Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once you submit your CAS-5, can you go back and print it and look at it at any time?

Comment

• DTChild
      DTChild commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes and you will need to print two for your BI when the time comes. You just can not edit or change any information.

• Question,
    those who were put on medical review during the past weeks were they still assigned an investigator?

Comment

• Franco2094
      Franco2094 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Everyone was assigned an investigator regardless

• jabbawockeez9
      jabbawockeez9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dfchris710 How do I find out if I was put on review ?

• Hey guys. About to submit apd5 tonight. I'm not 100% on exact dates on my last ten years of employment but can have a fairly accurate estimation. Also, for the medical what paperwork is required? I'm currently waiting for my GED certificate in the mail as well as dmv drivers abstract. All of that extensive paperwork is after the medical right? What were you guys told to bring to your medical ? Thanks!

Comment

• DTChild
      DTChild commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you will need this information for your BI, not for your medical. For your medical, the only paperwork you will need is your Photo ID (License, passport etc), Two photocopies of your photo ID, an unofficial copy of your college transcript or DD214, and any supporting documents for medical conditions.

• do they drug test during the medical?

i took the test for fun when i turned 18 and did very well (98.8) and am now seriously taking this job
    I smoked weed about a month ago, can i delay the medical so i have time to clear my body of thc?

Comment

• khl619
      khl619 commented
      Editing a comment
      This job ain't for you kid. Plus you need to be turning 21 by hire date.

• kremecheze
      kremecheze commented
      Editing a comment
      dont listen to the do gooders man. if you say you had a parking ticket..someone will say "this job aint for you"..you are 18 so it would make no sense for you to process right now as all of the steps you pass will be expired by the time you are 21. call the number on the email and tell them you would like to place your application on hold. very simple. i would suggest not consuming any controlled substances 6 months prior to your medical just to be safe.

• Eliascarr
      Eliascarr commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't done it but experiencing with drugs once or twice is pretty normal. People will say "This job ain't for you" because you took this test KNOWING you would be tested and knowing it's a career for the people taking it seriously. If you can't take it seriously enough to take the test and prepare for this career, then yea, this job probably isn't for you at the moment.

• Also this is probably a dumb question but once you complete the CAS-5 and finalize it and it says completed, is that it? you just wait for another email?

Comment

• yaga115
      yaga115 commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct (to the waiting for the other email, not the dumb part). APD gives updates over at their NYPD trainees community board. Lists numbers up to 5000 will be sent medicals once people complete them.

Dont forget to look in your spam/junk folder. Sometimes it ends up there.

• Saddleupp
      Saddleupp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much

• How many are eligible under this exam? 9000?

Comment

• DHunt4
      DHunt4 commented
      Editing a comment
      A little over 10k

• Originally posted by im_very_dumb View Post
    do they drug test during the medical?

i took the test for fun when i turned 18 and did very well (98.8) and am now seriously taking this job
    I smoked weed about a month ago, can i delay the medical so i have time to clear my body of thc?
    Saved for APD.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• im_very_dumb
      im_very_dumb commented
      Editing a comment
      what does this mean?

• Eliascarr
      Eliascarr commented
      Editing a comment
      It means APD reads these forums. This guy specifically is a chops buster too. NOW GO GET YOUR SHINE BOX

• Thanks for the info. I’m from a older exam, 2302 but for reasons had to withdraw and retook 7326 in February I believe. I’m pretty shocked that they called and emailed 5000 eligibles for medical. That’s half of the exam. When I took my other exam, I had to wait two years to be called for medical.

Last edited by jayd1987; 10-25-2017, 02:32 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

• Dumb/Stupid. It means that even though you tried to remove your post about dope and beating the test, I saved it. APD and BIs come on here frequently to check for issues. We even spare them the work and forward the posts and related information.

That’s how we roll...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• any recommendations on fastest way to find out my rxact
        employment dates so I csn finish my cas5? I called social security office they said the detailed earnings report you get in person at the office might not have all employers names and dates. Appreciate any help

Comment

• yaga115
          yaga115 commented
          Editing a comment
          No one is going to keep track of your exact employment dates and records other than yourself and your employers. You maybe out of options if they are not all in the detailed earnings report. You can always contact your old employers, or atleast those that you can still contact...

Goodluck.

• DTChild
          DTChild commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't delay the process because you do not know EXACT dates. If I'm not mistaken, too, it's just the year and the month. Just put what you can remember so you're not putting it off for much longer. If you find out the exact days later, tell your Investigator.

• Just got a phone call today. They rescheduled my JST to the 15th. Anyone from Suffolk have a JST on the 15th?

Comment

• Guys can you take the medical if you currently have 42 credits and registered for the rest of 60 credits but will obtain the credits in December. ?

Comment

• Ryan13157
            Ryan13157 commented
            Editing a comment
            In order to be processed, you need atleast 45 credits.

• jabbawockeez9
            jabbawockeez9 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a very good question. I would email or call them to be sure. You're case is a bit different 'cause you're taking so many classes.

• NEW HERE!!
          If anyone can help me out with this that would be great!:
          I submitted my CAS-5, I have no arrests,however I did not submit my two train tickets ($100 fine, it happened 6years ago and I took care of it) under summonses because I miss understood, I though it was only for crime tickets, according to my knowledge train/hopping tickets are civil tickets and not criminal. For those about there that went through the same situation, or are in the process what should i do? Some advice. Thanks

Comment

• Eliascarr
            Eliascarr commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea it was a bit confusing, they had two sections where you had to fill out criminal court tickets, and tickets for traffic etc... Just tell your investigator when you get assigned one about the mixup, and make sure you have proof of those tickets before seeing him/her

• Honest to God the questions on here are ridiculous. Do any of you know how to read?
          how are any of you trying to obtain a job you in which you havent done your research on?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ.

Comment

• NOOB_718
            NOOB_718 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking the same lol. There are some questions that are hard to find but most of them can be found either on google or through the tread of this forum.

• kremecheze
            kremecheze commented
            Editing a comment
            ive turned nypd down twice and have been on fdny and corrections forums for years. the **** is the same every test man. people ask the craziest ****.

• Originally posted by NOOB_718 View Post
          I was thinking the same lol. There are some questions that are hard to find but most of them can be found either on google or through the tread of this forum.
          its just stupid. in my opinion. As an A D U L T, which some seem to not be in the clear for yet, you do your homework, For a CAREER. this isnt just a job guys and i hope they understand that. this is the rest of your life. yes you want to make sure you do things right but how many of you can honestly say youre not asking stupid questions. Everything is pretty straight forward. nothing is going to come out of the woods with anything different.

And as stated before BI AND APD COME TO THIS FORUM. you would be stupid to think else wise.

Just use the very little common sense you have and continue forward.

Comment

• Liu21
            Liu21 commented
            Editing a comment
            There is always going to be that "What If" or "I have a question" guy/girl. Every company is going to have one. lol

• jabbawockeez9
            jabbawockeez9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe... just maybe... this job means so much to them that they want to make sure and not take anything for granted. Idk though.

• DTChild
            DTChild commented
            Editing a comment
            If it bothers you so much, you can stop reading this particular forum. Instead of trying to make it seem as though others are stupid for the questions they are asking. That's what this forum is for, to ask questions, have discussions, etc. You seem to be utilizing it the wrong way. Leave others alone and keep your negativity to yourself. NO question is stupid.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11050 users online. 447 members and 10603 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X