300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police exam info released today

Date came out today, test will be on December 3, 2005. To see what areas will be testing, check out this site: http://www.cs.state.ny.us/msd/map.html Very few civil service commissions have the test out on their site yet, but give it a few weeks and anyone that's testing will have theirs posted. I know for sure that Albany, Syracuse and Rochester will be testing.

In addition to local tests, there are state tests for University Police Officer, Park Patrol Officer and Corrections Officer (test on 11/19). Those can be found here: http://www.cs.state.ny.us/announ/sch...ompetitive.htm

hmmm

I wonder if the sheriff will be hiring for the jail on the state corrections test . Usually it mirrors the state test but if they are offering a test now do you think they would offer one in March again?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy17
      I wonder if the sheriff will be hiring for the jail on the state corrections test . Usually it mirrors the state test but if they are offering a test now do you think they would offer one in March again?
      They will not be, they just had one in February or March.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy17
        Jimmy I am not sure however they are hurting for qualified folks to work in the jail. I would not be surprised if they test again in either 2006 or 2007/

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
          Jimmy I am not sure however they are hurting for qualified folks to work in the jail. I would not be surprised if they test again in either 2006 or 2007/
          As I stated above, no, they will not be testing for the jail this year.

Comment

Emt

Your right, they have a list already for the jail, and the sheriff hasn't even requested to see it yet. That is if your talking about NY, not the city. I know I have several friends who work there.

Comment

Originally posted by sheriff2004
              Your right, they have a list already for the jail, and the sheriff hasn't even requested to see it yet. That is if your talking about NY, not the city. I know I have several friends who work there.
              No he is talking about upstate new york.

Comment

Originally posted by sheriff2004
                You're talking about Monroe County, right?

Comment

Seeking any info on Sheriffs exam locations...

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the closest location to Binghamton, NY for the Sheriffs Deputy exam is? It was cancelled in Broome County. Also, when the deadline to apply is, and where and to whom would I contact for this? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Wayne
                  Last edited by JSA72; 10-22-2005, 07:44 PM. Reason: add more info..

Comment

Originally posted by JSA72
                    Hello. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the closest location to Binghamton, NY for the Sheriffs Deputy exam is? It was cancelled in Broome County. Also, when the deadline to apply is, and where and to whom would I contact for this? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Wayne
                    The closest Sheriff's Deputy Exam to Binghamton would probably be Syracuse. There's exams for police officer being held in Albany and Rochester, also. Unfortunately, the deadline for filing was October 26.

Comment

Hate to say it

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
                      As I stated above, no, they will not be testing for the jail this year.
                      I hate to say it buddy, but wrong. For all who is interested Monroe County has just announced that they civil service test for the postion of Deputy Sheriff Jailor will be on April 1ST.

Comment

I hate to say it buddy, but wrong. For all who is interested Monroe County has just announced that they civil service test for the postion of Deputy Sheriff Jailor will be on April 1ST.
                        April 1st 2006. Last I checked, this is still 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
                          April 1st 2006. Last I checked, this is still 2005.
                          No kidding, I'm not talking about the piscal year. They only test once a year. I was reffering to the upcoming exam. I remeber you quoting me wrong about testing in 2006 or 2007.

Comment

No kidding, I'm not talking about the piscal year. They only test once a year. I was reffering to the upcoming exam. I remeber you quoting me wrong about testing in 2006 or 2007.
                            You remember me incorrectly then. What's a "piscal year?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2849 users online. 132 members and 2717 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X