Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with NYPD Recruitment

... well guess **** happens
    Last edited by jvas1988; 10-07-2016, 09:06 AM.

Sounds like you have a good chance of being eliminated from the process. Was the "tip" money worth it?
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Definitely not. Hopefully I get a pass, others have gotten hired with a worse record.

Comment

And THATS police work!

He never saw it coming...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by jvas1988 View Post
          Definitely not. Hopefully I get a pass, others have gotten hired with a worse record.
          Yeah, but the BIG issue for you is that your employer, and not YOU were the one who told the BI about it.
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Hello all, I going through the process and was viable for the October NYPD academy class, but am now on hold due to an employer stating that I was terminated due to taking funds from the register but it was actually tip given at the Museum I worked at. As per my investigator its a long shot but he didn't guarantee it, now all I have left is the Oral Psych and the OK I guess, damn employers messed me up. Anyone knows if I would be disqualified for that?
            Calling your employer "damn employers" is not especially helpful to you. Why would you be fired for such a thing if it was so readily explainable? Maybe you were making change and the customer told you to keep it? If you were credible to your immediate supervisor couldn't you have explained away an apparent anomaly? Were you on video making a withdrawal-direction transaction?
            Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 10-06-2016, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Everyone who gets disqualified from NYPD seems to say that; "others have gotten hired with a worse record". But how do they know?? The rumor mill?/ Hearsay?? rants on this thread?? NYPD pretty much has a set criteria on how these background investigations are conducted and they will take the previous employers' explanation of job termination over the applicant. Might sound unfair but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                Calling your employer "damn employers" is not especially helpful to you. Why would you be fired for such a thing if it was so readily explainable? Maybe you were making change and the customer told you to keep it? If you were credible to your immediate supervisor couldn't you have explained away an apparent anomaly? Were you on video making a withdrawal-direction transaction?
                Yea basically the customer handed me a $50 for I forgot what amount it was exactly, when I was giving him the change he said no you keep you've helped me enough today for that tip. Closed the register and put it in my pockets, I was caught on video doing this but ky register also did come out perfect just as every other night.

Comment

jvas1988 turn ur pm on

Comment

Who tips at a museum? What was your position?
                    Last edited by BNWS; 10-06-2016, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinny13 View Post
                      jvas1988 turn ur pm on
                      Ok

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                        Who tips at a museum? What was your position?
                        I was a sales rep at the gift shop. A lot of people tip, but it was known for us getting tipped occasionally just never knew we weren't allowed, and I guess taking it while on a register didn't help me.

Comment

So you took money, got fired, didn't disclose it, and it is the NYPDs fault?
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                            So you took money, got fired, didn't disclose it, and it is the NYPDs fault?
                            I did inform my investigator about it

Comment

check ur pm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4825 users online. 328 members and 4497 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X