Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the CAS-19, where are we supposed to put in contact info for our supervisors? I know the top left is for the addresses, but I don't see where we can put info for supervisors.

Comment

• Dyork20
      Dyork20 commented
      Editing a comment
      You dont need to. Only company name and address etc. The details of your current supervisor you already provided them on your CAS-5 and at the initial medical if im not mistaken

• For those of you who took the JST in the morning what time roughly did you get to leave? Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Dyork20
      Dyork20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Around 10 the latest, as soon as you finish you can leave. Since they do tutoring at 11 am they finish before that time.

• Quick questions for the labels. For civil service exams, what do we use for the address? Is it the address of the building where we took the exam or the address of the agency the exam is for? Also, do we need to bring in death certificates? I ask because in the e-mail from my investigator, the excel spreadsheet checklist says nothing about death certificates, but the ms word document says we do, so which one is it? Also, how long can the BI interview last, assuming you have all the forms/ copies and everything is done correctly?

Comment

• subiesnax
      subiesnax commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't have to bring any death certificates. I didn't require any labels. Each investigator is different but based on what yours is requiring it might take more time. You'll have more forms to fill out there, which is what will take up the time. Mine took about 2 hours.

• wavyep94
      wavyep94 commented
      Editing a comment
      I put down the name of the exam I took and the address on the building I took it but when I showed to meet my BI he said he didn't need it because he did it already. For the death certificate, every BI asks for different documents so your best bet is to email him/her and make sure. Take it incase and make a copy of it aswell. How long does it take? Depends, my appt was at 8 am,showed up at 740, gave him the paperwork he asked for, asked some questions regarding accidents etc. Made me write statements for EVERYTHING! like we did on the medical. After I finished all the paper work made me sign a paper stating I need to bring a accident report from 2015. After that, I went for social media check. I left at 1030.

• Originally posted by Dyork20 View Post
    They dont ask but for your BI Interview you need to have the 45 since they ask for your offical transcript and 60 when is time for hire. If you dont think you can just put it on hold until you get them.
    I'm doing the FEMA credits.. I'll have 45 by then. But my medical is on the 22nd and I didn't want to put it on hold. Just wanted to make sure if they check for it or not.

Comment

• subiesnax
      subiesnax commented
      Editing a comment
      They didn't check transcripts for my medical either. But again, everyone's medical, BI interviews, etc. are different so I wouldn't take a chance and not have the transcript showing 45 credits and lie on the paperwork you fill out saying you do.

• wavyep94
      wavyep94 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't check, just have it for your BI interview. I also got my remaining credits through Fema but used charter oak which was way cheaper than Federick

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      I went in with 39 credits, but now have 45 still going through the process

• Jake1498
      Jake1498 commented
      Editing a comment
      wavyep94 When you sent the credits from charter oak did they give you a problem with them not having a GPA?

• hi, I just received my initial medical appointment. can someone tell me the medical center's address and what papers should I need the day of exam.
    thanks.

Comment

• Oldspice17
      Oldspice17 commented
      Editing a comment
      “Facepalm”

• Miller123
      Miller123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Once they confirm a date for your appointment they send all the info in the email. Everythiiiiinnnggg is in the email.

• subiesnax
      subiesnax commented
      Editing a comment
      Has anyone noticed that as the list numbers go higher, the questions being asked are more and more silly. facepalm* x2

• Jkim_1
      Jkim_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      subiesnax LMAO so true.... pretty soon you’re gonna have the 10000+ list number candidates asking if their experimentation of PCP at the age of 18 would DQ them and if they reach the psych phase, they’d answer “yes” to a question like “I’ve thought about hurting myself before”. Smh... but I suppose every profession has its candidates that simply don’t belong.

• Originally posted by mdthowhed View Post
    hi, i just received my initial medical appointment. Can someone tell me the medical center's address and what papers should i need the day of exam.
    Thanks.
    make sure you read your emails. It says it nice and big on it "please read"

Comment

• is anyone getting started on their initial medical tomorrow?

Comment

• I read the email, it says my medical at 235 E 20th st in Manhattan 22 Feb at 3 pm. I’m worried because I know the medical division in Rego park Queens, but my appointment at Manhattan. Can anyone tell what’s the difference between 20th st Manhattan and the Rago park Queens.
        Thanks

Comment

• subiesnax
          subiesnax commented
          Editing a comment
          Follow the instructions given to you. Why would they give you false information on where to go? Seriously. This is silly. And if you kept up with the department you would know that 235 E. 20th is the OLD academy location which became the NEW building to process candidates when the new academy opened in College Point. Going to Lefrak for your medical is a thing of the past.

• Franco2094
          Franco2094 commented
          Editing a comment
          If they put you on review then you’ll have to go to Rego Park. Otherwise, every part of the process will be in downtown Manhattan at the candidate assessment center

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          I heard rego park location was closed

• Originally posted by mdthowhed View Post
        I read the email, it says my medical at 235 E 20th st in Manhattan 22 Feb at 3 pm. I’m worried because I know the medical division in Rego park Queens, but my appointment at Manhattan. Can anyone tell what’s the difference between 20th st Manhattan and the Rago park Queens.
        Thanks
        Just follow everything the email says. Its pretty straight forward.

Comment

• Hey guys I’m going for my initial interview this week, does anyone anyone know if the investigator calls all of our references or just the 3 telephone reference sheet ones?
          I also see we have to initial each section of the CAS-5 should I do this before my interview? Thanks

Comment

• Jro319
            Jro319 commented
            Editing a comment
            My investigator told me he would only call one of the three references from the APD 67 forms. I initialed the CAS-5 when I met him in the office. Good luck!

• Anybody know the number to call regarding information relating to psych interviews? The only number I was able to find was for APD.

Comment

• Dyork20
            Dyork20 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats the number then listen to the options. Is 3 for psych department

• Anyone know when more oral dates will go out? Have every thing done but oral and mini med the anxiousness is Killen me

Comment

• Dyork20
            Dyork20 commented
            Editing a comment
            Check the Apd forum for updates. Mini med dates are unknown at the moment

• For the forms online can you use a pen to fill it out

Comment

• subiesnax
            subiesnax commented
            Editing a comment
            You're supposed to type them in before you print them out.

• Do the investigators keep all of your original documents or do you get to walk out with them at the end of the interview? I ask because the very next day after my BI interview, I will need my original birth certificate and social security card for something else.

Comment

• A300!
            A300! commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the input. Since this is considered an "interview," will I be asked questions like why do you want the job or is it more about getting the forms in order and taking care of the fingerprints?

• Jro319
            Jro319 commented
            Editing a comment
            They ask questions based on most of the info you included in the CAS-5. All answers should be answered honestly because that's what the investigator does.....investigates! They will find out one way or another. Besides the forms already typed up, they give you another stack of forms that you have to hand write. Again, a lot of the info required is repetitive so it should be easy enough.

• A300!
            A300! commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the response. Just out of curiosity, what other forms will I need to fill out when I arrive? Between CAS-5 and all the other forms we had to fill out after the medical, I don't know what other information they could ask of me.

• Jro319
            Jro319 commented
            Editing a comment
            It was forms that needed long answers. i.e. "do you have any piercings"...your answer should be "yes or no, i do/do not have any piercings." My investigator was adamant in making sure my answers were complete and not just "yes/no" because the Sargent would give back to fix. So it's A LOT of the same info from the CAS-5. Most hand written forms were repetitive questions from the CAS-5. You can just copy what you wrote on your CAS-5 as long as it's in a complete sentence. Don't worry too much, it should be a breeze as long as everything is typed, you have all original docs plus copies, and the labels.

• Wondering what the hold up is to meet with my investigator for the initial interview.. my list is 52xx.. anyone else past that step with a similar list #.?? ..

Comment

• Dyork20
            Dyork20 commented
            Editing a comment
            If they havent gotten in touch with you after a month call Apd and ask.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6114 users online. 446 members and 5668 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X