300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tactical1 View Post
    I HIGHLY doubt they will call people who scored a 70. There will be thousands of people on this list, they will not go thru all of them before they get to the next test. theres got to be a cut off interms of score and list number...what that cut off is we dont know.
    that's what I figured. Say there are 5000 people, maybe only top X amount move on and then onto the next list.

Comment

• Hey guys I'm new to this. I scored a 84 on my test. Any luck on getting called?

Comment

• Guys first thing you should do is take some time read back on this forum and you can find your answer. Everyone will be canvassed not all will be selected for hire..
        NYS University Police: 80%
        NYS Parks Police: 80%
        NYPD: 102.6%
        NYC Sheriff: 97.6%

"It drops deep as it does in my breath
        I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death
        Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined
        I think of crime when I'm in a New York State of Mind" -Nasir Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Behindthewalls88 View Post
          Guys first thing you should do is take some time read back on this forum and you can find your answer. Everyone will be canvassed not all will be selected for hire..
          Seriously.

i mean it's only the largest police department in the United States that hires ~2,000 per year. They will continue to do everything their way which is processing every single person with a 70 or higher. They need and want a constant flow of candidates. Plus you would be surprised how many people fail the exam, don't respond to canvass, fail part of the process, disqualified, withdraw, resign at academy.

That 5,000 candidates is probably cut down to 4500 by now

Comment

• Good Morning Guys, I feel sad because I could not pass the exam, I was very sick, I could not concentrate. I went to the restroom 3 times during the exam.
            I scored 69.2%. I am planing to take it again in march, This score will affect me in the future?

Comment

• Any1 know an estimate on how many officers retire yearly?

Comment

• Originally posted by rposada View Post
                Any1 know an estimate on how many officers retire yearly?
                theres so much more to it than just retirement. Termination in and off probation, failing academy, quitting because the job isn't what they expected, leaving for other departments and stuff like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitarfiend

That's incorrect. Everyone who passes (70 or higer) will at the very least be looked at and canvassed as stated before. They can go through the medical as well as psychological as well as the JST and yet there's technically no job promises still. I got a 94% with no residency credits and I'll definitely get canvassed but there's still no 100% chance that even if I pass all the steps that I'll get hired. Back in the day they had just one big police exam for house police as well as nypd. They would 'bind' certain boundaries of scores together (93-100, 87-93, etc) and they would determine where you went off that... nowadays they will literally go through the entire list or at least try to go through it until the last possible minute that the list stays active before the nypd goes on to the next list. In other words exam 7323 will get be processed entirely before moving on to the march list... authority's are exempt from having to do this since they are private agencies. MTA, port authority, etc. they can literally just pick people that got 95% and above on each exam list and just call it a day.
                  Hope that clarifies some things for you

any more questions just ask
                  It's not because they are "authorities" or private agencies. It's just the needs of the department. Just like NCPD and SCPD. All of those departments don't have to go through an entire list to find qualified candidates that passed all the steps. NYPD does because their needs are tremendous compared to the others

Comment

• ANNOUNCEMENT!!! Anyone with a score of less than 90 before residency points will not get the call.
                    Exam # 2326
                    List # 29**
                    APD-5: Completed 01/14
                    Medical: Completed 03/14
                    Written Psych: completed 05/14
                    BI: Completed 5/14
                    Oral Psych Completed 06/14
                    JST: 11/2014 Completed (3:31)
                    Mini med: 12/09/2014 completed

"I'm in no rush to get there first, because the end of their goals are the beginning of mine"

Comment

• Originally posted by IM-so-NY View Post
                      ANNOUNCEMENT!!! Anyone with a score of less than 90 before residency points will not get the call.
                      where'd you hear this from?

Comment

ANNOUNCEMENT!!! Anyone with a score of less than 90 before residency points will not get the call.
                        The City of New York will like to thank you for your attempt to obtain more revenue.
                        NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
                        List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
                        CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
                        Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
                        Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
                        Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
                        BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
                        JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
                        Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
                        Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

• Has anyone thought of this?

Maybe the NYPD goes through the whole list, because many people think they are qualified, but they are not. When I took my exam, it looked like the group was mostly teenagers and people who don't look the part.

Do some of you think a person with a 95% that goes to all parts of the recruitment unprofessionally will get a job, over a person with an 85% that does the recruitment professionally? The question is rhetorical.

Also, if anyone that follows NYPD recruit social media accounts, you can see they are trying to recruit more minorities and female officers. The mayor wants more diversity on the force.

Eveyone has to try to relax and wait for the process to start.
                          Last edited by Bronxboy; 01-30-2017, 01:37 PM.
                          NYPD Exam #7323

Score: 90.88 (01/14/17)
                          List number: 4,8xx (10/03/17)
                          CAS-5 (APD): (10/11/17) Done ✅
                          Medical: (11/02/17) Done ✅
                          Oral psych: (04/11/18) Review, Cleared (06/21/18) ✅
                          Written psych: (02/21/18) Done ✅
                          BI: (02/09/18) Done ✅
                          JST: (02/28/18) Done ✅
                          Mini-Med: (05/16/18) Done ✅

JST (retake): (08/27/18) Done ✅
                          Mini-Med (retake): (07/30/18) Done ✅

Hire email: 10/20/18

Comment

Is this real?
                            NYPD Police Officer Exam 7323-1033
                            Taken: 01/13/2017
                            List number: 5xxx
                            Cas 5: December 2017

Initial medical: 1/19/2018 (passed)
                            BI Interview: 02/23/2018 (?)
                            Social Media Check: 02/23/2018 (passed)
                            Written Pysch: 05/10/2018
                            Oral Psych: 05/24/2018
                            JST: 06/25/2018 (cancelled rescheduled)
                            JST: 07/16/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldspice17 View Post

Is this real?
                              There is no announcement that below 90 will not get the call. I have asked a police before and he said anyone above 70 will get call. It is just the matter how high the score you get. They will go down the list start from the highest. The person making the announcement is not a police so no clue where he get this info tho.
                              Last edited by ZHENG11; 01-30-2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Took 7323 1/27/17. Score of 92. Do I get called?
                                Last edited by EBC90; 01-30-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9681 users online. 472 members and 9209 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X