300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

I signed up for the exam on the 28th. I am really considering becoming an NYPD officer, because I dislike my current career as an accountant. I recently graduated with a Master's in Accounting believing I would enjoy the field in the long run, but being in this field for four years, it hasn't gotten better.

Good luck to all on the exam!
    NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
    List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
    CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
    Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
    Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
    Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
    BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
    JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
    Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
    Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

Originally posted by NHF View Post

Thank you for all that info, I was lucky enough to be able to register on the 6th and scheduled to take the exam on the 21st, there were quite a few spots available in both locations Brooklyn and Manhattan, not sure why on Jan 4th, and 5th the system was telling me that the seats are full, most likely some seats got dropped.
      No prob. That's probably what happened, I tried to reschedule in Lafayette but no seats were available. Some seats were probably dropped. I never got to reschedule, I wish I did, I wasn't feeling well the day of the test. Good luck on your test.

Comment

Originally posted by RailMan96 View Post

On the NYPD recruit Facebook page someone asked how long would it take to start the process and get hired and they responded with the same numbers you posted.

You guys have some fantastic scores. I take mine on the 22nd right after the MTA police exam.
        Good luck to you sir, I will also be taking the MTA Police exam on the 22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by JRL631 View Post

Are you considering enlisted or reserves? And what branch? I'm in the process of getting a tattoo removed which should be off by summer (when I graduate my bachelors). I was considering applying to Air Force or army reserve or guard as an officer and getting the training out of the way while waiting for my nypd number. I just know that officer applications can take a long time themselves, and am wondering if it would be better to hold off on that until I start the nypd process.

Any current reservists/cops that can weigh in?
          Im in the Army National Guard. I have a bachelors but went enlisted route because I wanted to chose exactly what I did and for which unit. You can enlist now with the NG and they will put you in a program called Recruit Sustainment Program (RSP). While in RSP they will break down the training timeline around your college schedule. Many kids will go to basic then come home for college, after the conclusion of the semester go to AIT and finish things off. Tattoos are allowed in the military depending on its location or if it's of a crude nature.

I have no idea on the OCS process, I am however considering it for the future. I'd reach out to a recruiter ASAP if it's something you plan to do prior to employment.
          Last edited by k9works; 01-09-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxboy View Post
            Hello everyone!

I signed up for the exam on the 28th. I am really considering becoming an NYPD officer, because I dislike my current career as an accountant. I recently graduated with a Master's in Accounting believing I would enjoy the field in the long run, but being in this field for four years, it hasn't gotten better.

Good luck to all on the exam!
            I had a similar path. Although I only graduated with a Bachelors... I spent a few years as an auditor with some tax work and just couldn't do it anymore. It's a great profession, though.

Comment

Originally posted by k9works View Post

I had a similar path. Although I only graduated with a Bachelors... I spent a few years as an auditor with some tax work and just couldn't do it anymore. It's a great profession, though.
              Thanks for the reply!

I believe I am making the right choice. I'm hoping the process isn't too long (more than two years), but I am more than willing to wait.

I've already started gathering the information they need for the background search. I noticed they ask if the applicant has/had a handgun permit, I wanted to know if that helps speed up the process if the applicant does? I recently got my premises permit, which took some time to get and they do their own background search for that permit.

Any insight would be helpful!
              NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
              List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
              CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
              Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
              Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
              Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
              BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
              JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
              Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
              Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

Was wondering if anyone has taken Environmental Police Exam, and if it is basically like the regular Police Exam? Also was wondering where you sign up for the MTA Police exam. Thanks
                Ryan Foy

Comment

Took my exam on Saturday got a 90. And with my residency points and veteran points. It will jump up to 100. Not really worried bout the 1 year turn around call. Im currently a NYC Correction officer so my time will transfer smooth

Comment

Originally posted by JRL631 View Post

Are you considering enlisted or reserves? And what branch? I'm in the process of getting a tattoo removed which should be off by summer (when I graduate my bachelors). I was considering applying to Air Force or army reserve or guard as an officer and getting the training out of the way while waiting for my nypd number. I just know that officer applications can take a long time themselves, and am wondering if it would be better to hold off on that until I start the nypd process.

Any current reservists/cops that can weigh in?
                    If they call you while you are in training you will be excused. You have two years after you are done with active and you can start your process. Im currently a US Army National Guard Sergeant. And a correction officer for NYCDOC. Just start your army process now. Or airforce

Comment

you guys have plenty of time before you hear anything. like i have posted before- feel free to follow us 5300-5329 thread and you can have an idea as to when u will hear something based on our progress- i took the exam back in 2014 and we are just starting to get medical dates.. over 2 years.. of waiting... we should be good for april hire,,, but tune in. also- don't forget the back log is still huge-- there are 12 53xx series exam ahead of your guys along with other 43xx which are still clearing... so you have at least 18months min'

NYPD EXAM 5310- October 2014
                      Score: 85
                      List: 6XX December, 2015
                      APD-5:
                      Medical:
                      Written Psychological:
                      Oral Psychological:
                      BI Meet:
                      JST:
                      Mini Med:

Comment

Does anyone have tips for the memorization part of the exam? I took the correction officer exam and scored a 87.5 and everything else was easy except for that timed intro. It's like I just black out and forget everything I saw. Hoping to score in the 90's on this one.

Comment

Does anyone have tips for the memorization part of the exam? I took the correction officer exam and scored a 87.5 and everything else was easy except for that timed intro. It's like I just black out and forget everything I saw. Hoping to score in the 90's on this one.
                          I find just repeating everything over and over and over again helps. I would look at the picture and memorize a few things and then close my eyes and repeat everything I saw like a million times to myself. I still think I remember the phone number to the restaurant in the picture. Pretty sure it was 347-274-8126 lmao Just stay calm, focus and repeat everything to yourself. After the time runs out to look at the picture they give you paper and a pencil. Once you have the paper and pencil just jot down everything you committed to your short term memory and work off of that.

Comment

Look at all the details like the clothes, phone numbers, prices, time on clocks if there is a clock, even if you can barely see the time. They got me with that one on the environmental police exam (got a 95), it was a clock with Roman numerals but it was blurry. It was so blurry that I ignored it, thinking they wouldn't ask me the time of such a blurry clock but they did, I had to guess. Look at things like what people are holding on what side, right or left, umbrellas, large shopping bags, purses. Look at the buildings, they asked a weird question that I honestly didn't understand and did not paid attention to at all, about the pattern of the buildings, I just guessed. If there's newsstands and food carts look at them in detail, what they sell for what price. Hell, in one exam I was asked about garbage cans. You can't be too careful, but 10 minutes is a good amount of time if you focus. One problem I had in one exam is that I focused so much on the details, and none of the questions were actually about them, the questions were about more obvious things. For example none of the phone numbers that were in the picture were in the questions so I memorized it for nothing, but they do ask for it for some people. But look at everything, you have plenty of time. Look at both the obvious and the subtle things.

Comment

Thank you guys so much, I'll try to use those with the practice exam.

If I score in the 90's and we end up in the same class in the academy I'll buy you guys lunch lol.

Comment

So many conflicting responses in regards to when well be starting but im hoping at least by summer time well get a good idea of whats to come.
                                Best of luck to everyone!
                                i took it the 4th and got a 95. hopefully with the residency points that will be more.

Also hoping there will be way more females taking it this time around lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7037 users online. 228 members and 6809 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X