300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD January 2017 Academy

Less than 30 days until October academy and then all eyes will be on January. I just had my residency check this week, and am not eligible for hire until January, so obviously they are getting ready for the January push also. Good luck to anyone hoping for October, and to anyone else January is right around the corner for us hopefuls.

Exam 3319 Hoping to be clear for january 2017[emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hey guys long time good luck to all
      NYPD exam 2311 (back up)
      NYC DOC exam 4303
      When God closes a door on you, don't keep banging on it because what is behind that door is not meant for you

Comment

APD stated that the class size for January is projected to be around 300 recruits. Also, January may be the first class to have a 9 month academy opposed to the current 6 month cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_easy3197 View Post
          APD stated that the class size for January is projected to be around 300 recruits. Also, January may be the first class to have a 9 month academy opposed to the current 6 month cycle.
          Has this been confirmed yet? I have seen many people mention this and wanted to know where it first began from?

Comment

APD stated thats not true multiple times
            NYPD Exam #4328

List number 57*
            APD: Finalized/due on 5/20/16
            Medical:
            Oral psych:
            Written psych:
            BI:
            JST:
            Mini-Med:

Comment

Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
              APD stated thats not true multiple times
              That's not what some other officials pretty high up in the food chain are saying, including the academy.

Comment

hey guys whats up. is the nypd still strict on the weight requirements. im 5'11" 300. Im hoping to drop another 40lbs just to be safe and i know that i have to look forward to the projected July 2017 class. thanks
                NYPD exam 2311 (back up)
                NYC DOC exam 4303
                When God closes a door on you, don't keep banging on it because what is behind that door is not meant for you

Comment

APD didnt say that the 9 month thing was not true, they just said they have never heard of that rumor

however, rumors that circulate the academy are usually not true. for example, when instructors were saying that the academy was going to be shut down due to problems with the building/permits.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by salsa22295 View Post

are all white nike running shoes good for the academy

Do Your Feet A FAVOR. Make sure you get a VERY COMFORTABLE running shoe. Don't Cheap out, as your feet will BE PAYING. They will THANK YOU !

They say BLACK SHOES with WHITE LACES

Check Ebay Item #

May as well START GETTING your Items EARLY
                    Last edited by Retired NYPD; 12-12-2016, 06:34 PM.

Comment

https://youtu.be/gtsMZpiljyk?t=24m35s

There is no 9 month academy. There is 6 months in the academy and 6 months field training with a "field training officer"
                      The 6 months field training will be 2 months on days, 2 months on evenings, 2 months on nights. You will be assigned to a field training officer with 1 other rookie

Comment

Originally posted by lillux View Post
                        https://youtu.be/gtsMZpiljyk?t=24m35s

There is no 9 month academy. There is 6 months in the academy and 6 months field training with a "field training officer"
                        The 6 months field training will be 2 months on days, 2 months on evenings, 2 months on nights. You will be assigned to a field training officer with 1 other rookie
                        Your absolutely right there is no current 9 month academy but best believe there is talks to make a change and extend it. Don't know if it's 9 or 8 but chances are really good it will be lengthened. like Bruno mars says "don't believe me, just watch!"

Comment

Anyone looking to establish residency in the NYC area, I have room for rent in Van Cortlandt Park area of the Bronx. Pre-war building, 3 bedroom apartment, access to kitchen and furnished living room. Myself and another police officer live in the apartment, you’ll be sharing with us. Month to month rent, $1,000 includes utilities, basic cleaning service, no extra costs. 25 minutes to the academy via the Throggs Neck Bridge. Contact me for further information.

Comment

Originally posted by kevstraws View Post
                            Anyone looking to establish residency in the NYC area, I have room for rent in Van Cortlandt Park area of the Bronx. Pre-war building, 3 bedroom apartment, access to kitchen and furnished living room. Myself and another police officer live in the apartment, you’ll be sharing with us. Month to month rent, $1,000 includes utilities, basic cleaning service, no extra costs. 25 minutes to the academy via the Throggs Neck Bridge. Contact me for further information.
                            Bro, I just saw your post. I'm on the job for 3 years. Trying to find a place now because I lived in queens, I want to be near the 40. Is this in the 47? Turn on your PM, please. Lol

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by salsa22295 View Post

are all white nike running shoes good for the academy

[/QUOTE]

Get good running sneakers that fit your feet, the staff dont really care what color since you will be doing alot of running, they know that a good pair of shoes make a difference.

Npico79 Weight doesnt matter as long as you can pass the physical test. mile and half in 14:21 and JST in 3:32

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3392 users online. 214 members and 3178 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X