300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NHF View Post

When did you sign up for the exam? I went online on Jan 4th to sign up and the seats were filled. Any idea when the next exam will be administered?
    I registered Dec 31st right before midnight

Comment

Originally posted by NHF View Post

When did you sign up for the exam? I went online on Jan 4th to sign up and the seats were filled. Any idea when the next exam will be administered?
      I just checked my confirmed exam and I am able to select quite a few dates to reschedule. Not sure if that's any help.

Comment

hey guys! I see a lot of eager and energized people with a lot of heart in this new thread you guys start- let me start of by saying that your score is irrelevant. as long as you passed you will be granted an opportunity to process for PO once apd reaches your exam. I was once in your shoes several years ago when I took my exam back in 2014; my exam is set to hopefully go in this april/july but there is no guarantee as classes were canceled a day prior to academy. apd is changing there ways of how they process candidates and what not. I can almost assure you that the earliest you can see yourself entering the screening stage is probably early to mid 2018__ that's only for processing.. don't forget that your exam is still been given out until the end of the month. you will only receive a list number within 6-9 months. from there on its a waiting game. its good to see young soul so eager as the last exam was given over 1 1/2 yrs ago. keep in mind that the 53xx are starting to process and have not started the academy yet. there are currently 12 exams ahead which were not even touched but will be this yr as well as older exams which is still in the back log. people are always being cleared of review whether is pysch, medical, bi etc so when they call a class- they start from the first oldest current exam and work there way down the list. the only strong advice I can give you is too sit back relax, go on with your lifes, work, school, whatever it may be, stay out of trouble, and forget that you even took this exam and let time take its toll... I was once in your shoes and it has been a long time I used to sit on the forms all night after work and counting down and saying gosh I wish I was going into this class when I used to read people posting back in the day ":I got the call" . apd used to call candidates for hire, now they email so its 'I got the email' but stay strong stay together and forget you took this exam and time will fly by with out you even realizing.... AND REMEBER.. ONLY 10% OF EACH EXAM WILL ACTUALLY MAKE IT FROM TEST TO ACADEMY. so if you have 5000k people who took this exam- maybe 500 would only get hired and then only 8% of that would actually graduate the class....

ALSO FORGOT TO ADD-- SHOULD ANY OF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS- CONTACT APD DIRECTLY OR OPEN UP AN ACCOUNT WITH NYPDTRAINEBOARD.COM that is an official NYPD forum and you will get live facts and updates directly from apd.
        NYPD EXAM 5310- October 2014
        Score: 85
        List: 6XX December, 2015
        APD-5:
        Medical:
        Written Psychological:
        Oral Psychological:
        BI Meet:
        JST:
        Mini Med:

Comment

Originally posted by jabbawockeez9 View Post

Honestly, we're on the same boat. I thought I would get at least a 95%, but was shocked when I saw that my score was actually an 88.23%.

Could it be that our scores are lower than they should be simply because it's a proposed answer key?
          I wonder if the final score will be 5-7 points higher than what's suggested at the moment?
          When you took the other 3 city test, did they give you your scores on the same day?
          If so, did your score change later on when you got your list number or official score?
          Or... is this the first computerized test you've taken under this new system?

I'm already scheduled to attend the Protest Review Session, so I can at least see what I got wrong and hopefully do better when I take the next exam. You should do the same.
          Yeah, I have a couple of excuses as to why I scored 85, I had a mildly upset stomach and I was sleep deprived. But in the end, if you know what 2+2 is, it doesn't matter if you're dying, you know the answer to that. So the way I see it is I got the wrong answers fair and square, plain and simple, I just picked the wrong answers. I was tryng to rush through it due to my stomach but that's my fault for eating too late at night the day before.

I think that's going to be our score buddy, plus any residency points, or veteran points if you were a veteran. I've taken all 4 exams under the same system and I haven't gotten my list numbers yet, my first exam ever was in October 2016. I just have my tentative scores printed out which I got the same day, two 95's and one 86, now this 85. The exam I was interested in the most I scored the lowest.

NHF, I can't seem to multi quote you on my tablet but to answer your questions, I signed up to the exam on the same day it became available on December 27th. I got an email around 12 something AM on Dec 27th from NYPD Recruit notifying me that the exam is up and I signed up immediately. Subscribe to the NYPD Recruit email to get notifications from them, they will send you automated emails when the exam is approaching and then when it becomes available. As far as when the next exam will be, on a DCAS pdf file for tentative exams that you can get from the DCAS website, it says that there's other PO exams this year, #7326 from 2/24 to 4/30 and #7328 from 4/26 to 6/30 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by achup View Post
            hey guys! I see a lot of eager and energized people with a lot of heart in this new thread you guys start- let me start of by saying that your score is irrelevant. as long as you passed you will be granted an opportunity to process for PO once apd reaches your exam. I was once in your shoes several years ago when I took my exam back in 2014; my exam is set to hopefully go in this april/july but there is no guarantee as classes were canceled a day prior to academy. apd is changing there ways of how they process candidates and what not. I can almost assure you that the earliest you can see yourself entering the screening stage is probably early to mid 2018__ that's only for processing.. don't forget that your exam is still been given out until the end of the month. you will only receive a list number within 6-9 months. from there on its a waiting game. its good to see young soul so eager as the last exam was given over 1 1/2 yrs ago. keep in mind that the 53xx are starting to process and have not started the academy yet. there are currently 12 exams ahead which were not even touched but will be this yr as well as older exams which is still in the back log. people are always being cleared of review whether is pysch, medical, bi etc so when they call a class- they start from the first oldest current exam and work there way down the list. the only strong advice I can give you is too sit back relax, go on with your lifes, work, school, whatever it may be, stay out of trouble, and forget that you even took this exam and let time take its toll... I was once in your shoes and it has been a long time I used to sit on the forms all night after work and counting down and saying gosh I wish I was going into this class when I used to read people posting back in the day ":I got the call" . apd used to call candidates for hire, now they email so its 'I got the email' but stay strong stay together and forget you took this exam and time will fly by with out you even realizing.... AND REMEBER.. ONLY 10% OF EACH EXAM WILL ACTUALLY MAKE IT FROM TEST TO ACADEMY. so if you have 5000k people who took this exam- maybe 500 would only get hired and then only 8% of that would actually graduate the class....

ALSO FORGOT TO ADD-- SHOULD ANY OF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS- CONTACT APD DIRECTLY OR OPEN UP AN ACCOUNT WITH NYPDTRAINEBOARD.COM that is an official NYPD forum and you will get live facts and updates directly from apd.
            That's good to hear, thanks. How's everything going for you so far?

Comment

I took it on the 3rd, scored a 95.294% however I leave for military training in February until late June. Not really sure when they plan to start reaching out to people.

Comment

Originally posted by 4gblueline View Post
                Finally! The next NYPD exam is here! Exam 7323. I'm scheduled to take it on the 7th in Brooklyn, best of luck to everyone taking this exam!
                I'm taking it today as well. Good luck !

Comment

Hey Everyone!

I'm new here, please go easy on me lol.

I took my exam this past Friday 1/6/17, received a score of 98.8xx, 104 if you include the 5 residency points.

I was just wondering... what is the next part of the process, and when can I expect it to begin? Is it possible that I will receive the call for my physical/medical/jst before I even receive my list number in 6 months, or am I going to have to wait until I receive my list number in 6 months or so before there's any action (phys,med,jst,psych, etc.)

I guess I am also wondering if my score will greatly impact my list number and perhaps by how much(guesstimates are much appreciated)?

Any and all information is much appreciated, and I really wish everyone the best of luck on their exams this month!

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan13157 View Post

I registered Dec 31st right before midnight
                    Surprisingly i was able to sign up yesterday, thank you and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCGNS View Post

I just checked my confirmed exam and I am able to select quite a few dates to reschedule. Not sure if that's any help.
                      I went on the system yesterday and was able to sign up, even though January 4 and 5th the system kept telling me that seats are full, thank you though, good luck on the test!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidTodd220 View Post
                        Hey Everyone!

I took my exam this past Friday 1/6/17, received a score of 98.8xx, 104 if you include the 5 residency points.

I was just wondering... what is the next part of the process, and when can I expect it to begin? Is it possible that I will receive the call for my physical/medical/jst before I even receive my list number in 6 months, or am I going to have to wait until I receive my list number in 6 months or so before there's any action (phys,med,jst,psych, etc.)

I guess I am also wondering if my score will greatly impact my list number and perhaps by how much(guesstimates are much appreciated)?

Any and all information is much appreciated, and I really wish everyone the best of luck on their exams this month!

Thanks everyone!
                        I took it today as well and got a 95%. After you get your list number in about 6 months, they will send u something else in the mail 2-6 months after. It's a big booklet to fill out and submit. Once you finish that, it'll take alittle bit for them to send u the stuff to start the process and meet an investigator. Figure like 12-18 months to start everything. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by DavidTodd220 View Post
                          Hey Everyone!

Thanks everyone!
                          Hey I'm pretty new here as well but I would just like to say that nobody really knows how long this new process will take and to just be patient and we will know what's next as soon as it happens.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Justina727 View Post

I took it today as well and got a 95%. After you get your list number in about 6 months, they will send u something else in the mail 2-6 months after. It's a big booklet to fill out and submit. Once you finish that, it'll take alittle bit for them to send u the stuff to start the process and meet an investigator. Figure like 12-18 months to start everything. Good luck
                            On the NYPD recruit Facebook page someone asked how long would it take to start the process and get hired and they responded with the same numbers you posted.

You guys have some fantastic scores. I take mine on the 22nd right after the MTA police exam.

Comment

Originally posted by k9works View Post
                              I took it on the 3rd, scored a 95.294% however I leave for military training in February until late June. Not really sure when they plan to start reaching out to people.
                              Are you considering enlisted or reserves? And what branch? I'm in the process of getting a tattoo removed which should be off by summer (when I graduate my bachelors). I was considering applying to Air Force or army reserve or guard as an officer and getting the training out of the way while waiting for my nypd number. I just know that officer applications can take a long time themselves, and am wondering if it would be better to hold off on that until I start the nypd process.

Any current reservists/cops that can weigh in?

Comment

Originally posted by KLJG View Post

Yeah, I have a couple of excuses as to why I scored 85, I had a mildly upset stomach and I was sleep deprived. But in the end, if you know what 2+2 is, it doesn't matter if you're dying, you know the answer to that. So the way I see it is I got the wrong answers fair and square, plain and simple, I just picked the wrong answers. I was tryng to rush through it due to my stomach but that's my fault for eating too late at night the day before.

I think that's going to be our score buddy, plus any residency points, or veteran points if you were a veteran. I've taken all 4 exams under the same system and I haven't gotten my list numbers yet, my first exam ever was in October 2016. I just have my tentative scores printed out which I got the same day, two 95's and one 86, now this 85. The exam I was interested in the most I scored the lowest.

NHF, I can't seem to multi quote you on my tablet but to answer your questions, I signed up to the exam on the same day it became available on December 27th. I got an email around 12 something AM on Dec 27th from NYPD Recruit notifying me that the exam is up and I signed up immediately. Subscribe to the NYPD Recruit email to get notifications from them, they will send you automated emails when the exam is approaching and then when it becomes available. As far as when the next exam will be, on a DCAS pdf file for tentative exams that you can get from the DCAS website, it says that there's other PO exams this year, #7326 from 2/24 to 4/30 and #7328 from 4/26 to 6/30 2017.
                                Thank you for all that info, I was lucky enough to be able to register on the 6th and scheduled to take the exam on the 21st, there were quite a few spots available in both locations Brooklyn and Manhattan, not sure why on Jan 4th, and 5th the system was telling me that the seats are full, most likely some seats got dropped.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9582 users online. 439 members and 9143 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X