300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jayblue View Post

see! as bronxboy said youre good. Just practice a bit relax get a good nights rest and youll be good !

Great ! thanks guys. was just a little nervous they had messed up. I got the barron's 8th edition study book. been working on practice tests and been doing well. so i guess we will see how it goes. i'm hoping i can get on the job. would love it.
    Nassau County Sherrif's Department
    Test # 66-243

Criminal Background: Complete 4/26/2014
    BI: Completed
    Conditional Offer: 4/29/16
    Written Psych & EKG: Completed 9/21/16
    Oral Psych: Passed
    Medical: 9/30/16 Passed
    Physical Agility: Passed 11/15/16

NYPD 7323

Score: 87.059%
    List number: ?
    APD: ?
    Medical: ?
    Oral psych: ?
    Written psych: ?
    BI: ?
    JST: ?
    Mini-Med: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by NC109 View Post

Great ! thanks guys. was just a little nervous they had messed up. I got the barron's 8th edition study book. been working on practice tests and been doing well. so i guess we will see how it goes. i'm hoping i can get on the job. would love it.
      no worried youre welcome. The questions are honestly really repetitive. just pay attention to what they are asking. over all if you did some practice tests youre prepared. Once you take the test its just a waiting game.

Comment

• question guys, any particular website where i can take practice exams??

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannydr23 View Post
          question guys, any particular website where i can take practice exams??
          The NYPD Recruit website has two practice test. That's how I prepared for the test. Also the test isn't that hard. I had been awake for 30 hours and hadn't eaten anything the whole day when I took it and I still got a 94.
          NYPD Exam #7323

✅(01-17-17) Score: 99.12
          ✅(10-03-17) List number: 7xx
          ✅(10-13-17) Process: Put on Hold
          ✅(05-12-18) Process: Resumed
          ✅(05-12-18) CAS-5: Completed
          ✅(05-21-18) Medical: Completed
          ✅(06-11-18) JST: Passed (3:20)
          ✅(07-19-18) BI: Completed
          ✅(08-02-18) Written psych: Completed
          ✅(08-02-18) Mini-Med: Completed
          ✅(08-06-18) Oral Psych: Completed
          ✅(10-15-18) Hire Email: Received

Comment

• its a civil service entrance exam- if you fail that exam, you should revisit the career of being LEO as the academy academics are 1000x harder, not to mention you will be required to take 3 and pass all 3 or less you are forced to resign
            NYPD EXAM 5310- October 2014
            Score: 85
            List: 6XX December, 2015
            APD-5:
            Medical:
            Written Psychological:
            Oral Psychological:
            BI Meet:
            JST:
            Mini Med:

Comment

• Originally posted by achup View Post
              its a civil service entrance exam- if you fail that exam, you should revisit the career of being LEO as the academy academics are 1000x harder, not to mention you will be required to take 3 and pass all 3 or less you are forced to resign
              With that being said, it's always good to prepare so that you get the best possible score you can. I personally rather prepare for that exam and get in the 90's, rather than go in cold and get in the 70's/80's. Preparation shows you are taking everything seriously. i wouldn't discourage anyone to prepare by taking practice tests. In addition, just because you fail an entrance exam once doesn't mean you should question your career path. It means you didn't put enough time and effort into taking it more seriously. Furthermore, the academy is basically like school, the information is given to you and you are tested on the information given to you, i personally find that easier than taking an exam that you had no information given to you. Work hard, and you will do good every step of the way. Don't get discouraged by waiting for the process. it all will work out in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyMac899 View Post

With that being said, it's always good to prepare so that you get the best possible score you can. I personally rather prepare for that exam and get in the 90's, rather than go in cold and get in the 70's/80's. Preparation shows you are taking everything seriously. i wouldn't discourage anyone to prepare by taking practice tests. In addition, just because you fail an entrance exam once doesn't mean you should question your career path. It means you didn't put enough time and effort into taking it more seriously. Furthermore, the academy is basically like school, the information is given to you and you are tested on the information given to you, i personally find that easier than taking an exam that you had no information given to you. Work hard, and you will do good every step of the way. Don't get discouraged by waiting for the process. it all will work out in the end.
                Well the answers to all the questions are in the exam. I suggest taking the practice one on the recruit website just so you have an idea of what you're gonna be doing. Overall its an easy exam but its very exhausting. If you fail you probably wanna go to the protest review session and see which questions you got wrong. That should tell you if you have made the right decision for your future. You can ofcourse take the test as much as you want tho.
                NYPD Exam #7323

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC200 View Post

The NYPD Recruit website has two practice test. That's how I prepared for the test. Also the test isn't that hard. I had been awake for 30 hours and hadn't eaten anything the whole day when I took it and I still got a 94.
                  i can only find one test on the nypd recruit website and it's only 40 questions... can you post the link to the practice tests you took to prepare ?
                  Nassau County Sherrif's Department
                  Test # 66-243

Criminal Background: Complete 4/26/2014
                  BI: Completed
                  Conditional Offer: 4/29/16
                  Written Psych & EKG: Completed 9/21/16
                  Oral Psych: Passed
                  Medical: 9/30/16 Passed
                  Physical Agility: Passed 11/15/16

NYPD 7323

Score: 87.059%
                  List number: ?
                  APD: ?
                  Medical: ?
                  Oral psych: ?
                  Written psych: ?
                  BI: ?
                  JST: ?
                  Mini-Med: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyMac899 View Post

can i say, i totally like you. lmao well said well said.

Comment

i can only find one test on the nypd recruit website and it's only 40 questions... can you post the link to the practice tests you took to prepare ?
                      i am not sure if they have one longer. I honestly just took the one given on the NYPD recruit site. There are also available study sessions. If you go to the NYPD recruit facebook page they show some places with dates and times that they go over sessions.

let me know if you need any more information i will be glad to help.

TEAMWORK !

Comment

One is called the Test Preparation Kit, which is the one I took to prepare, and then theres the one called New Online Tutorials.
                        NYPD Exam #7323

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyGats View Post

I think age was only to take the test? Not sure.
                          Unfortunately no. Most agencies that's the rule but NYPD you need to be appointed by 35.

edit: at least that's what i thought based on what i read on the site. I'm reading some conflicting things here though.
                          Last edited by JRL631; 01-20-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRL631 View Post

Unfortunately no. Most agencies that's the rule but NYPD you need to be appointed by 35.

edit: at least that's what i thought based on what i read on the site. I'm reading some conflicting things here though.
                            Nope you just have to take the test prior to your 35th.

Comment

• no ur wrong! u can only take the exam before or on ur 35th bday and not more- but getting hired u can get hired at every 40,
                              NYPD EXAM 5310- October 2014
                              Score: 85
                              List: 6XX December, 2015
                              APD-5:
                              Medical:
                              Written Psychological:
                              Oral Psychological:
                              BI Meet:
                              JST:
                              Mini Med:

Comment

• If anyone is in the queens area and wants a gym buddy pm me! I like outside more but it's cold lol and It's easier to buddy up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5887 users online. 336 members and 5551 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X