300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall Of Justice

Anyone hear the rumor of of nys court officers taking over the hall of justice in rochester.

Won't happen. It's a county court - NYS court officers are only employed to protect the state courts. Yes, MC court is tehnically part of the NYS Unified Court System (even every town and village court is), but the "local" courts will still be responsible to maintain their own safety, security and decorum.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
      Won't happen. It's a county court - NYS court officers are only employed to protect the state courts. Yes, MC court is tehnically part of the NYS Unified Court System (even every town and village court is), but the "local" courts will still be responsible to maintain their own safety, security and decorum.
      You were wrong before and you might be wrong again. I've heard this rumor from a total of 5 sources now.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
        You were wrong before and you might be wrong again. I've heard this rumor from a total of 5 sources now.
        Whatever you say, pal! What was I "wrong before" about? Do tell!

Comment

Whatever you say, pal! What was I "wrong before" about? Do tell!
          Check the post "Rochester, NY". By the way your not suppose to take things personally here.

Comment

Check the post "Rochester, NY". By the way your not suppose to take things personally here.
            Well, when a little kid tells me something I know to be completely false yet INSISTS he's right, it's a bit irritating.

I have family in the Court Bureau of MCSO, I think they might know a bit more about the subject than you. Thanks for your opinion, though.

Comment

Well, when a little kid tells me something I know to be completely false yet INSISTS he's right, it's a bit irritating.

I have family in the Court Bureau of MCSO, I think they might know a bit more about the subject than you. Thanks for your opinion, though.
              Please ask and let me know. A road deputy said they might be going state, I want to here what a court deputy says. Someone online recently said this "the courts academy annex in cohoes has a class scheduled to start on 7/11/05. they have had people doing surveys of various locations in the 3rd and 4th depts to check staffing needs. they are beginning to take over contracts from sheriffs and local pd's who currently staff upstate areas. it will be a slow process but should continue. which areas are next to go is anyones guess" p.s I'm not your enemy I just like to debate

Comment

Please ask and let me know. A road deputy said they might be going state, I want to here what a court deputy says. Someone online recently said this "the courts academy annex in cohoes has a class scheduled to start on 7/11/05. they have had people doing surveys of various locations in the 3rd and 4th depts to check staffing needs. they are beginning to take over contracts from sheriffs and local pd's who currently staff upstate areas. it will be a slow process but should continue. which areas are next to go is anyones guess" p.s I'm not your enemy I just like to debate
                I've already asked, where do you think I got my information from? By NYS law, each county sheriff's office is only required to do 2 things - maintain a correctional facility and provide a civil bureau to the county. They are not obligated to maintain a road patrol or provide court security like you're used to with a full-service agency such as MCSO.

What you're going to see happen is what you've seen happen before with law enforcement. Counties with a small population base have a small tax base, therefore less money. What happens when there's too little law enforcement coverage in a county? NYSP steps in. What happens when counties start feeling the effects of having to pay employees to staff a building that has nothing to do with the county (county courts aren't part of the county, they fall under the auspices of the NYS Unified Court System)? NYS Court Officers will step in. It's pretty simple, really.

Due to contractual obligations and the fact that Monroe County taxpayers generally have no problem stepping up to the plate when it comes to public safety, you won't see MCSO dropping their court bureau for a long time.

Comment

I've already asked, where do you think I got my information from? By NYS law, each county sheriff's office is only required to do 2 things - maintain a correctional facility and provide a civil bureau to the county. They are not obligated to maintain a road patrol or provide court security like you're used to with a full-service agency such as MCSO.

What you're going to see happen is what you've seen happen before with law enforcement. Counties with a small population base have a small tax base, therefore less money. What happens when there's too little law enforcement coverage in a county? NYSP steps in. What happens when counties start feeling the effects of having to pay employees to staff a building that has nothing to do with the county (county courts aren't part of the county, they fall under the auspices of the NYS Unified Court System)? NYS Court Officers will step in. It's pretty simple, really.

Due to contractual obligations and the fact that Monroe County taxpayers generally have no problem stepping up to the plate when it comes to public safety, you won't see MCSO dropping their court bureau for a long time.
                  But with this it is possible to see this eventually correct?

Comment

But with this it is possible to see this eventually correct?
                    Possible, yes. Plausible? Hardly.

Comment

Hall of Justice

It's really not up to the county residents. The Office of Court Administration contracts with local law enforcement to provide security in the courts upstate. Gradually OCA is doing away with those contracts and introducing Court Officers to these courts. Within a few years all courts in New York will be staffed by Court Officers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32
                        It's really not up to the county residents. The Office of Court Administration contracts with local law enforcement to provide security in the courts upstate. Gradually OCA is doing away with those contracts and introducing Court Officers to these courts. Within a few years all courts in New York will be staffed by Court Officers.
                        That is correct right now the sheriff is holding onto court security because he wants say in it among other things. The deputies are not sure if they would like the change or not becasue there are several pros vs. cons.

Comment

hmmm how long before monroe county has much less population then now and much less tax base lets say little to no kodak property among others.

wait that bus station downtown is going to turn rochester around lol.My brother is a VP there if they could dump rochester faster than they are currently they would.

rochester-- buffalo 2 cities that are in decline more and more.

Comment

That is correct right now the sheriff is holding onto court security because he wants say in it among other things. The deputies are not sure if they would like the change or not becasue there are several pros vs. cons.
                            He doesn't really have much say in it.

Comment

He doesn't really have much say in it.
                              Yes I know, but that is what a senior court dep. told me. The deps. are paid by the state anyway.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6710 users online. 360 members and 6350 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X