300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good luck!!!
    Last edited by dman65spree; 03-08-2019, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Being that many of you have already gone through the process do you think because I received an underage drinking ticket when I was 18 (appeared, plead guilty paid 50$ fine) will that disqualify me from becoming a police officer? (NYPD) . Upon the estimated time of hire, it will be 3-4 in the past.

Sorry for double post and edit still figuring out how to use this site properly.

Thank you all

Comment

• nickyrisky
        nickyrisky commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not easy to tell. It all depends on the Psych you have! They don't like underage drinking and may see that as a problem. They might hound you in the Oral Psych. I had an excessive speeding ticket from when I was 17 and got DQ even tho it's 8 almost 9 years later. I owned up to everything and said I was young and dumb but my Psych didn't care. They don't care that it was in the past. I hope this helps and Goodluck!

• is it an issue if you are in collection due to credit cards?

Comment

• Originally posted by davemejia View Post
        is it an issue if you are in collection due to credit cards?
        That can be a big problem if you have a alot of debt. Beause to them it shows that you can manage your own life, your BI could put you on review for that. Explain very clear why you having this issued.

Comment

• davemejia
          davemejia commented
          Editing a comment
          It was only like 400 but i just paid it off today i emailed my BI, told him ill be getting a confirmation letter in 10 days and i would submit it to him.

• Does everybody get that loan in the academy or do they check your credit score first and all?
        Last edited by davemejia; 03-11-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Hey, does anyone have an idea about how are the hours format at the academy? As far as at what time we go in the morning and leave. And in the afternoon as well.
          Last edited by S.R2495; 03-12-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• What can i expect with my upcoming mini medical? Do they test for Alcohol?

Comment

• LukeSW
              LukeSW commented
              Editing a comment
              No, they do not test for alcohol as there is no blood or breathalyzer tests. So feel free to pound a few jagerbombs at 6AM before heading there. Just don't talk or look at anyone and instead use sign-language.

• S.R2495
              S.R2495 commented
              Editing a comment
              The mini medical is relatively short, light paperwork and take what they ask for, I believe is a copy of your license. Be there ON TIME, not 5 minutes late. After the paperwork is done, you get to go home.

• davemejia
              davemejia commented
              Editing a comment
              Does hookah show in mini med?

• SVO1983
              SVO1983 commented
              Editing a comment
              yes hookah shows up in the drug test. hookah has been known to have negative effects in your health

What can i expect with my upcoming mini medical? Do they test for Alcohol?
            They will take some hair from anywhere in your body lol. And refreshed the same paper work you did on your initial medical. And about the hookah as long as it doesn't contain any type of drug you will be fine.

Comment

• Is it possible that they might have a July class? Or it’s going to be in the Fall because of the recent April class going in.

Comment

• kharennn
                kharennn commented
                Editing a comment
                Upcoming class is April, next one is July

• Is it true there are two shifts in the academy like a morning class and a afternoon class? could you switch shifts if you are not happy with the one they assigned you?
              Last edited by davemejia; 03-22-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kharennn View Post
                Are you guys cleared from the oral psych? Jg1118, nickyrisky

I mentioned in a different post: I did my oral a week 1/2 ago, but still under psych review with no additional requirements (records/transcripts/docs). I heard that psych review is an automatic status up to 2 weeks post interview, but I can never be too sure anymore.
                Yes I did get cleared from the oral psych kharennn

Comment

• randomF15
                  randomF15 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey, quick question so basically you got cleared in less than a month? I had psych interview last November and since then psych kept requesting additional documents and I was back in placed on review on the first week of Feb and still on review.. Do you know if I will be cleared before hire email goes out? I have done every process and took 2nd mini a few weeks ago.

• I’m in the academy now(October class) squad A is 0637x1500 and squad B is 1537x2400

Comment

• Originally posted by randomF15 View Post
                  Hey, quick question so basically you got cleared in less than a month? I had psych interview last November and since then psych kept requesting additional documents and I was back in placed on review on the first week of Feb and still on review.. Do you know if I will be cleared before hire email goes out? I have done every process and took 2nd mini a few weeks ago.
                  I can’t give you a definite answer because everyone’s case is different. Some people are on psych review for 2 weeks, 1 month, 2months, or more. You could be off it by the end of the week. If you want just call APD and check your status. Their going to start sending out emails April 1 and until the weekend before the start day of the Academy.

Comment

• randomF15
                    randomF15 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, hope I get cleared before they send emails.

Is it true there are two shifts in the academy like a morning class and a afternoon class? could you switch shifts if you are not happy with the one they assigned you?
                  There are two tours in the academy, days (0700x1500) and nights (1500x000). The academy will assign you to a tour and you go from there. Good luck getting it switched. As a brand new boot just starting the academy that's not the best coarse of action, especially in a job where they will be telling you what to work for the next 25 years.

Both tours have their good and bad. I was assigned to days when I went through and had to wake up at 3:30am in order to get there on time. Night tour I'm assuming is just a long day by the time you finally get to sleep but is probably a little easier on the sleep schedule. I went through back when the academy was in Manhattan.
                  "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

• So what are you planning on doing if you get solid midnights as your first tour out of the academy? Complain? Demand a day shift? You are in for a very long and hard life if you are already whining about shifts...
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9799 users online. 461 members and 9338 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X