300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FP0704 View Post

Unless it hinders your ability to do the job like anyone else, then you shouldn't worry about it. I should remind you there will be a point where you will basically have to strip down to your boxers so that the doctor can examine you and he/she will be looking at scars/ incision marks and ask you about it and it better add up to what you wrote on your APD.
    Do they literally get up and personal and examine every inch of your body???
    Or is it more for them to see if there is anything noticeably wrong? I heard you are in a room with many people of the same gender when they have you strip down. Just curious as to how that portion of it works

Comment

• Can someone explain what the 1 and 3 rule is? Seen it a few times and would like to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armduk View Post

Also were you able to find out any new info on the 7323 list being established?
        She told me wait 6 months to 1 year, because it just came out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ313 View Post

Do they literally get up and personal and examine every inch of your body???
          Or is it more for them to see if there is anything noticeably wrong? I heard you are in a room with many people of the same gender when they have you strip down. Just curious as to how that portion of it works
          You stand in a line in your underwear and do various things. Squats, burpees, **** like that. When I was there they put people on review that were very fat and told them to lose weight

Comment

• Originally posted by JRL631 View Post
            Can someone explain what the 1 and 3 rule is? Seen it a few times and would like to know.
            The 1 in 3 rule is very complicated and not many will understand until you go through it. It is not a DQ but nor do you get hired. It took me almost 4 years to process, and that's all I got. I personally passed everything, no holds, was told to go home, stay out of trouble and wait for the call for exam 2326 that is. I was pretty certain I was in and thank god I didn't quit my job. After all calls went out and I wasn't called I contacted my BI and she was no longer my BI, her sergeant had took over my case and made the decision for whatever reason not to hire me. The worse part about the 1 in 3 rule is that you cannot appeal, because you were actually considered for employment just not hired. Even worse, you will never know the reason why as they will not disclose it. This is exactly what the sergeant told me word for word " The letter you received is not very common, only a handful of people will receive it, after your BI sings off on your file you need 3 signatures of approval by the higher ups to be hired, you only got 2, meaning someone didn't like you, if I were you I would take the test again and maybe next time we'll all like you". He left it at that, i kept calling to try and clarify what was going on as I didn't understand, he kept telling me to stop calling him, and retake the test. Here I am 2 years later giving it a try again, Why? because it's what I want, not giving up just because they didn't hire me once, I'm actually taking a big pay cut if hired by the PD but my plans is to climb the latter once in there Moral of the story is, you are not in until you are sworn in.
            Exam # 2326
            List # 29**
            APD-5: Completed 01/14
            Medical: Completed 03/14
            Written Psych: completed 05/14
            BI: Completed 5/14
            Oral Psych Completed 06/14
            JST: 11/2014 Completed (3:31)
            Mini med: 12/09/2014 completed

"I'm in no rush to get there first, because the end of their goals are the beginning of mine"

Comment

• APD says 5326 is in contention for July. Now I might be crazy but that leave 5329, with 1100 eligibles for october (if there is one) surely that class will be larger than 100 ppl (going by 10%). Which leaves 7323 to fill the spaces...anyone else picking up what I'm putting down? Or am I messing something up

Comment

• Originally posted by jet94 View Post
                APD says 5326 is in contention for July. Now I might be crazy but that leave 5329, with 1100 eligibles for october (if there is one) surely that class will be larger than 100 ppl (going by 10%). Which leaves 7323 to fill the spaces...anyone else picking up what I'm putting down? Or am I messing something up
                you are right. I asked them ow many exams left until 7323, apd said just one more "5329"

Comment

• Originally posted by rip612 View Post

you are right. I asked them ow many exams left until 7323, apd said just one more "5329"
                  my cousin whos in da job told me about our 7323 (high scores) was a chance they get consider for 0ct 17' even tho i thought he was messin wit me and jokin. now that you guys are bringing this up. i mean chances r pretty legit and if thats the case Jan '18 class will def be packed with 7323's then. i was expecting July 18' class but damn... Jan 18' or Apr '18 would be AMAZING!
                  NYPD Exam #7323

List number: 1,0xx - 10/3/17
                  CAS-5: 10/5/17 - Done ✅
                  Medical: 10/19/17 - Done ✅
                  BI: 11/14/17 - Done ✅
                  Written Psych: 11/18/17 - Done ✅
                  JST: 11/20/17 - Done ✅
                  Oral Psych: 12/4/17 CLEARED! ✅
                  Mini-Med: 12/12/17 Done ✅
                  Hired Email: 1/8/18 GOT THE EMAIL!!

Phil 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.

Comment

APD says 5326 is in contention for July. Now I might be crazy but that leave 5329, with 1100 eligibles for october (if there is one) surely that class will be larger than 100 ppl (going by 10%). Which leaves 7323 to fill the spaces...anyone else picking up what I'm putting down? Or am I messing something up
                    What about 7326

Comment

The 10% is an approximate guess, they have sent hiring emails out to people from 3000s and 4000s exams in the last couple of days. They still hire from all eligible exams, until those exams are not eligible anymore.

Also, you guys are giving the City too much credit with having the established list ready by July, 2017 (six months). It could happen, but there is a chance it won't. APD has stated they can't use our exam, until the list has been established.
                      NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
                      List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
                      CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
                      Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
                      Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
                      Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
                      BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
                      JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
                      Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
                      Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

• Originally posted by IM-so-NY View Post

The 1 in 3 rule is very complicated and not many will understand until you go through it. It is not a DQ but nor do you get hired. It took me almost 4 years to process, and that's all I got. I personally passed everything, no holds, was told to go home, stay out of trouble and wait for the call for exam 2326 that is. I was pretty certain I was in and thank god I didn't quit my job. After all calls went out and I wasn't called I contacted my BI and she was no longer my BI, her sergeant had took over my case and made the decision for whatever reason not to hire me. The worse part about the 1 in 3 rule is that you cannot appeal, because you were actually considered for employment just not hired. Even worse, you will never know the reason why as they will not disclose it. This is exactly what the sergeant told me word for word " The letter you received is not very common, only a handful of people will receive it, after your BI sings off on your file you need 3 signatures of approval by the higher ups to be hired, you only got 2, meaning someone didn't like you, if I were you I would take the test again and maybe next time we'll all like you". He left it at that, i kept calling to try and clarify what was going on as I didn't understand, he kept telling me to stop calling him, and retake the test. Here I am 2 years later giving it a try again, Why? because it's what I want, not giving up just because they didn't hire me once, I'm actually taking a big pay cut if hired by the PD but my plans is to climb the latter once in there Moral of the story is, you are not in until you are sworn in.
                        That's deep. I would be taking a paycut as well joining. It's what I want and my passion. Environmental wasn't my calling, Law is.

Comment

• Honestly there's so much up in the air right now, we can wait another week before really speculating, people are saying 53xx won't get into April and others are saying up to 5311 will get in, we can just wait another week and we'll know. One things for sure though why would APD push and process so many exams so quickly if they didn't have a good chance if getting in, look at the July academy, so far up to 5326 says in consideration for July.

Comment

• I disagree city can have list established in a month I had mine established for corrections in a month. Also the 3000 and 4000 exams will not have 100s of ppl. If the NYPD needs to hire ppl they will have no issue getting the list out ASAP.

Comment

• Also you can say 20% doing the math and you're still looking at October

Comment

• I believe the City can do things a lot faster, when they need it. I can agree on that, but you have to take facts into account.

DCAS themselves have said they will establish the list within six months to one year. APD themselves said they can't touch the list, until its established. Is October, 2017 Academy guaranteed? There are a lot of variables that could change, so setting realistic expectations is best.

If they start processing us sooner, great. If they don't, at least some of us expected it.
                                NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
                                List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
                                CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
                                Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
                                Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
                                Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
                                BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
                                JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
                                Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
                                Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7795 users online. 414 members and 7381 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X