300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision Requirements

I know this has been asked before, but what are the general vision requirements in the state of new york and for various new york agencies

its 20/100 uncorrected

Your probably gonna need lasik if your not at that level. Lasik scares me the thought of putting your eyes at risk is not a good thought. I probably just read too many horror stories. I think these would fly though:

http://www.bausch.com/us/vision/prod...keratology.jsp

Idk if these would fly for nys standards but they are pretty cool.

Comment

It's 20/100, 20/40 for NYSP. It needs to be corrected to 20/20 or better for employment purposes though.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy17
        Your probably gonna need lasik if your not at that level. Lasik scares me the thought of putting your eyes at risk is not a good thought. I probably just read too many horror stories. I think these would fly though:

http://www.bausch.com/us/vision/prod...keratology.jsp

Idk if these would fly for nys standards but they are pretty cool.
        20/100 for both eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
          20/100 for both eyes?
          No, just the left one.

Comment

Are you asking about COURT SECURITY ???

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
              No, just the left one.
              It is all about perception The reason I asked this because you mentioned 20/100, 20/30. I was not sure if that means your eyes must be corrected to 20/30 or one eye must be 20/30 and the other 20/100

Comment

It is all about perception The reason I asked this because you mentioned 20/100, 20/30. I was not sure if that means your eyes must be corrected to 20/30 or one eye must be 20/30 and the other 20/100
                The minimum standard that DCJS BMP establishes is 20/100, corrected to at least 20/20. Any agency can establish their own minimum standard, as long as it's within DCJS guidelines. For example, NYSP says minimum is 20/40, corrected to at least 20/20.

I never said anything about 20/30.

Comment

I know this has been asked before, but what are the general vision requirements in the state of new york and for various new york agencies

if your worried LT you can always get lasik but if you do you need to be at least 21 before you have the surgery-- even 22 if you get lasik to young your vision can still be changing.

there is only one eye surgeon in rochester that I would let do lasik and that is scott macrae of strong vision
                  other than dr macrae I would travel to toronto and see dr jeff machat of TLC.

anyone with less experience than these surgeons does not have enough experience in my opinion you only get 2 eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                    Are you asking about COURT SECURITY ???

hey bodie

you work near columbus?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5407 users online. 346 members and 5061 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X