Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Exam 7323

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NYPD Exam 7323

    Finally! The next NYPD exam is here! Exam 7323. I'm scheduled to take it on the 7th in Brooklyn, best of luck to everyone taking this exam!

  • #2
    I signed up for it for Jan 5th. So now that they're giving the NYPD exam after a year and a half, I think since July 2015 if i'm not mistaken; what's the new hiring process? Anyone know? I read that they were clearing their backlog in order to improve the process. So is it going to be the same 2+ year wait or will it take less than a year like I read in a WSJ article? If it takes less than a year that would be amazing.

    Here is the article, i'm sure a lot of you have read it already.

    http://www.wsj.com/articles/nypd-sus...log-1435238755

    Comment


    • #3
      Im pretty sure a lot of departments in new york are moving towards a 6 month process, state, mta and nypd. Hopefully this holds true with this exam. And this test is now done electronically which I would imagine will speed up the process drastically

      **UPDATE**
      According to the NYPD Recruit Facebook

      "From this exam the agency's goal is 12-18 months from test to hire for the top scorers. That may vary on a case by case basis and may change according to agency hiring needs"
      Last edited by 4gblueline; 12-28-2016, 08:49 AM. Reason: Updated

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello,

        I'm going to apply for this exam in a few days as I'm out of state and want to plan my flight and hotel room accordingly. A few questions:

        1. Do we get to pick our date of testing before we pay for the test?
        2. When we get our exam number after X amount of months, does that mean that it's our turn to go through the process?
        3. Does everyone go through the process when our exam group comes up? I'm assuming the people who get a higher score gets contacted faster.

        Thank you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 4gblueline View Post
          Im pretty sure a lot of departments in new york are moving towards a 6 month process, state, mta and nypd. Hopefully this holds true with this exam. And this test is now done electronically which I would imagine will speed up the process drastically

          **UPDATE**
          According to the NYPD Recruit Facebook

          "From this exam the agency's goal is 12-18 months from test to hire for the top scorers. That may vary on a case by case basis and may change according to agency hiring needs"
          12-18 months for top scorers sounds a little discouraging. I understand that the top score in these city exams can be over 100 due to residency points and veterans points. So what are the chances that applicants with 95-99 get considered as top scorers? It sounds like, for the most part, the proccess will still be 2+ years in general. Because, how about applicants who score 90s, 85s, 70s? There's going to be a lot of those, so for those applicants it could still be the same old wait as before. Me personally I haven't gotten higher than 95 yet, which I got on 2 exams of the 3 different one's i've taken.

          Originally posted by Ryan13157 View Post
          Hello,

          I'm going to apply for this exam in a few days as I'm out of state and want to plan my flight and hotel room accordingly. A few questions:

          1. Do we get to pick our date of testing before we pay for the test?
          2. When we get our exam number after X amount of months, does that mean that it's our turn to go through the process?
          3. Does everyone go through the process when our exam group comes up? I'm assuming the people who get a higher score gets contacted faster.

          Thank you.
          You shouldn't take a few days to apply to be honest, the spots are filling up fast. From what I saw, there are no more dates available in the Lafayette building in Manhattan, I could be wrong but I saw no dates available for Manhattan when I tried to reschedule. There's spots opened in Brooklyn. Keep in mind, the applications were available in December 27th, and even with the holidays and people on vacation, the Manhattan spots still filled out quickly. It took about 2-3 days for the Lafayette location to be full. You still have BK but don't take it for granted, sign up now. Yes, you can for the most part, pick your date (it's limited though) and limited time options, like 9:30A or 1:30P.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by KLJG View Post

            12-18 months for top scorers sounds a little discouraging. I understand that the top score in these city exams can be over 100 due to residency points and veterans points. So what are the chances that applicants with 95-99 get considered as top scorers? It sounds like, for the most part, the proccess will still be 2+ years in general. Because, how about applicants who score 90s, 85s, 70s? There's going to be a lot of those, so for those applicants it could still be the same old wait as before. Me personally I haven't gotten higher than 95 yet, which I got on 2 exams of the 3 different one's i've taken.



            You shouldn't take a few days to apply to be honest, the spots are filling up fast. From what I saw, there are no more dates available in the Lafayette building in Manhattan, I could be wrong but I saw no dates available for Manhattan when I tried to reschedule. There's spots opened in Brooklyn. Keep in mind, the applications were available in December 27th, and even with the holidays and people on vacation, the Manhattan spots still filled out quickly. It took about 2-3 days for the Lafayette location to be full. You still have BK but don't take it for granted, sign up now. Yes, you can for the most part, pick your date (it's limited though) and limited time options, like 9:30A or 1:30P.
            Thank you for the heads up, just applied. January 30th at 5pm. Only time available so it seems that Brooklyn is filling up wicked fast as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              From what I heard, the process between taking this exam to getting appointed could be as soon as 1 year, depending on how well things go with the department processing these exams. Hope for the best but do not get your hopes up. Either way, we should all be thankful that the backlog has been cleared and the hiring freeze is over. Good luck to all those wishing for a career with the NYPD.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah 12-18 months does sound a bit discouraging, but it's better than a still-frozen test I guess. Going in on the 18th. Good luck to all!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FinestInBlue View Post
                  From what I heard, the process between taking this exam to getting appointed could be as soon as 1 year, depending on how well things go with the department processing these exams. Hope for the best but do not get your hopes up. Either way, we should all be thankful that the backlog has been cleared and the hiring freeze is over. Good luck to all those wishing for a career with the NYPD.
                  A year may seem like a long time to get a call back, but that's why you should apply to other places in the meantime so this way you're not just sitting around for that long twiddling your thumbs waiting for a call.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ryan13157 View Post

                    A year may seem like a long time to get a call back, but that's why you should apply to other places in the meantime so this way you're not just sitting around for that long twiddling your thumbs waiting for a call.
                    To be honest, the idea that the process will be at least 1 year does not make me impatient in anyway. During that year, I will be working on my bachelors degree at John Jay and have the MTA and Environmental Police exams this month, so at least I have some other things to keep me busy during this process instead of twiddling my thumbs as you said. It's important to do something that will somehow prepare you for this job while you wait.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FinestInBlue View Post

                      To be honest, the idea that the process will be at least 1 year does not make me impatient in anyway. During that year, I will be working on my bachelors degree at John Jay and have the MTA and Environmental Police exams this month, so at least I have some other things to keep me busy during this process instead of twiddling my thumbs as you said. It's important to do something that will somehow prepare you for this job while you wait.
                      I feel you on that. Good luck!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        All Exam seats are now full! Good luck to those taking the exam tomorrow. I'll be going in on the 12th.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Damn i didnt even know it was open again its full now.
                          Yonkers Police Exam
                          Date: 3/26/2014
                          Score: 90
                          List: Zone 3
                          Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

                          NYC DOC Exam 6315
                          Date: 1/9/2016
                          Score: 9X.X%
                          List: 1XX
                          Orientation: 6/24/16
                          Medical:6/24/16
                          Agility:7/9/16
                          Written Psych:8/2/16
                          Oral Psych:
                          PE:

                          Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
                          Date: 6/8/16
                          Score: 9X.X%






                          *US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Just took it today . Not too bad . I got a 97.6 on it
                            FrankdaTank

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Frankdatank84 View Post
                              Just took it today . Not too bad . I got a 97.6 on it
                              Nice!

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 8218 users online. 312 members and 7906 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X