• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY state split in 2

should NYC seperate and become state # 51

list your pro and con.

the rest of the state would be renamed.

IMO this divorce should have happened about 25 years ago.

Originally posted by mark7777
    should NYC seperate and become state # 51

list your pro and con.

the rest of the state would be renamed.

IMO this divorce should have happened about 25 years ago.
    As long as Suffolk and Nassau counties were included in it. NYC is a ****ty place with people with ****ty attitudes and I'm sick of wasting my tax money on that worthless place.

Comment

It would be nice to have upstate needs met before more money is sent into NYC for the welfare bums. If you look at the state's medicaid costs, upstate really takes one in the arse to pay for those wonderful NYC folks.

Comment

Well then, while we're at it we might as well do the same to CA!
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

can not speak for CA but NY needs to be split.

NYC and upstate have nothing in common there is no reason to be the same state besides its always been that way.

NY needs to get out of the 19 th century thinking.

this is 2005. NY needs change.

Comment

I agree

I work and live almost an hour from the northern most point of the state. Anyone heard of Lake Placid NY? I'm from 35 miles west of there. I hear all this stuff about the schools in NYC needing things but then I look around here and I'm like WT* I see my taxes and I'm thinking it must be going somewhere and I don't see a whole lot around here where it's going to.
            God must love stupid people, or as I like to refer to them job security.. She makes so damn many of them.

Comment

DownStaters want to split too

They are tired of supporting our schoos with thier tax dollars. Someone's wrong here. One half of the state has to be wrong.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                They are tired of supporting our schoos with thier tax dollars. Someone's wrong here. One half of the state has to be wrong.
                No one supports another areas schools with their tax dollars. Property tax contrbutes to school tax in the district that your property is a part of. If you own your own home in NYC, you contribute to NYC schools. If you own your own home upstate, you contribute to whatever school district you live in.

School taxes are not the issue here.

Comment

NYC is a fun place to visit but i would want to live there. Naw...we'll keep NYC, Hell, it's a lot nicer now then is was ten years ago. If NYC became it's own entity, we (the rest of the state) wouldn't have anyone to blame our problems on.
                  retired, NOT retarded

Comment

Originally posted by mark7777
                    can not speak for CA but NY needs to be split.

NYC and upstate have nothing in common there is no reason to be the same state besides its always been that way.

NY needs to get out of the 19 th century thinking.

this is 2005. NY needs change.
                    Make Nassau and Suffolk (with the Hamptons, Riverhead and Southold as Peconic County) into a seperate state.

The name of the state would be Long Island.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                      Make Nassau and Suffolk (with the Hamptons, Riverhead and Southold as Peconic County) into a seperate state.

The name of the state would be Long Island.
                      Make sure to include the city in with the rest of that garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
                        Make sure to include the city in with the rest of that garbage.
                        heck no, New York can keep the city. Long Island gets Long Island.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                          heck no, New York can keep the city. Long Island gets Long Island.
                          Anything below Westchester is crap if you ask me.

Comment

Split it...
                            Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

It wasent all that long ago that some parts of Long Island were not to different from say Rockland, Ulster or Putnam. The whole eastern part of Suffolk was all farmland until the mid 1990's when it began to become more suburban.

Its a heck of alot better then being in Stamford and having to drive an hour to Oneonta just to get to a movie theater or a good place to eat .... that can only show 2 movies at once (this was as of 1999). I had to go all the way to Kingston if I wanted McDonalds or a chain restaurant like Applebees or something (again as of 1999). Please tell me that the whole Catskills area has gotten better since then; I would love to have my family ski trips up there again like I used to before switched to Vermont when all the resorts either closed down or became to crowded.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5876 users online. 319 members and 5557 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X