Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spoke to one of the instructors today, they are moving forward for the next academy class soon so stay close to your phones and emails. Also, for those on the list that haven't been called yet to do the PT exam, your time is almost here so hope your ready. they are mailing the next 1000 the pt exam date in the next 2 weeks. The PT exam will be at the nypd academy indoor track. good luck to all

Comment

• Finally lol!

is the inside track a smaller track or the standard size?

Comment

• bk_3000
        bk_3000 commented
        Editing a comment
        indoor track is smaller but i believe they also have an outside one.
        Last edited by bk_3000; 03-17-2020, 07:58 AM.

• HighwayBob
        HighwayBob commented
        Editing a comment
        The outdoor track is a quarter mile. The indoor "track" is in the gym and it's smaller. IIRC the mile and a half is 8 laps instead of 6.

• HighwayBob
        HighwayBob commented
        Editing a comment
        CORRECTION: the indoor track at the NYPD academy is 200 meters, so a mile and a half is TWELVE laps.

• It’s about time. Always seems like there’s a delay hopefully things will be smoother moving forward. Been waiting years..

Comment

• I hope the mile and half is 8 laps and not more lol

Comment

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          See my comment above. It's 12 laps.

• Thank you very much, for update bk_3000. Does anybody know up to what number on the list they will reach at this time? Also how much time do we have to prepare for PT exam, after receiving email/letter. Thank you, and good luck to all of you.

Comment

• bk_3000
          bk_3000 commented
          Editing a comment
          i believe they already reached the first 500 regarding the PT exam. not to say that anyone in that number isn't still processing with them, they still are. letters for the next 1000 people should be going out soon. so if your in that 600 - 1600 number, look out for it in the email/mail. You will not have much time once you receive the notice. In the past some had from a couple days to a week. no one here should be waiting for that to prepare

• I feel like with everything going on that the physical will postpone, I hope not but time will tell.

Comment

• maldanator123
          maldanator123 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sadly, I think you may be right but who knows they may need extra staff with all this stuff going on. No one knows for sure I guess except for bk_3000 Been waiting for a long time for this and have been ready since day one. Hopefully, they can finally give us the call to start processing.

• NYCDep
          NYCDep commented
          Editing a comment
          It is likely that the PAT will be delayed at least until the quarantine is lifted. After that, it depends on the damage to the city's budget, and whether they freeze hiring.

• Hopefully anyone that works with the deputy sheriffs or has any accurate info can keep us updated with the department’s intentions.

Stay healthy and safe everyone!

Comment

• Hope everyone has been safe and healthy!

just saw the city’s budget online and it looks like the sheriff department won’t be affected, no budget cuts for them. Hopefully when this is over the process will pick right up. stay healthy everyone.

Comment

• Max99
            Max99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wrong thread
            Last edited by Max99; 04-17-2020, 10:55 AM. Reason: Wrong thread ///////

• is next written exam coming this fall?

Comment

• Anyone know anything about this process ? I can’t find anything online about the salary , benefits, academy, nothing.

Comment

• DThomasNYPD This was our last contract, its public records, https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/olr/down...y-sheriffs.pdf

the academy is about the same timeframe and process as nypd, its held in Long Island city. Runs around 6 months, 4 months in the class setting and 2 in the field. hiring process is PT exam first, medical, written and oral psych then interview. Read this full thread to answer some questions, I'm sure we covered this.

Yes everything has been halted cause of whats been going on but hang in there everyone. the sheriff is working very hard in keeping this agency vital and growing, he did specify that he still has the ok to hire, the question is how much and when. For now just keep calm and stay safe.

you can also check out the union site, some aspects of it is private but you can get some info, www.nyc-dsa.org

Comment

• Where is the PT part of the exam held at?

Comment

• either McCarren Park (6 laps) in greenpoint brooklyn or the new nypd academy building in college point (indoor track 12 laps).
                  Last edited by bk_3000; 05-20-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7685 users online. 435 members and 7250 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X