300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j5darkstone View Post
    I took this test and passed with a decent score in the upper 90s. I am in the process for corrections now as well. I have over 60 credits but my GPA was a 1.9 (I was stupid in college and now in my 30s regretting being so stupid.)

If I get into corrections, does the corrections academy credits count as a "GPA" to potentially raise my overall GPA value higher above 2.0 in case I want to transfer down the line if I get called?
    Do you get graded for the academy credits? If not, I would think no.
    NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
    List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
    CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
    Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
    Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
    Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
    BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
    JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
    Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
    Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxboy View Post

Got it, too. I don't think its really anything. Hopefully the list numbers will be released in July.
      yea i got the email as well, had me hype, but nothing crazy. yea they said this summer scores/listing # will come out. jun-jul7 17'
      NYPD Exam #7323

List number: 1,0xx - 10/3/17
      CAS-5: 10/5/17 - Done ✅
      Medical: 10/19/17 - Done ✅
      BI: 11/14/17 - Done ✅
      Written Psych: 11/18/17 - Done ✅
      JST: 11/20/17 - Done ✅
      Oral Psych: 12/4/17 CLEARED! ✅
      Mini-Med: 12/12/17 Done ✅
      Hired Email: 1/8/18 GOT THE EMAIL!!

Phil 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.

Comment

• Originally posted by stephen chu View Post

It is 60 credits.. and then a gpa of 2.0 gpa so how far below 2 did it drop? They would likely average your 3.4 into that so you may be good.
        it dropped to a 1.89 over the mishap.

Comment

• Call the college you went to and get an answer first hand. It's a rare situation. You will probably get transferred around a lot before you find the answer.

I personally dont think they add anything to a GPA because you don't get grades. It's either satisfactory or unsatisfactory in the eyes of DCJS. Sure the department actually grades them but that doesn't really hold the weight. The credits are based upon the DCJS requirements/classes for a correction officer not the individual academy

Comment

• Thanks everyone! I scored 92.94. Was hoping for a 100 but seeing we only need a 70, I'm satisfied.

Comment

• Originally posted by francothomas View Post
              Thanks everyone! I scored 92.94. Was hoping for a 100 but seeing we only need a 70, I'm satisfied.
              In the same boat as you, good job.
              NYPD 7323 -
              Score: 92.9% (01/14/17)
              List number: 3,6XX (10/03/17)
              CAS-5: 07/26/2019
              Medical: 08/01/2019 - Passed
              JST: 08/08/2019 - Passed 3:22
              Written psych: 08/14/2019
              Mini-Med: 08/21/2019
              BI : 08/28/2019
              Oral psych: 09/04/2019.. Cleared!! - 09/28/2019
              Got the Email!!! - 10/01/2019
              Currently Attending October 2019 Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by WomenBlue_ View Post

Parking is terrible especially downtown brooklyn. I parked in a lot for $20. Make sure you bring your ID, the 2 papers that you printed after paying for the test and a pen. If you bring your phone, theyll ask for you to turn it off and place it in a ziplock bag which they provide

Goodluck & take your time
                i use spothero, its an app.. it gives me available parking lots around the area...so, instead of paying 25, i pay 11 bucks.. check out SpotHero

Comment

• Originally posted by Souf186 View Post

yeah you'll def get a call. anyone with over a 70 will.. you'll get have to wait till #7323 gets looked at first
                  yea, your right about that. my friend who is a Detective, and another one who is a Sargent said expect to wait 2 years..lol, i took another police exam back in April 2016, i scored an 81, took it again, and scored an 85.. no call, no list number yet =/

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitemviv View Post

it dropped to a 1.89 over the mishap.
                    take some classes, any classes, easy ones.. and bring it right back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew-xie View Post
                      Also , the recruiter say if you take the test again, it wont channge anything . You wait the same amount of years
                      i suggest take other exam.
                      i took traffic enforcement:86
                      mta conductor:91
                      nypd:74(isuck,lol)
                      soon Bus driver operator(part time)
                      I kinda need money quick because I need a car ,lol
                      apologizd if this is off topic
                      You should all work or continue school
                      stay strong, be postive and smile more
                      hey bro, you should also check out Special officer... its a law enforcement job..

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitarfiend

The two closest precincts To NYC are in Westchster. Dependin on where you live Yonkers is probably the closest precint for environmental
                        when is the bridge and tunnel coming up? where can i find it

Comment

Damn a lot of people took special officer exam.
                          I am taking mine in march 31. Doesnt matter which job i will accept. Special officers can make arrest. Special officers dont have guns.. Special officers need a pistol permit allowed to carry guns.

#fixit
                          i took mine ( special officer exam 2 times last year, i passed with an 81, and an 85.

Comment

Yes i know that because my deafness, i am born here but read your sentence you even spell recruiter and recommend wrong.
                            how you going to write your recruiter name when he or she process you
                            you should try traffic officer

Comment

• Originally posted by DDR1050 View Post

Hahaha, go back to page 27-30ish.
                              i did, it was pretty funny..lol...well, i got a 75.. ill just wait... i been through the NYPD candidate process before, medical, and psychological; went through all that. however, later on. i called my investigator told her i am going to Respectfully Withdrew, because the NYPD Civilian job i was going for was short term- provisional, she understood, and said well, see you when you pass the nypd exam. , i work for the city already, so it should be a little easy for me..

Comment

• Originally posted by j5darkstone View Post
                                I took this test and passed with a decent score in the upper 90s. I am in the process for corrections now as well. I have over 60 credits but my GPA was a 1.9 (I was stupid in college and now in my 30s regretting being so stupid.)

If I get into corrections, does the corrections academy credits count as a "GPA" to potentially raise my overall GPA value higher above 2.0 in case I want to transfer down the line if I get called?
                                No, the academy has no bearing on your GPA.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5680 users online. 360 members and 5320 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X