300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chris89 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if exam #7323 is the first exam given by the NYPD to be computerized?
    chris89- No, this is not the first computerized PO exam they've administered. DCAS has been administering computerized versions for a while now.
    Last edited by LuckyNYC88; 01-31-2017, 03:54 PM.
    NYPD Exam 7323: 103.8%

Comment

• There are 10 exams prior to this one. I believe the second or third just got the letters for medical. So there will definitely be a significant wait

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckyNYC88 View Post

chris89- No, this is not the first computerized PO exam they've administered. DCAS has been administering computerized versions for a while now.

Ok thank you for answering that.

As far as all the comments saying there will be a very long wait, well, you really cant say that definitively. To my knowledge, the last exam given by the NYPD prior to 7323, was in June 2015. Since then, they have hired around 3,000 police officers, which indicates they have processed and cleared a sizeable amount of applicants.

For the NYPD to say they want to hire within 12-18 months of an exam, says to me they have changed a lot of how they process candidates.

I think us who took exam 7323, shouldn't be discouraged by thinking it will be multiple years before even begin processing, but maintain a level of sobriety and have in mind that there is a possibility of it taking longer than what NYPD is claiming.

Also face the reality that the lower you score, the longer you wait, as it is with all civil service.

Ultimately, only time will tell.
        “He who says he can and he who says he can't, are both usually right.”

Comment

• I've emailed APD and they told me, the estimated time from passing the test to academy is 18 months at the minimum, but to expect greater.

I believe we'll probably start the process in the first quarter of 2018 at the earliest, if all goes well with the all the test before ours.
          NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
          List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
          CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
          Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
          Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
          Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
          BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
          JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
          Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
          Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

• Mmmmm they need to hire vets first on these test. On a side note most of the people I saw taking this test need to start running. I don't think they would make it a mile let alone a timed mile.

NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 95.29 VETERAN
            List number:
            APD5:
            Medical:
            Written psych:
            Oral psych:
            BI:
            JST:
            Mini-Med:

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGSXR View Post
              Mmmmm they need to hire vets first on these test. On a side note most of the people I saw taking this test need to start running. I don't think they would make it a mile let alone a timed mile.

NYPD Exam #7323

List number:
              APD5:
              Medical:
              Written psych:
              Oral psych:
              BI:
              JST:
              Mini-Med:
              That's why veterans get the extra points that they earned from their service

btw you should research the NYPD agility. It's a freaking joke

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitarfiend

Well the fact that I'm from Long Island and my 94.1% will stay a raw score and a vet from the city can get an 85% and still be higher than me with their curve to a 95% pretty much says that they have enough of a leg up on everyone else as it is. And generally yea a lot of the people that take the exam and prepare for the JST aren't in great shape but if you've seen the 5th grade obstacle course that is the JST and your in even moderately okay shape you will pass with ease.
                not complaining but they should make the test like mtapd a lot of people cant run 1.5 miles
                NYPD Exam 7323-
                Answer Key Score: 94.2
                List # 8xx

MTAPD Exam Date: 1/22/17
                Results 4/10/17: PASS

NYCDOC Exam 7322-
                Answer Key Score: 96.25
                Medical: Passed
                Written Psych:
                Agility Test:
                Oral Psych
                BI:

Comment

• Guys can anyone explain the salary? I mean for newly officers it's around 42k gross. But i want to know NET salary per week/month after taxes etc. Does anyone know how much the take-home for new officers?

Comment

• Originally posted by tfnsylmz View Post
                    Guys can anyone explain the salary? I mean for newly officers it's around 42k gross. But i want to know NET salary per week/month after taxes etc. Does anyone know how much the take-home for new officers?
                    Well as with any job, that's based on how many dependents you claim on your W4.

You are also guaranteed to work OT once you graduate. Friend of mine graduated the NYPD academy late 2015 and grossed 70-75k with OT in 2016.

So no one can really tell you what the net pay would be, except an accountant that knows all your info.
                    “He who says he can and he who says he can't, are both usually right.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris89 View Post

Well as with any job, that's based on how many dependents you claim on your W4.

You are also guaranteed to work OT once you graduate. Friend of mine graduated the NYPD academy late 2015 and grossed 70-75k with OT in 2016.

So no one can really tell you what the net pay would be, except an accountant that knows all your info.
                      Meh; I wouldn't say guaranteed to have overtime. Especially since I doubt this list will get ready to hire until 2019. Lot of things can happen between now and then.

To that ofher guy: just keep doing what you're doing, keep looking for a better job, don't get arrested, and don't put al your eggs in 1 basket

Comment

• Hello all. So I work for the NYPD as a civilian currently. The officers I work with tell me every passing score will get a call, it goes from highest scoring to lowest. It might take a year or two but if you pass you will get the call. Stay out of trouble, do push ups sit ups and start running because the academy is no joke. They are supposed to streamline the process but who knows.
                        (I scored a 94 on the exam.)And guys a lot of people who take the test drop out, stop the process, quit at the academy.
                        be patient. So far all my colleagues love their job. Hang in there and let's support one another, we could be working together one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGSXR View Post
                          Mmmmm they need to hire vets first on these test. On a side note most of the people I saw taking this test need to start running. I don't think they would make it a mile let alone a timed mile.

NYPD Exam #7323

List number:
                          APD5:
                          Medical:
                          Written psych:
                          Oral psych:
                          BI:
                          JST:
                          Mini-Med:
                          Don't worry the academy will take care of that. So many people think the academy will get them in shape and they will be in for a rude awakening because so many can't even run 4 laps of a 16 min mile and a half.

Comment

• Does your credit score matters for the Nypd ? I had a very rough times this past few years and my credit took a hit. I'm still paying some collections bill. Would that matter at all ?

Comment

• They look at your history. You have to bring your investigator a full report when you meet them. They primarily care about deliqquency, judgements; failure to pay. If it's a pattern it will probably be an issue but if you have a good track record from now on, it doesn't look as bad. You just have to pay something. Even paying less than minimum is better than not paying at all

Comment

• I took the exam on January 27th and scored an 89.41%. No vet pref and no residency pref. I wonder how long I will be waiting before I hear back from NYPD. I know those in the 90s will hear back before me but I am wondering if it I will hear at least some time this year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7481 users online. 396 members and 7085 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X