airport the best way to go? If so, how far is the testing site from the airport?
    JFK is about 20 miles from the test site. You could take a taxi or Uber and probably be there in 30-40 minutes depending on traffic.

Your second option would be to arrive at JFK and then take the Howard Beach AirTrain line to Howard Beach Station. From there get on the A subway train and take the subway to Jay Street - MetroTech. This would be about a 30 minute subway ride. Once you get off the subway it would be about a 5 minute walk to the test site. The entire trip would probably take a little over an hour.

Your third option would be to arrive at JFK and take the Jamaica AirTrain line to Jamaica Train Station. From there you would get on the Long Island Rail Road train that stops at Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn. Once you're at Atlantic Terminal you can take either the 2,3,4 or 5 subway train to Borough Hall. From there it's a 2 minute walk to the test site. That whole trip would take over an hour depending on train times. With this option you would probably spend about $30-$35 in tickets. You would have to pay the fee for the AirTrain, pay for a LIRR ticket and purchase a MetroCard for the subway.

If I were you I would try to arrive earlier then the actual time stated on your admission notice. I had my exam scheduled for 1:30pm and I arrived at like 1:20pm and there were already a bunch of people seated and taking the exam at that point. I thought it was going to be one of those things where they have everyone begin at the same exact time, like with the Suffolk County Civil Service Exams but that definitely wasn't the case. Wish I had known because I would have arrived a lot earlier. It would have been nice to finish and leave earlier since my exam was the day of the snowstorm. Also, just remember your admission notice. Hope all of this information helps. Good luck on the exam!
    Last edited by LEN9; 01-13-2017, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Just a heads up, i've taken my backpack for all 4 exams i've taken at Lafayette and have had no problems at all. Only thing that happens differently is that you don't get a ziplock bag, they tell you to put your phone in your backpack and put the backpack in the red bin under the desk you sit in. That I know of you can absolutely take a backpack as of October 2016-Jan 2017 when I took my 4 exams.

Comment

• map5
        map5 commented
        Editing a comment
        All four exams? Are there four parts, or you just took the same exam multiple times...?

• KLJG
        KLJG commented
        Editing a comment
        The 4 exams i've taken at Laf were NYPD, NYDOC, Environmental PD, and Telecommunications/911 operator in separate dates.

• Originally posted by LEN9 View Post

JFK is about 20 miles from the test site. You could take a taxi or Uber and probably be there in 30-40 minutes depending on traffic.

Your second option would be to arrive at JFK and then take the Howard Beach AirTrain line to Howard Beach Station. From there get on the A subway train and take the subway to Jay Street - MetroTech. This would be about a 30 minute subway ride. Once you get off the subway it would be about a 5 minute walk to the test site. The entire trip would probably take a little over an hour.

Your third option would be to arrive at JFK and take the Jamaica AirTrain line to Jamaica Train Station. From there you would get on the Long Island Rail Road train that stops at Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn. Once you're at Atlantic Terminal you can take either the 2,3,4 or 5 subway train to Borough Hall. From there it's a 2 minute walk to the test site. That whole trip would take over an hour depending on train times. With this option you would probably spend about $30-$35 in tickets. You would have to pay the fee for the AirTrain, pay for a LIRR ticket and purchase a MetroCard for the subway.

If I were you I would try to arrive earlier then the actual time stated on your admission notice. I had my exam scheduled for 1:30pm and I arrived at like 1:20pm and there were already a bunch of people seated and taking the exam at that point. I thought it was going to be one of those things where they have everyone begin at the same exact time, like with the Suffolk County Civil Service Exams but that definitely wasn't the case. Wish I had known because I would have arrived a lot earlier. It would have been nice to finish and leave earlier since my exam was the day of the snowstorm. Also, just remember your admission notice. Hope all of this information helps. Good luck on the exam!
      Much obliged man. Good advice

Comment

• This exam is open to out of state residents as well?

Comment

• Just left the exam. I got a 90 on it.
          NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
          List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
          CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
          Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
          Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
          Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
          BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
          JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
          Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
          Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

• Hi everyone, i'll take the test on Jan 26. Yesterday i had %90 from a sample test. %70 is really easy.
            i think i am the only one who not upset about the process time because anyway i'll get my citizenship about 3.5 years later. Lol

good luck everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by RailMan96 View Post

On the NYPD recruit Facebook page someone asked how long would it take to start the process and get hired and they responded with the same numbers you posted.

You guys have some fantastic scores. I take mine on the 22nd right after the MTA police exam.
              Im doing this also, good luck!

Comment

• Took the test today and got a 94.12 ----> 99.12 with NYC residency. Test wasn't too hard but it was very repetitive. You get the same questions over and over again with different scenarios. I think the questions I got wrong are mostly from the memorization part. You really gotta pay attention to everything. Now to seat back and wait for at least 18 months to start the process.
                NYPD Exam #7323

✅(01-17-17) Score: 99.12
                ✅(10-03-17) List number: 7xx
                ✅(10-13-17) Process: Put on Hold
                ✅(05-12-18) Process: Resumed
                ✅(05-12-18) CAS-5: Completed
                ✅(05-21-18) Medical: Completed
                ✅(06-11-18) JST: Passed (3:20)
                ✅(07-19-18) BI: Completed
                ✅(08-02-18) Written psych: Completed
                ✅(08-02-18) Mini-Med: Completed
                ✅(08-06-18) Oral Psych: Completed
                ✅(10-15-18) Hire Email: Received

Comment

• Hey guys, I got a 92 on the exam without the residenancy points, do you think I should take the next exam to get a higher grade or it won't make that much of a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armduk View Post
                    Hey guys, I got a 92 on the exam without the residenancy points, do you think I should take the next exam to get a higher grade or it won't make that much of a difference.
                    Just give it time that should get you the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC200 View Post
                      Took the test today and got a 94.12 ----> 99.12 with NYC residency. Test wasn't too hard but it was very repetitive. You get the same questions over and over again with different scenarios. I think the questions I got wrong are mostly from the memorization part. You really gotta pay attention to everything. Now to seat back and wait for at least 18 months to start the process.
                      We were almost definitely in the testing room together then. Got a 96.47 but don't get any residency points so now we sit and wait lol

Comment

• whats the lowest score you can get that will still get you a call ? 75?

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyMac899 View Post
                          whats the lowest score you can get that will still get you a call ? 75?
                          the lowest you can get is a 70. that's considered passing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayblue View Post

the lowest you can get is a 70. that's considered passing.

I understand that's passing, but would you still get called for the job with a 70 or do you think they wouldn't even get to you being that the score is so low ? in other words, what's the lowest score they usually get to before the test expires ?

Comment

• score is irrevelant- everyone who passes the exam will be given the chance to process!!!! list number only comes into play when you are ready for hire!
                              NYPD EXAM 5310- October 2014
                              Score: 85
                              List: 6XX December, 2015
                              APD-5:
                              Medical:
                              Written Psychological:
                              Oral Psychological:
                              BI Meet:
                              JST:
                              Mini Med:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12114 users online. 438 members and 11676 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X