300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Almonte19 View Post

3 months. bc we all took the 7323 in Jan of this year.
    Thank you! took mine last week and the thought of waiting another 6-8 months (like some people have been saying) is killing me. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Luna View Post

Thank you! took mine last week and the thought of waiting another 6-8 months (like some people have been saying) is killing me. lol
      You will wait 6 months for Dcas to certify the list.

You know that day if you passed or not.....this email is just a bull**** generic automated email that holds absolutely no weight

btw there will be a lot more bull**** emails coming from NYPD recruit and whoever else. It's their new recruitment campaign. "It's you we want". They are just going to keep sending stuff that is completely generic and will provide no indication on your individual case

stop feeding into it. And stop thinking it means anything.
      Last edited by steve88; 04-03-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post

You will wait 6 months for Dcas to certify the list.

You know that day if you passed or not.....this email is just a bull**** generic automated email that holds absolutely no weight
        ohhh... so approx 6 months for actual list numbers?

Comment

ohhh... so approx 6 months for actual list numbers?
          At least 6 months. Read my post. I edited it

Comment

• Originally posted by WomenBlue_ View Post

I was just on forum 5300-5328, someone stated APD will be sending out there hire emails
            Let me apologize beforehand, I am still new to all this. So I'm a little confused as to what emails APD will be sending the hires.

Comment

how long was it between the time you took the exam to the time you recieved that email?
              I took the exam in January and I just got the e-mail on Friday

Comment

• Originally posted by FP0704 View Post

Yea same here also got that email. I scored 96 what did you score? Well it all depends how quick the 5xxx exam group moves along and how many academies they will have in the future.Pretty much 11 of the 12 5xxx exams are in process. They are moving aggressively with this exam looks like a good thing. If they have big July/Oct classes and get everyone that qualified from the 5xxx exams, we could be looking at January 2018.
                I scored an 89.4

Comment

• My email was not generic had exam number and actually noted I passed. Which means they've organized the grades in one way or another. 6 months is not far away considering it's been 2 already. Like I said earlier friend in APD said 3-6 months and we'll hear something. Said that back when everyone was saying it was gunna be years. So it's still on track for that info to be accurate. Guess we'll see within 4 months haha

Comment

• Hey Everyone!

I'm new here, please go easy on me lol.

Is it an automatic DQ if someone has a screw implanted in their wrist(due to a wrist a fracture) or any form of surgical hardware in them?
                    If they had the surgery 5 years ago and currently have full mobility with the wrist and can workout like a regular person would this effect their chance heavily at getting hired with the NYPD?

Or is this grounds for automatic disqualification?

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by jet94 View Post
                      My email was not generic had exam number and actually noted I passed. Which means they've organized the grades in one way or another. 6 months is not far away considering it's been 2 already. Like I said earlier friend in APD said 3-6 months and we'll hear something. Said that back when everyone was saying it was gunna be years. So it's still on track for that info to be accurate. Guess we'll see within 4 months haha
                      Its generic... for everyone who passed. (70+).. so probably a few thousand people received the email... its still very generic.
                      “He who says he can and he who says he can't, are both usually right.”

Comment

• Originally posted by BHQ View Post
                        Hey Everyone!

I'm new here, please go easy on me lol.

Is it an automatic DQ if someone has a screw implanted in their wrist(due to a wrist a fracture) or any form of surgical hardware in them?
                        If they had the surgery 5 years ago and currently have full mobility with the wrist and can workout like a regular person would this effect their chance heavily at getting hired with the NYPD?

Or is this grounds for automatic disqualification?

Thank you
                        A former co-worker of mine was going through the NYPD process and broke his arm. They told him he couldnt be hired for NYPD.. period.. Even after he heals.

Keep in mind, I did hear this from a 3rd party (my former boss, a retired NYPD Lieutenant) so i dont know all the specifics.

But I would still pursue it though. Dont count yourself out until your out.
                        “He who says he can and he who says he can't, are both usually right.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Behindthewalls88 View Post

I am no doctor but when u go for the initial medical you will get a color blindness test that same day and if you can't pass it you will be put on medical review and it's either you go to a doctor to get it cleared some how and Show proof to the medical doctor when you come back to for your medical review...

But i heard if they put on medical review they never call you back
                          like they mostly DQ you and thats all

Comment

• Originally posted by oleshka777 View Post
                            But i heard if they put on medical review they never call you back
                            like they mostly DQ you and thats all
                            That is not true because there is too many ways to be put on medical review and it would have to be something that will not let you do the job appropriately. I was put on medical review for a shoulder surgery in 2006 and I had to bring my X-rays from after the surgery and the documents of my post surgery and all the doctor did was take a quick look at them and I was off medical review.
                            "It drops deep as it does in my breath
                            I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death
                            Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined
                            I think of crime when I'm in a New York State of Mind" -Nasir Jones

Comment

• I broke my wrist, no surgery, and also had a boxers fracture in my hand, no surgery, and no one even asked any questions about it. Not for the initial medical or the 3 mini Medicals

i did however, go to an orthopedic doctor and had them do an X-ray and write a letter stating "will be able to perform the typical duties of a police officer and perform any physical activities without restriction." I also brought a copy of the X-ray on a CD.

Better to be safe than sorry

Comment

• Would anyone happen to know when they`ll be sending the date for the physical ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3752 users online. 174 members and 3578 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X