300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nypd?

i'm wondering if there is anyone who has just recently gone through nypd testing and can answer a specific question about a requirement, or perhaps someone out there knows someone who has gone through testing and has absolute knowledge of the testing requirements.

i need to know if nypd require, as the medical phase of the testing, an applicant to pass a depth perception test? i called personel the other day and the lady with whom i spoke, told me that ONLY a standard DMV eye test is required. can someone confirm this for sure?

accurate imput on this reqirement would be very helpful to me as i have somewhat poor depth perception and would not like to waste my time or the time of the nypd.

thank you
    vtecnet

eye test

No, just vision and color perception. Color perception has 3 different tests to make sure so you should be able to pass. Vision will test w/ and w/o glasses if u wear em. Why arent you trying for a job closer to home or are u returning? This job is circling the bowl so be prepared!!

Comment

thanks for your reply... here in il, chicago pd is not currently recruiting.... when they will finally start recruiting however, the process takes apprx. 1.5 - 2 years to get in. i am not prepared to wait that long. i was going to test for il state police, but they have a depth perception requirement (70 arcs per. sec.) my perception is around 50.

anyone know if there is a way to correct depth perception problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Xjarhead
        No, just vision and color perception. Color perception has 3 different tests to make sure so you should be able to pass. Vision will test w/ and w/o glasses if u wear em. Why arent you trying for a job closer to home or are u returning? This job is circling the bowl so be prepared!!
        And the worst part is you're not DCJS BMP certified, so there's very few places you can transfer.

Comment

what is dcjs bmp certified?

Comment

Originally posted by vtecnet
            what is dcjs bmp certified?
            New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services Basic Municipal Police. It's the certification that every other academy besides NYPD gives out to graduates in NYS.

Comment

thank for the info guys.... btw, i'm sure glad i came across this informative and very active website.... although i will admit i was a bit peeved at the time it took for the webpage moderator/administrator to clear me for posting questions.

nonetheless, the day or so wait was well worth it considering all the information here and the passionate people who make the formums go!

thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2905 users online. 168 members and 2737 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X