X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReneeS23 April 15 is the tentative date

Comment

• Originally posted by ReneeS23 View Post
      Does anyone know if they have a set date for the April academy yet?
      April 15

Comment

• Anyone have dr. Jeremy Thies????

Comment

• CH24
          CH24 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have him

• Anyone get the email for the april class ?

Comment

• Geno2704
          Geno2704 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe the first wave of emails go out late March

• Hey guys,
        I have been going through the process since July. My Exam is 7323 List 82**. I took my initial medical in July then my JST, WRITTEN PSYCH AND ORAL PSYCH in November. I passed everything but Oral Psych. I was on discontinue because my Doctors did not fax all my medical records they asked for and asked my Psych if she received it but never answered me. When I found out I was on discontinue I finally got a hold of my Psych and just got all my medical records in 2 weeks ago that she asked for and got an email saying she received everything and there is nothing further for me to fax over. She asked for medical records because of a speeding ticket I got when I was 17. (speeding ticket was over 100 mph) I am 25 now and have not received any moving violations since then. It was a stupid mistake when I was young. How long do you think I will be on review and do you think there's even a chance of them clearing me? again it was 8 years ago when i was 17. Never been on meds or has therapy

Comment

• nickyrisky
          nickyrisky commented
          Editing a comment
          Also you think if i do get cleared i will have a chance for the april class

• Received NOPD (Notice of the proposed disqualification. My dream comes to an end..................Good Luck All...

Comment

• nickyrisky
          nickyrisky commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Luck on your future

• Jg1118
          Jg1118 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Luck and Wish you the best.

• Mario180
          Mario180 commented
          Editing a comment
          How long after your Psych did they send the NOPD. Also good luck out there

• Hopefully they start sending out emails in mid-March.

Comment

• Geno2704
          Geno2704 commented
          Editing a comment
          You think there’s a chance for that early?

• Jg1118
          Jg1118 commented
          Editing a comment
          If not the last week of March

• Geno2704
          Geno2704 commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought it would be in April like a week before, but I like mid March idea!

• Originally posted by NYPD-MM View Post
        Received NOPD (Notice of the proposed disqualification. My dream comes to an end..................Good Luck All...
        It sucks for sure. Just make sure you withdrawn if you do not wish no appeal so you dont get "DQ".

Comment

• How do i get the CAS 67 form I dont see it on the nypd site

Comment

• runs are a joke. however if you are a fat body you will have a hard time. its kinda sad to see how many fat bodies are in the academy right now, specially the january class...
            stay humble

Comment

• S.R2495
              S.R2495 commented
              Editing a comment
              It might sound mean, but they also have a point. To pretty much begin working out(hard), and be in the best shape that you can be.

• vicparedes93
              vicparedes93 commented
              Editing a comment
              I understand that some things that are easy for me can be difficult for others. Ive been in the academy for 2 months and not once have I made fun of anyone that is out of shape. You are absolutely right that we need to stick together and as a company we have done nothing but try and build each other up, I want everyone to pass and be the best person they can be at the end of the day. However, no one is drafted into the NYPD, this is something YOU signed up for. With that being said there really isn't an excuse to come into the academy a slob and if you think 6 months is gonna get you into shape its not. Imagine being out of shape and having to run up 6 flights of stairs to deal with an EDP that is ready to fight you, you're gonna be winded and that guy is gonna get over on you. Your putting your life or your partners life in jeopardy being out of shape.

• malveeka91
              malveeka91 commented
              Editing a comment
              I understand what you mean and I agree some people should have prepared more than others but you don’t know what has happened in peoples lives. Maybe their parent was sick, maybe they worked nights and it was hard for them to prepare in enough time, maybe something else was going on that took time away from that. Now i’m not saying make an excuse for not working out, but we don’t know what goes on in everyones lives. With that being said my main point was you have to stick together as a company. It makes an already stressful time more stressful.

• malveeka91
              malveeka91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sidenote: I think the academy is the last place to talk about health and wellness. Have you seen half our police force? Lmao

• Originally posted by armypostal vet View Post
            How do i get the CAS 67 form I dont see it on the nypd site
            The 3 67 are usually give during the initial medical

Comment

• who do you call for an update on my status?

Comment

• Jg1118
                Jg1118 commented
                Editing a comment
                718-312-4109

• Jg1118
                Jg1118 commented
                Editing a comment
                that's CAD main number.

• nickyrisky
                nickyrisky commented
                Editing a comment
                thank you!

• kharennn
                kharennn commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you guys cleared from the oral psych? Jg1118, nickyrisky

I mentioned in a different post: I did my oral a week 1/2 ago, but still under psych review with no additional requirements (records/transcripts/docs). I heard that psych review is an automatic status up to 2 weeks post interview, but I can never be too sure anymore.

• received NOPD through email not sure if I want to appeal or withdraw ... Good luck to all

Comment

• kharennn
                kharennn commented
                Editing a comment
                nickyrisky
                ignore my last message!
                how long ago did you take the Oral Psych?

• Originally posted by nickyrisky View Post
              received NOPD through email not sure if I want to appeal or withdraw ... Good luck to all
              Well that disappoint to hear. Take a week to thinking about before making a decicion. Appeal will cost around 4k to 5k to be honest with you. Iam pretty much using all the money i save up for the academy. Good luck.

Comment

• nickyrisky
                nickyrisky commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea I decided to appeal. I don't want to have to wonder those what-ifs years from now. If it works out it works out Thanks!

• xknuckles
                xknuckles commented
                Editing a comment
                always appeal! if you withdraw it doesnt look too good! Im currently in the process of a DQ for background. Hired Kevin Sheerin

• IF APD is telling us they have "not utilized all of 7323 but only anticipate utilizing 7326 for April", does that mean 7323 will not be called?

Comment

• Geno2704
                Geno2704 commented
                Editing a comment
                7323 would have to be finished, in order for 7326 to be called for April

• S.R2495
                S.R2495 commented
                Editing a comment
                They will be utilizing 7323 as well.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8108 users online. 315 members and 7793 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X