300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Behindthewalls88 View Post
    All I am hoping for is for this process to be faster as they say is the reason they delayed the exam because I been thru this entire process once already so the waiting game is ridiculous. And for the person to say u pass those steps and bam your in is not totally true. Depending on who ur investigator is and how on point they are also makes a difference. I went thru the entire process passed everything and got 1 in 3 ruled as they say and didn't get selected but was never DQ'd for no reason..
    Can you elaborate on the "1 and 3" rule? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Juice555 View Post

Can you elaborate on the "1 and 3" rule? Thanks!
      U and I both... I passed exam 7326 with a 75. just waiting... I got a call for special officer for homless service police.. I'll do that in the mean while
      Last edited by Ishraq87; 04-05-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know the requirements to qualify for residency credit? Like how long you need to be an NYC resident to get the 5 points?
        NYPD 7323 -
        Score: 92.9% (01/14/17)
        List number: 3,6XX (10/03/17)
        CAS-5: 07/26/2019
        Medical: 08/01/2019 - Passed
        JST: 08/08/2019 - Passed 3:22
        Written psych: 08/14/2019
        Mini-Med: 08/21/2019
        BI : 08/28/2019
        Oral psych: 09/04/2019.. Cleared!! - 09/28/2019
        Got the Email!!! - 10/01/2019
        Currently Attending October 2019 Academy

Comment

• Hey guys I have another question, so when I was in 5th grade I broke my ankle and was put in a cast and have also had an elective surgery on my arm to remove an infected sweat gland, both of these happens about 8 years ago now and was wondering if they will even put me on review for it since they are so old?
          Respectfully,
          T
          Last edited by Rutgers2019; 04-05-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Some of you people really want to be spoon fed information and refuse to do any research on your own. Good luck with that mindset

https://forum.officer.com/forum/loca...three-question

this thread is very recent and was only a few threads down from this one...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutgers2019 View Post
              Hey guys I have another question, so when I was in 5th grade I broke my ankle and was put in a cast and have also had an elective surgery on my arm to remove an infected sweat gland, both of these happens about 8 years ago now and was wondering if they will even put me on review for it since they are so old? Also I've had family members who are on the job in a different state who have told me not to disclose any medical info because due to HIPPA they won't be able to see it anyway. does anyone have an opinion on that? I just hate lying tbh.

Respectfully,
              T
              Not sure how likely they would be to find that out but you do have to authorize the NYPD consent to retrieve basically all records that are about you including Medical

Comment

• There's no way they'd ever find it unless you give them the info on the doc u went to. Not condoning doing this. But there is not database for health care. They'd have to know exactly where to look the specific Doctor you went to, to get that jnfo

Comment

• no longer need answer
                  Last edited by Rutgers2019; 04-06-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jet94 View Post
                    There's no way they'd ever find it unless you give them the info on the doc u went to. Not condoning doing this. But there is not database for health care. They'd have to know exactly where to look the specific Doctor you went to, to get that jnfo
                    i agree with you. dont ask dont tell. remember theres dudes that NEVER been under the knife NEVER been in trouble wit the law they as clean as they get. n ur goin up against them. so yea HIPPA rights are your best friend right now.
                    NYPD Exam #7323

List number: 1,0xx - 10/3/17
                    CAS-5: 10/5/17 - Done ✅
                    Medical: 10/19/17 - Done ✅
                    BI: 11/14/17 - Done ✅
                    Written Psych: 11/18/17 - Done ✅
                    JST: 11/20/17 - Done ✅
                    Oral Psych: 12/4/17 CLEARED! ✅
                    Mini-Med: 12/12/17 Done ✅
                    Hired Email: 1/8/18 GOT THE EMAIL!!

Phil 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almonte19 View Post

i agree with you. dont ask dont tell. remember theres dudes that NEVER been under the knife NEVER been in trouble wit the law they as clean as they get. n ur goin up against them. so yea HIPPA rights are your best friend right now.
                      Well, they are asking... soo you should tell... And yes you do have HIPAA rights.... But as Armduk had said, you give consent to the NYPD to retreive all records, including medical... So wouldnt that mean those HIPAA rights you have, kinda go out the window?

And suppose there is such a medical data base (which i have heard does exist), couldnt they simply just look up your social security number?

If you want to lie to these ppl and risk the opportunity of attaining a great career, go ahead dude... It phases no one but your self.
                      “He who says he can and he who says he can't, are both usually right.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris89 View Post

Well, they are asking... soo you should tell... And yes you do have HIPAA rights.... But as Armduk had said, you give consent to the NYPD to retreive all records, including medical... So wouldnt that mean those HIPAA rights you have, kinda go out the window?

And suppose there is such a medical data base (which i have heard does exist), couldnt they simply just look up your social security number?

If you want to lie to these ppl and risk the opportunity of attaining a great career, go ahead dude... It phases no one but your self.
                        Facts!

Comment

• I work in healthcare there is no database. Until the day we get universal healthcare in our country there is no database. They could use your old insurance to see what u billed for as well. But you might not even be able to find that info out what u had for insurance ten years ago. There's two ways they figure it out. They see what the insurance company was billed or call the exact doctor you went to. Again I'm not saying you should lie or anything and his specific case seems very minor. But it would be very difficult for them to really find out without knowing where to look. But I agree w Chris integrity is so important not only for getting hired but also on the job.

Comment

• You also have to remember you are on probation for two years in the NYPD, if it is uncovered somehow some way you can be fired..

Comment

• At the end of the day I can't tell you all what to do but as someone who has been through this process, and made it through, failing to disclose the broken ankle is a bad idea especially if you had a screw put in or surgery. Hypothetically down the line, you break your ankle again and they do an x ray, if they see a screw was put in and you didn't disclose it, they will fire you whether you are on probation or not. Not disclosing info is a slippery slope. Decide your own risk but just know it could bite you. The two issues you were concerned about aren't even cause for concern IMO, I think you would cleared medically. I also suggest to not openly talk about providing false information if you chose to do so on a public forum, especially going for a job where integrity is the biggest factor.
                              Last edited by Nypd16; 04-05-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutgers2019 View Post
                                Let's say I do disclose it do you guys think it was long enough ago where they won't care? Like I was 13 at the time and I'm about to be 21 now and haven't had any medical problems since
                                Unless it hinders your ability to do the job like anyone else, then you shouldn't worry about it. I should remind you there will be a point where you will basically have to strip down to your boxers so that the doctor can examine you and he/she will be looking at scars/ incision marks and ask you about it and it better add up to what you wrote on your APD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10859 users online. 387 members and 10472 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X