300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work for NYC but live in Jersey

Anyone know if it is possible to live in Jersey but work in NYPD? (Like in the movie Copland)

I have heard some officers have an address in NY but live in Jersey are there any other ways?

Originally posted by Crazed
    Anyone know if it is possible to live in Jersey but work in NYPD? (Like in the movie Copland)

I have heard some officers have an address in NY but live in Jersey are there any other ways?
    No I think NYPD officers are restricted to living in either NYC (the 5 boroughs), Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester, Putnam, Orange and possibly Ulster County.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
      No I think NYPD officers are restricted to living in either NYC (the 5 boroughs), Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester, Putnam, Orange and possibly Ulster County.
      Exactly. The situation in Copland was that NYPD Officers were part-timing for the Transit Police and were able to live outside the city under transit rules.

There's no more transit police (absorbed by NYPD), so that workaround is long gone.

Have fun living in NYC on 26K a year! God, NYPD has turned into such a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
        Exactly. The situation in Copland was that NYPD Officers were part-timing for the Transit Police and were able to live outside the city under transit rules.

There's no more transit police (absorbed by NYPD), so that workaround is long gone.

Have fun living in NYC on 26K a year! God, NYPD has turned into such a joke.
        Wasent the movie supposed to take place in Rockland and Sly Stalllone play a Rockland County deputy?

Comment

Wasent the movie supposed to take place in Rockland and Sly Stalllone play a Rockland County deputy?
          Kinda but they called it Garfield and Stallone was the Sheriff. Most of the people in the town were NYPD but part-timed as transit officers so they could live in Jersey like EMTFirefighter said.

Comment

No, he was the Sheriff of a small town - something that isn't even possible in NY.

They weren't going for the whole "factual" route.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
              No, he was the Sheriff of a small town - something that isn't even possible in NY.

They weren't going for the whole "factual" route.
              Town sheriff's dont exist anywhere ... unless you count some small hicktown in the middle of nowhere where the sheriff's office is the only LE agency in the county.

Comment

Town sheriff's dont exist anywhere ... unless you count some small hicktown in the middle of nowhere where the sheriff's office is the only LE agency in the county.
                Exactly what I said...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2568 users online. 150 members and 2418 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X