Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nypd exam 2017

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nypd exam 2017

    I was told that a new NYPD Exam will open Dec 27th 2016.. im currently going to the Dec 19th NYC Corrections academy. Any word on how many officers the NYPD will be hiring

  • #2
    Originally posted by MROSADO4 View Post
    I was told that a new NYPD Exam will open Dec 27th 2016.. im currently going to the Dec 19th NYC Corrections academy. Any word on how many officers the NYPD will be hiring
    Hey brother I received the call to start the corrections process, but I had to postpone it since I'm not old enough yet and I don't have enough credits yet.

    Are you going to still take the NYPD exam as a backup? One of my classmates told me there's going to be some new NYPD exams next year and ironically that turned me off from becoming a correctional officer lol.

    Goodluck to you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RailMan96 View Post

      Hey brother I received the call to start the corrections process, but I had to postpone it since I'm not old enough yet and I don't have enough credits yet.

      Are you going to still take the NYPD exam as a backup? One of my classmates told me there's going to be some new NYPD exams next year and ironically that turned me off from becoming a correctional officer lol.

      Goodluck to you.
      Well i plan on taking the NYPD exam and work in corrections in the mean time.. I was told you can transfer your time.. For NYPD you need more credits to get in. So finish your assosiates atleast

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MROSADO4 View Post
        I was told that a new NYPD Exam will open Dec 27th 2016.. im currently going to the Dec 19th NYC Corrections academy. Any word on how many officers the NYPD will be hiring
        I'm actually in the exact same boat as you and wanted/thinking about doing this too. I'm sure they'll go back to the old ways of how many they usually take in. My question is, now that they are somewhat caught up, how long after the exam will we be contacted. Cause back then it was atleast 2 year wait. Anyone?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NyC_Hopeful2017 View Post

          I'm actually in the exact same boat as you and wanted/thinking about doing this too. I'm sure they'll go back to the old ways of how many they usually take in. My question is, now that they are somewhat caught up, how long after the exam will we be contacted. Cause back then it was atleast 2 year wait. Anyone?
          I also would love some insight into this. Everyone I know that's on said it "should be much quicker" but if anyone has anything more concrete we'd all love to hear it.

          I just registered for the exam. Taking it Jan 18th.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JRL631 View Post

            I also would love some insight into this. Everyone I know that's on said it "should be much quicker" but if anyone has anything more concrete we'd all love to hear it.

            I just registered for the exam. Taking it Jan 18th.
            In the thread for the 7323 police officer exam I posted an article from wall street journal that apparently confirms this. The article says the NYPD wants the process to take less than a year. The thread-starter said they are aiming for 6 months process. They did clear a backlog of 50k applicants who took the exam, which is why there was such a long (1 year and a half) test freeze. You never know what can happen, but i'm hoping everything works out like they planned and we get through the process quicker.

            Comment


            • #7
              To get prepared for the entry exam, I understand that Sgt. Godoy's NYPD Test Prep course is the best online course
              Last edited by goldeneye; 12-28-2016, 08:47 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KLJG View Post

                In the thread for the 7323 police officer exam I posted an article from wall street journal that apparently confirms this. The article says the NYPD wants the process to take less than a year. The thread-starter said they are aiming for 6 months process. They did clear a backlog of 50k applicants who took the exam, which is why there was such a long (1 year and a half) test freeze. You never know what can happen, but i'm hoping everything works out like they planned and we get through the process quicker.
                On the exam NOE it says that promotional will receive the call first, but "there will be sufficient positions available for use of eligible list resulting from this examination." So with your link and the NOE it seems like things may change for the better.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MROSADO4 View Post

                  Well i plan on taking the NYPD exam and work in corrections in the mean time.. I was told you can transfer your time.. For NYPD you need more credits to get in. So finish your assosiates atleast
                  Sorry for the late reply I'm just now seeing this Good luck with corrections.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RailMan96 View Post

                    Sorry for the late reply I'm just now seeing this Good luck with corrections.
                    Yea i just registered for the exam but corrections academy is pretty good

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by KLJG View Post

                      In the thread for the 7323 police officer exam I posted an article from wall street journal that apparently confirms this. The article says the NYPD wants the process to take less than a year. The thread-starter said they are aiming for 6 months process. They did clear a backlog of 50k applicants who took the exam, which is why there was such a long (1 year and a half) test freeze. You never know what can happen, but i'm hoping everything works out like they planned and we get through the process quicker.
                      Much quicker meaning if I pass the test I can move on to the step quicker??

                      I'm taking the exam on Jan 21st, most people have told me it could take anywhere between 2-5 years to get a call back.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pjon935 View Post

                        Much quicker meaning if I pass the test I can move on to the step quicker??

                        I'm taking the exam on Jan 21st, most people have told me it could take anywhere between 2-5 years to get a call back.
                        Honestly, i'm new to all of this and just learning as I read but my interpretation of the prcoess taking "less than a year" is that you get your list number, go through physical, medical, psychological - etc, and get on the waiting list for hire - all in less than a year. But i'm skeptical, because like you i've been told the same thing about the 2+ year wait. But the sign that points to a change is that they froze the test for like 550 days, so they were definitely trying to clear that backlog of 50k applicants that they had, in order to do a compete overhaul to the hiring process, and I think they did clear it. To answer your question, I think we will move to the next step quicker. I could be wrong but then what else could it mean?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm no insider but these are just my 2 cents on this situation. The only thing that made the process so lengthy was the huge backlog they had. The fact that they will be clearing it will make all the difference. They will continue hiring from the previous tests until we get our list numbers. Once we get our list numbers, every exam before that is off the hiring list, which means we are at the front line of the process with no one pending from other exams. Exam 7323 closes on January 31st which means our list numbers can arrive any point after that (typically 4-6 months). Once we get the list numbers they will begin the process. For those with high scores and smooth background with no bumps on the way, I can see NYPD taking candidates from exam 7323 by fall 2017.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This is all very encouraging. Let's all hope for the best... I'm heading to BK on the 18th and will pick up my test prep again. I had registered with policeprep.com previously back before the freeze, and it seemed like a good resource. it costs a few bucks to sign up, but its a one time fee and you have a lifetime membership

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JRL631 View Post
                              This is all very encouraging. Let's all hope for the best... I'm heading to BK on the 18th and will pick up my test prep again. I had registered with policeprep.com previously back before the freeze, and it seemed like a good resource. it costs a few bucks to sign up, but its a one time fee and you have a lifetime membership
                              whats police prep ? .. i went to barnes and nobles and picked up "police officer exam for dummies" and its pretty legit useful information. only $10
                              NYPD Exam #7323

                              List number: 1,0xx - 10/3/17
                              CAS-5: 10/5/17 - Done ✅
                              Medical: 10/19/17 - Done ✅
                              BI: 11/14/17 - Done ✅
                              Written Psych: 11/18/17 - Done ✅
                              JST: 11/20/17 - Done ✅
                              Oral Psych: 12/4/17 CLEARED! ✅
                              Mini-Med: 12/12/17 Done ✅
                              Hired Email: 1/8/18 GOT THE EMAIL!!


                              Phil 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4540 users online. 211 members and 4329 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X