Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your list number isn't important once you are already in the process. Of the first 600 people called, 135 showed up, passed the PAT and received the BIQ. How quickly the background investigation completed determined if they made it into this upcoming academy or not. The more past you have to check, the longer it might take to clear depending on how fast your other jobs, etc... respond to our inquiries. Now that this academy class is almost ready to go, the process for the next class will start moving forward again, so people who handed in their BIQ and weren't already called may be hearing from us soon.
    “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

• Thanks NYCDep. What I don’t understand is once all 135 biq’s were on the investigators desk, how did he/she decide which one to start first, was it a random pick or by list number? In either case it is what it is. Will we be notified if disqualified from the process? Good luck to those starting the academy soon, keep us informed.

Comment

• Last day with DOC, starting Tuesday 2/19/2019 with DOF as a Deputy City Sheriff.

Comment

• Eddie_L
          Eddie_L commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! I used to work for DOC as well. Can you give us some info on the academy now that you're in. How many people are in the class and if they mention how many more they plan on hiring?

• Allstar51
          Allstar51 commented
          Editing a comment
          When they told you to go to Personal Unit does that mean your hired ?

• Want2BCO im also a CO at MDC. I didnt make it into this class hoping for the next one. Good luck in the academy!

Comment

• Want2BCO
          Want2BCO commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. And you will soon join DOF. Good luck!

• Congratulations. Keep us posted on your experience in the academy. Thank you

Comment

• For those who started the academy today, what is the first day like?

Comment

• congrats to everyone that started in this new academy class.

Comment

• I got the call to report to HR on the March 4. Hopefully that is a good sign

Comment

• Allstar51 cool that's my birthday. What is the last step you completed in the process so far? and did you receive an invite through email or an actual phone call?

Comment

• I finished the oral pysch last month and got a call today around 4:00pm.

Comment

• Any word on the next PATs?

Comment

• crye088
                      crye088 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      From what I've heard, calls for the next 600 list #'s will begin sometime in the spring & continue into the summer

• Anyone who has been contacted by HR can give me some insight on what I am going to be doing there?

Comment

• My list number is in the low 300s. And not a peep since submitting my BIQ. I have emailed the DOF candidate unit multiple times for an update and received nothing. Just a disappointing situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Want2BCO View Post
                        Last day with DOC, starting Tuesday 2/19/2019 with DOF as a Deputy City Sheriff.
                        At Eddie L, as of today the class has 24. I don't know how many the sheriff dept. will hire but they do say more people are retiring.

At Allstar 51, if the DOF HR calls you and the personnel will officially offer you for the sheriff position. Then, you will answer Yes or No.

Comment

• Allstar51
                          Allstar51 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks, I report March 4th to HR. When you went to HR, what kind of paperwork did you fill out ? New Hire Paperwork?

• Eddie_L
                          Eddie_L commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What were the steps after your background packet was handed in? Medical, oral psych? Is there a written psych etc? And when is talk of the next academy??

• Want2BCO
                          Want2BCO commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Allstar51, NYCAPS needs to be completed before you go to HR. Just fill out paperwork and finger printing and photo for ID.
                          Eddie_L, Medical(few tests), and Psych(Written then Oral). I do not know the next Academy.

• Just sitting and waiting. This is taking a long time. Processing should go faster honestly.
                        Exams Taken:
                        NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
                        NYPDPC Exam 2214
                        APD5- Complete
                        Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
                        Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
                        Mini Med - ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6222 users online. 298 members and 5924 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X