300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kitemviv View Post
    Hey guys, I'm brand new to this site and I probably have some novice questions. In a nutshell I have 118 college credits from college but due to a clerical error (that I'm currently trying like hell to get fixed) my GPA fell below a 2.0. I took the 7323 exam anyway and got a 92. I did also attend a previous college and received a over 60 credit and 3.4 GPA. My question is could I just use that transcript or does it have to be the last east information I have? Thanks for reading guys.
    It is 60 credits.. and then a gpa of 2.0 gpa so how far below 2 did it drop? They would likely average your 3.4 into that so you may be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by FP0704 View Post

He was probably hired before 2007.
      crazy... cause that one day i saw him was around the year 2010..lol.. he was on Jamaica ave, looking at a surveillance tape, he was folding his arms... looking up at the screen... had a police uniform with tattoos and a Mohawk..lol

Comment

• Originally posted by stephen chu View Post

It is 60 credits.. and then a gpa of 2.0 gpa so how far below 2 did it drop? They would likely average your 3.4 into that so you may be good.
        someone told me u can have 60 credits, but u dont need the degree.. is that true,,, i have 64 credits, and a degree in criminal justice

Comment

• I need help.. i took exam number 7326 i scored a 70+ my 5 extra points.. 75,, i know i got a 75, and im Upset about it... i could have done better. However, with my 75.. would i get a Call from the NYPD? as of right now i work for DCAS, so i know a little here, and there about the Process, and what not. But, since i got a 75, im here getting a little upset.. do people who score 70-75 get called ? i am planning to take Exam number 7328, Should i, or just keep my 75, and just wait. I hear some people say if i take it again i can kiss Exam number 7326 Goodbye..it wont count anymore, and they'll go with exam 7328. the Problem is what if you Pass Exam 7326, and failed 7328.. would that be a mistake? or should i go ahead

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitarfiend

Yup that's true
            wow..lol.. so u can get 60 bullS#T CREDITS of any major... and a 3.0 ..lmao...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ishraq87 View Post

wow..lol.. so u can get 60 bullS#T CREDITS of any major... and a 3.0 ..lmao...
              2.0 you mean. The main requirement is to have 60 credits with a 2.0. Back then you don't even need credits, just a HS diploma.

Comment

I need help.. i took exam number 7326 i scored a 70+ my 5 extra points.. 75,, i know i got a 75, and im Upset about it... i could have done better. However, with my 75.. would i get a Call from the NYPD? as of right now i work for DCAS, so i know a little here, and there about the Process, and what not. But, since i got a 75, im here getting a little upset.. do people who score 70-75 get called ? i am planning to take Exam number 7328, Should i, or just keep my 75, and just wait. I hear some people say if i take it again i can kiss Exam number 7326 Goodbye..it wont count anymore, and they'll go with exam 7328. the Problem is what if you Pass Exam 7326, and failed 7328.. would that be a mistake? or should i go ahead
                If you think you can do better than a 70 I would say try it again. If you have time before your next exam I would definitely recommend Barron's police officer exam book. I have it and its very helpful. Its much harder than the NYPD exam in my opinion and should help you practice and get a better score. I got an 85 on their diagnostic exam and did much better on the NYPD exam so don't be discouraged if you don't do too well on their practice exam.
                NYPD 7323 -
                Score: 92.9% (01/14/17)
                List number: 3,6XX (10/03/17)
                CAS-5: 07/26/2019
                Medical: 08/01/2019 - Passed
                JST: 08/08/2019 - Passed 3:22
                Written psych: 08/14/2019
                Mini-Med: 08/21/2019
                BI : 08/28/2019
                Oral psych: 09/04/2019.. Cleared!! - 09/28/2019
                Got the Email!!! - 10/01/2019
                Currently Attending October 2019 Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by DDR1050 View Post

If you think you can do better than a 70 I would say try it again. If you have time before your next exam I would definitely recommend Barron's police officer exam book. I have it and its very helpful. Its much harder than the NYPD exam in my opinion and should help you practice and get a better score. I got an 85 on their diagnostic exam and did much better on the NYPD exam so don't be discouraged if you don't do too well on their practice exam.
                  hey thanks.. i use this http://www.policeprep.com/frame.htm it has all the old nypd exams..a lot of similar questions. 95% accurate. i paid 60, it'll last me for a whole year. check it out

Comment

hey thanks.. i use this http://www.policeprep.com/frame.htm it has all the old nypd exams..a lot of similar questions. 95% accurate. i paid 60, it'll last me for a whole year. check it out
                    I'm sure that could be good too! Any practice you can get is good practice.
                    NYPD 7323 -
                    Score: 92.9% (01/14/17)
                    List number: 3,6XX (10/03/17)
                    CAS-5: 07/26/2019
                    Medical: 08/01/2019 - Passed
                    JST: 08/08/2019 - Passed 3:22
                    Written psych: 08/14/2019
                    Mini-Med: 08/21/2019
                    BI : 08/28/2019
                    Oral psych: 09/04/2019.. Cleared!! - 09/28/2019
                    Got the Email!!! - 10/01/2019
                    Currently Attending October 2019 Academy

Comment

• Originally posted by DDR1050 View Post

I'm sure that could be good too! Any practice you can get is good practice.
                      yea, that's true

Comment

• Once again. For the 150 time:

you will begin processing with your 75 on exam 7326 before any other exam that comes after.

There is no correlation between score and getting hired. Only a small fraction of police candidates post on these forums and share information. As long as you pass everything, you will get hired with a 70.00 or higher

I mean come on. Why do people keep asking the same question

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post
                          Once again. For the 150 time:

you will begin processing with your 75 on exam 7326 before any other exam that comes after.

There is no correlation between score and getting hired. Only a small fraction of police candidates post on these forums and share information. As long as you pass everything, you will get hired with a 70.00 or higher

I mean come on. Why do people keep asking the same question
                          (i know bro, i'm sorry.. i'm just paranoid/ a little upset with my 75..) im taking the protest review, than im going to take exam 7328

Comment

(i know bro, i'm sorry.. i'm just paranoid/ a little upset with my 75..) im taking the protest review, than im going to take exam 7328
                            You realize the protest doesn't mean anything. And you realize that taking that test again is a complete waste of time and money right?

Comment

• Originally posted by steve88 View Post

You realize the protest doesn't mean anything. And you realize that taking that test again is a complete waste of time and money right?
                              ok. its final, ill stop stressing about it,, and just be happy with my 75, and wait.. i have to stop over thinking, my friend who is a detective said to me also " DUDE, YOU PASSED IT 75, IS GOOD, DONT TAKE IT AGAIN" He knew people who scored a 70, and are cops right now. i also just got my list number for a Special officer exam i took, got an 81, list number is 850... so ill just sit back and relax, and wait

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitarfiend

That makes no sense towards benefiting you. It's just gonna cost you money and clog up exam 7328. If you wanna be productive then work on getting consistent work for the next 2+ years. Because weather you received a 75% or 95% you'll be waiting that long for this exam. This question was answered well over 50 times in this forum alone. If you want to donate 40$ to the city then go for it, but please stop asking everyone if it's a good idea. We've hear it a million times for 3 months now and no...its not a good idea, even if you got held back in the process(THAT YOU WILL DEFINITELY START EVEN WITH YOUR 75) having another exam under your belt won't count for $hit until you current exam that you got a 75% on expires.
                                i guess your right.. right now i work for DCAS, so ill just wait with my 75.. my friend who is a Detective said, he knew people who are cops today that got a 70.. he told me my 75 is fine, and dont take it again..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5314 users online. 374 members and 4940 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X