300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Believe View Post
    Anyone on here starting the academy next week? How did the process go for you? Congratulations.
    I don't know where the word that the Academy is next week started, but everyone that has completed the entire process has not been notified of any Academy starting in 6 days. I , as well as a few others went to Personnel Unit for DOF, filled out the new hire packet, and are waiting for further instructions. Unless someone OTJ can chime in on some information that we are not aware of, I am very doubtful that there is an academy starting on February 4th.
    Last edited by FP0704; 01-29-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Want2BCO
      Want2BCO commented
      Editing a comment
      Everybody is so tired after Super Bowl weekend. No way the Academy is on Feb 4th, plus New York Jets and Giants fans have to celebrate the Patriots lose on the Feb 4th. LOL

• FP0704
      FP0704 commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes absolute sense lol

• NYCDep
      NYCDep commented
      Editing a comment
      The last step before hiring was checking that the candidates taxes were filed and in order. The shutdown prevented that from being done quickly. The candidates who currently work for another city agency need to get two weeks notice, so since the tax check was delayed, the notice to other agencies was delayed, so the start date was moved to the 19th. There may be others who are not able to start on the 19th for the above reasons, so they will probably start two weeks later.

• I finished the whole process and just waiting for the call .

Comment

• What list number are you guys more or less? (Not exact list number)

Comment

• Is the academy 4 or 6 months? Also, is the starting pay still around 35k?

Comment

• I am in the 460’s

Comment

• Basically this is my timeline
            PT exam -April
            Background Submitted- May
            Fingerprints- August
            Medical-November
            Audiology-December
            Written/oral pysch-January
            Call to report to HR personnel unit- February
            Last edited by Allstar51; 02-24-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdrew View Post
              Is the academy 4 or 6 months? Also, is the starting pay still around 35k?
              It is 6 months but the break down to 4 months in the Academy and 2 months in the job training. Based on the current expired contract, the starting salary is $33,884.00. After 6 months is $44,145.00. Every year will increase to the $85,292.00 (5 and half year). That is what I know, I may be wrong.

Comment

• Thanks for the response guys. I’m in the low 200’s, not a peep yet.

Comment

• Your in the 200’s and still no call ? How is that possible

Comment

• Im in the 420-450 range and no call either. Last step for me was handing in BI package.

Comment

• I am in that same range 420-450 and I handed in my background package and still haven't hard anything. I think its a bit unfair that the process is moving along slow for some and others fast. I called the sheriffs investigators and they told me that they don't know when it will clear....
                      Exams Taken:
                      NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
                      NYPDPC Exam 2214
                      APD5- Complete
                      Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
                      Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
                      Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Not sure. Low 200’s, passed the pat and handed in my background packet on time. Not a peep since.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuertoRican_COP View Post
                          I am in that same range 420-450 and I handed in my background package and still haven't hard anything. I think its a bit unfair that the process is moving along slow for some and others fast. I called the sheriffs investigators and they told me that they don't know when it will clear....
                          Unfair? Do you think that everyone that takes tests are squaeky clean, and don’t have something that might be looked into more.

Comment

• PuertoRican_COP
                            PuertoRican_COP commented
                            Editing a comment
                            most people are already in law enforcement or military that i saw that processed.... Likewise for myself both military and corrections

• The hopeful
                            The hopeful commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Just because you’re in military or law enforcement does not mean someone else in the same scenario didnt **** up while there.

• Good luck to those who get chosen. I will update you guys as I get updated

Comment

• Got the call today. Academy start date : February 19, 2019. Congrats to everyone who made it and see you in about 3 weeks.

List# 1**

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5847 users online. 437 members and 5410 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X