Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, does anyone have any idea when medical exams would be for the low 5000’s? I might need to have hernia surgery but I’m unsure if I should delay my processing or if I will have enough time before my medical. Thanks

Comment

• Eliascarr
      Eliascarr commented
      Editing a comment
      The surgery might actually put you on medical review! but to answer your question, from what I heard the list numbers under 3,999 are getting their medical emails. Not to say you won't get one soon, but as for this week everyone under that number has been getting it.

• How lenient are they with eye sight at the medical.. I wear contacts but uncorrected I read that vision has to be 20/100 which is close to what I am uncorrected.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone!
      Submitted my Cas-5,List number:9xx

Comment

• Evangelliuz
        Evangelliuz commented
        Editing a comment
        Kmei44 I did everything within this week and got response as fast as one day after submitting my CAS-5 and picking my medical day.

• Does anyone know if APD will be sending out medical s today? I submitted my CAS5 yesterday after APD said that up to list 3999 will be getting their medical

Comment

• rip612
        rip612 commented
        Editing a comment
        I Think apd stated that they will be sending medicals this month meaning u got time .

• Evangelliuz
        Evangelliuz commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my medical appointment for next week as I requested so that I could ask for the day off at work. They are moving pretty fast with all the processing and my number is between the 3000

• Kmei44
        Kmei44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you just recently submit in your CAS5 or was it submitted before they sent out that medical email? I’m on that situation where I have to ask off like this week to make sure I can make it to the medical and I’m list 25xx...

• When you guys go to your medical, let us know how it went .

Comment

• Did most people who got their packets already get 100+ on the exam?

Got a 96.5 with no residency bonus and I'm trying to figure out if I missed information somehow or if they just haven't worked their way down the list to my score yet.

edit: sheeesh. Was buried in my junk emails.
        Last edited by Njwrestler; 10-12-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• TylerNY
          TylerNY commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah buddy they sent out the background questionnaire to everyone who's list number is 1-3,999. I got a 93 and got mine.

• NYfly27
          NYfly27 commented
          Editing a comment
          You should’ve gotten it last week.I scored a 97 and recieved my Cas-5.

• I had surgery on my hip while I was in college. I wonder if they will make a big deal out of this during the medical exam. I have information and paperwork from my surgeon/doctor certifying that I have no restrictions and am in perfect physical condition. Any have ay thoughts on this?

Comment

• Eliascarr
          Eliascarr commented
          Editing a comment
          I always thought any major surgery on your record would put you on review but from what I've heard from my father (ex NYPD) as long as your doctor see's youre physically fit to perform law enforcement duties you should be fine, come to think of it I heard that you would have to bring word from your doctor about restrictions and what not. I really hope you're good to go but worse come to worse you get put on review for a few weeks/months.

• Just received hard copy version of list #.

Comment

• What did you all do for birthdays you don’t know? It says it can’t be left blank. Thank you in advance.

Comment

• kevin07312
            kevin07312 commented
            Editing a comment
            well i had two professors as references i put the days i did Cas i did not what to ask for there b-days

• CPAAPP
            CPAAPP commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay. That works I guess. Thanks.

• --FYI--Had to put my medical on hold because I didn't know 45 credits were required. I have 28 college and the rest in F.E.M.A. SO, FYI for everyone, You have to have 60 credits by the time of hire, and 45 to start the process. APD said it was no problem, they just canceled my medical and told me to call back once I have the transcripts on hand for 45 credits or more and they'll put me back in the game. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Comment

• Did anyone get an email confirmation yet on when their medical dates are yet? We had to put two dates and idk if APD is suppose to email back to tell us which date to come. Thanks guys

Comment

• NYfly27
              NYfly27 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did theu mention anything about a dress code(attire)?

• Kmei44
              Kmei44 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got it today and messaged them 15 minutes after. I should probably get it tomorrow I assume? And I think it’s like interview dress code: sports coat, slacks, shoes, and tie, like I heard they will send you home if you don’t have one of them items worn on you... pretty serious

• Kmei44
              Kmei44 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ryan13157 from the time you gave them the dates to the time you received a confirmation how long was that? Like did they send you a confirmation around the afternoon, evening, morning?

• Ryan13157
              Ryan13157 commented
              Editing a comment
              Roughly about 24 hours

• Hello all
            does anyone know about the requirements of Color vision In NYPD
            im a NYC correction officer and i have color deficiency for red/green color just a little but im not a color blind or should i bring doctor notes where it states that im not a color blind just a little color defiency thank you

Comment

• NYfly27
              NYfly27 commented
              Editing a comment
              From what i’ve heard during the medical you’ll be given an eye exam.It would’nt hurt to have that paper ready just in case.

• For those of you who submitted the adp 5 and scheduled your medical exams, when roughly are they? October, November?

Comment

• Kmei44
              Kmei44 commented
              Editing a comment
              EBC90 I got lasik over the summer... I advise you should get your lasik done now if you can recovery (about 90%) takes about a month... do it soon.

• EBC90
              EBC90 commented
              Editing a comment
              Kmei44 Yeah I’m working on getting it moved up ASAP. I guess some people are saying that list numbers through 3,999 are being scheduled for the medical so maybe I will be okay since I’m sitting around 4,500.

• Kmei44
              Kmei44 commented
              Editing a comment
              EBC90 yeah try to move it up if you can, and since you’re 4500 maybe (speculating) you will get your medics after the last day the CAS are due, they are all due by the 27th so maybe you’re medicals maybe next midmonth? It’s just speculating but do your best to move it up if you can! Good luck and hope the surgery goes well!

• Mayimbe1992
              Mayimbe1992 commented
              Editing a comment
              Getting LASIK on Tuesday. Dr Dello Russo offers LASIK even on the same day of consultation. I went yesterday (10/12) and he said he can help me out that he has done LASIK on many candidates rushing for the medical. Will also try to game the APD 5 in order to submit it on the 26 in hopes that the medical will be for mid next month. I didn't have surgery because I had to work today and tomorrow. But if that helps anyone in my same shoes then God bless.

• Little Info for everyone:
            1) Dress code for men (BUSINESS ATTIRE): Sports jacket, slacks, dress shirt, and tie
            2) Dress code for women: Dress with skirt or blouse or suit
            3) You will be there for 8 hours (start time is 6:30am)
            4) Pure speculation but if they are doing 1-3,999 the week of October 16 then they could possibly do the next batch the following week.
            5) Academies are in January and April so this process will be fast and get everything you need. i.e. HS Diploma, a BLANK money order for fingerprinting fee, Unofficial College Transcript, 2 forms of I.D
            6) Don't stress you didn't get it because you had a high number. They were only basing it on how quickly the CAS-5 were done. Everyone will get their appointment and typically it took a day or two to get it.

Hope this helps

Comment

• guerrero2393
              guerrero2393 commented
              Editing a comment
              Xavier828 thanks for the heads up.

• Eliascarr
              Eliascarr commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks man, very informative. Would you know if we would need the $115 earnings report or the $35 Certified one?

• hello all,

A few days ago I received and email telling me to complete the CAS-5 questionnaire. In the email they said If i do not want to continue with the process or wish to postpone it to email them back. since i am not of age yet and do not have the credits required i emailed them back with my reasons however i never received an email back from them confirming they revived my email. today i got a mail in the letter with my number. I dont want the process to continue as of now, did they not receive my email? I am wondering if i did something wrong. has anyone else had the same issue?

Comment

• Eliascarr
              Eliascarr commented
              Editing a comment
              Because they're processing everyone maybe you're email got lost? I would call them, the number for APD should be on any of the emails they sent you, it's much faster than emailing and you get an answer on if they did it or not on the spot.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12774 users online. 422 members and 12352 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X